It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love you, dont you realise violence breeds violence.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Every day I read more and more comments demanding that North Korea should be taught a lesson. People taking great delight in the thought of death and destruction.

Can you not see the road that has been travelled? it is irrefutable that violence and hatred begats more violence and hatred. Change can only be achieved by setting an example. Someone dies. Someone you love dies. Someone they love dies. You hate, they hate, we all hate. Who wins? Who feeds off this hate? Who really wins?

Think! Awaken!
edit on 28-3-2013 by December21st2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am not advocating violence in any way, but, I also don't think that we should wait around forever hoping that this guy will 'see the light' and start crapping rainbows and butterflies. Because, its not going to happen.

We have plenty of men and women in the south that are well within their reach and they have made it abundantly clear that they don't want to play nice.

(Edited to change my response, since OP was kind enough to change the title of the thread. And, since I apparently wasn't clear enough in my comment, I added a line to make it more specific.)
edit on 28-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
Every day I read more and more comments demanding that North Korea should be taught a lesson. People taking great delight in the thought of death and destruction.

Can you not see the road that has been travelled? it is irrefutable that violence and hatred begats more violence and hatred. Change can only be achieved by setting an example. Someone dies. Someone you love dies. Someone they love dies. You hate, they hate, we all hate. Who wins? Who feeds off this hate? Who really wins?

Think! Awaken!

Must be awesome there in the land of Rainbows , lollipops, Kittens and skittle farting Unicorns....

But here in the real world......sometimes people have to do bad things to bad people so that good people dont suffer.......

All your fuzzy love and hugs n kisses wouldnt make LiL Kim hesitate for one second to have your head lopped off if you did something that displeased him

Same goes for any number of psychopaths and again BAD people out there.......

flowers, rose colored glasses and claiming some sort of enlightenment over reality isnt going to stop them
edit on 28-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Stop them from what?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Stop them from what?

Let's assume we do not initiate anything and NK finally decides they have had enough and launches a few missiles our way, would we be justified in responding?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Only a fool would get offended by a blanket statement on an internet forum.
I know the OP is not referring to me, I may be an idiot, but I'm no fool. So I don't care what he calls people.

I agree, that the US should not be involved in the Korea situation at all. I don't think a war will solve anything here. Just look at how well it went last time.

But OP, sometimes violence does solve problems. I've seen it work.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Lets assume, that you are well within your capabilities of destroying their missiles before they even reach you. Lets compare that to a child slapping your shin. What level of reaction would be justified?

We teach by example.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Lets assume, that you are well within your capabilities of destroying their missiles before they even reach you. Lets compare that to a child slapping your shin. What level of reaction would be justified?

We teach by example.

Ok..so we destroy their incoming missiles and they try again..eventually one gets through..

At any point is a response justified in your eyes?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Think! Awaken!

Perhaps it's in our nature and we have no control over our nature.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
you want one to get through dont you? I dont want one to get through. And there is the difference between us.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I am not advocating violence in any way, but, I also don't think that we should wait around forever hoping that this guy will 'see the light' and start crapping rainbows and butterflies.

Unbelievable. That attitude is exactly what the OP is describing.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

“War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R. Tolkien

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Violence is always the last option, but if that time comes, it is the ONLY option.

John Gilmour

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”

G.K. Chesterton

Of course war is always horrible, awful, evil. But when there is a greater evil and the only other option is to succumb to that evil along with our loved ones and way of live.... then, we have to do what we have to do.

No one is a fool enough to "like" war. To think that others would think that is... foolish. What is wise is to realize that sometimes, it is just the only option.
edit on 3/28/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Is it in your nature?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

you want one to get through dont you? I dont want one to get through. And there is the difference between us.

Huh, how exactly do I want one to get through?
I asked a fair question trying to understand your stance better and you can't respond in a normal manner..so be it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

seems like you just dont want to answer the question..........

Say one never does, and they turn their sights on someone else who doesnt have our capabilities.......and we stood by and did nothing........then what?

Quit playing games............and trying to turn the debate around because you dont want to answer a simple quesiton............

Come on ENLIGHTENED one.........

people on ATS arent stupid, theyve seen people come and go on here plenty of times who like to play the game your playing........

And then claim some moral superiority or knowledge........then instead of answering questions just shoot questions back like they are trying to be some sort of Yogi, or spiritual leader talking to children........and being condescending to the posters on the thread....

......guess what, youre not
edit on 28-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by InTheLight

Is it in your nature?

It's in all of us and to deny it is to deny truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Fair enough, there has to be an element of realism. Where it can absoultely not be avoided, action should be taken to AVOID the further propogation of violence. However, again being realistic, this is not normally the pretence under which violence takes place.

And the victims of violence on the world stage...you and I. The pawns in the game. And how are the pawns manipulated? By the spread of hatred and fear. It may as well be inscribed on our tombstones. We fought bravely, died horribly, but at least the marketing campaign was successfull.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Unbelievable. That attitude is exactly what the OP is describing.

Did I say to wipe them off the map? No.

I am saying we need to stay on our toes, and keep a watchful eye on them, because, he is not going to magically stop being bent on our destruction and we have plenty of men and women in the south that are easily within his reach.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I am not claiming some moral superiority or enlightenment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join