It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40+ Officers & ATF Agents Raid Home of Youtube Gun Personality FPSRussia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by damnmongolian0
reply to post by BABYBULL24

how the hell does this guy obtain all of his weapons? any ideas??

Class 3 Federal Firearms License

Perhaps they should perform background checks for this type of license and monitor them with GPS locators.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Originally posted by intrptr

Class 3 Federal Firearms License

Perhaps they should perform background checks for this type of license and monitor them with GPS locators.

Why? why does anyone need to be monitored...

Nudge theory at its finest.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Why would we want them to GPS? The is the very LAST thing we need in this country... Come on people...

-SAP-
edit on 29-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's very easy... as long as you are legally allowed to purchase a firearm, you can buy whatever you want as long as you have the money. I could buy a full auto machine gun tomorrow if I had upwards of $15,000... all I need is to pay the federal tax stamp and apply for a class three license through the ATF. The background check is a little more extensive, and it takes a few months, but anyone could do it as long as they have a clean record and the money.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Monitor the people or the weapons? There is already lots of checking and lots of paperwork in order to be allowed a destructive device or machine gun permit. Anybody can apply, but not just anybody is allowed such a license.

Usually, only members of police organizations, explosives or weapons companies, and government agencies are granted such licenses. In rare cases, training facilities for law enforcement run by civilians (like ex police and military types) are allowed to maintain and store destructive devices. Usually only for one location. For instance, you can't get a class three and keep grenades in your glove compartment. Or drive around town with a machine gun in your rifle rack.

Laws differ from state to state, my knowledge of them is antiquated and there may be updates about specifics listed above. Of course you can't own a F16 or M1 Abrams tank either.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Darnit, guess I'm going to go somewhere else to watch awesome guns blow stuff up.

FPSRussia's an awesome dude, and this shiftily sounds like what they wanted to do at Waco.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Actor's home? What? Did they bust Chuck Norris, too?

Oh, well. Kind'a hysterical. I was wondering when they were going to bust a cap on his faux Russian rear butt.

It wasn't tempting enough that he flaunted all kinds of firearms.......it was the Yakov Smirnov bad impression that you just knew was going to far.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It is quite obvious to me that they (government) are using this to make a statement: we will take away your liberties by force if you do not surrender. If they were not trying to send this message, those officers would all have been busy arresting about 20 drug dealers with the same amount of manpower. But...wait...they never get arrested because they help fund the penal system by turning out crazies.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Orange

2little2late-1.newsvine.com...

In Cyprus, Big Losses Expected on Deposits

the Bank of Cyprus to get a “haircut,” or loss, of about 40 percent on ...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMind
He funds the guns from the t shirts he sells and the advertising revenue.

I also had a bit of a revelation regarding FPSRussia - with his wry smile and humor isnt he in a way saying its ridiculous for a private citizen to be able to legally own and shoot those guns?

Is FPS actually a really good anti-gun advocate?

considering that he explains all the guns and silencers are legal to own? i'd say no. most people have fallen under the delusion that fully automatic weapons and silencers are illegal and i'm happy his videos are seen by so many because people see the guns and then ask questions.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by venominous
It is quite obvious to me that they (government) are using this to make a statement: we will take away your liberties by force if you do not surrender. If they were not trying to send this message, those officers would all have been busy arresting about 20 drug dealers with the same amount of manpower. But...wait...they never get arrested because they help fund the penal system by turning out crazies.

Sort of like the statements Diane Feinstein, Piers Morgan, and other liberals are making. We can thank them for another million NRA members, and for driving gun and ammo sales to new records. I don't think Obama deserved the Nobel Peace Prize, but he sure as hell is the best gun salesman in the history of this country. Even the biggest gun shops are having trouble keeping ammo in stock. I expect we will see a run on reloading supplies next.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
I'm disappointed to find out he isn't Russian.

actually, he pretty much is..

he comes from Georgia...not coke-a-cola headquarters, Georgia, but the former soviet state of Georgia....

Got a link to prove that? Wikipedia says he's from the actual state of Georgia, and he does all his filming on his family farm in Georgia.

Pretty sure this guy is a born and bred American playing a Russian for entertainment.

He's an American. His character is based off of a former employers (or acquaintances) thick accent. It's purely entertainment.

Kyle Myers
edit on 29-3-2013 by arcnaver because: add link.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by intrptr

Why did you skim over the part that said he was blowing things up illegally?

Stop trying to trump up the "dey terk er guns" crowd when the guy in question was likely violating the law!

If he was blowing things up illegally....

Why didn't they charge him for it?

Because he WASN'T doing it illegally.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This thread so far has been a mixture of undoing ignorance and hypothesizing.
If you have read the whole thread so far congratulations because it is interested people like you that do make a difference in the long run.

At least. Email higher ups in the ATF and get some answers to share with us.

Because if you don't. Nobody will.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The guy is what we call an entertainer, I seen his vids. He does not even own all those guns, his manager who got shot/killed got them for his show, and frankly probably something is going on and probably has nothing to do with this guy or his YouTube vids personally and more with why his manager got shoot and over what. But he packs and shows off some pretty expensive toys on his vids, even if he rents them there not cheep, and so likely like everything else follow the money and it will lead you to the answers. However the guy is an actor, and the ATF really must of been bored or were looking for any excuse to get in and see what's there....In all I find it hard to care, give it a year or so and the guy will probably kill himself playing with all those toys for his show, he almost did it a few times already. But he does have a pretty awesome fake Russian accent, and has become a sort of YouTube celebrity he even was in a videogame commercial because of it. If his popularity grows he may even be in a movie or something, as they say and as Hollywood has proven, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

But what was the justification for the raid? ATF spokesman Richard Coes told the Banner-Herald: "The claim is that [Myers] was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube."

Seeming to contradict the ATF's statement, Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas told WHLR that Tuesday's raids were in connection with the investigation into the suspected murder of Myers's former business partner, Keith Ratliff, who was found dead from a single gunshot to the head in January in the office of FPS Industries, the weapons testing business he owned.

The ATF did not return a request for comment from The Huffington Post.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Hopefully not, it's so easy to get an explosives permit there's no need to ever mess up that way.

Seriously, to any ATSer, it's butt simple, get the permit, don't get caught with your pants down. It's easier to explain where you got the detcord and c4 from later than to explain why you don't have a permit for it.

10 years ago it was easy to get a explosives permit . that ended with 9/11
i was running a small mine when 9/11 happened and working under a county explosives permit.
the county permit cost me about $50 a year.
after 9/11 they added a state and federal permits you had to get at around $4000 a years and the BATF pays you visits about 2 times a year. (those day are lost days along with the days MSHA and CA-OSHA so i would lose between 12 to 14 days a years Just to showing these agencies personal around.

before 9/11 i would setup my blasting supplies at the start of the day
The caps and fuse ready to go in a old back pack and two 5 gal buckets of ANFO and boosters in the top of the buckets.
I would load these i two ore cars behind my battery locomotive and go back in the mine. for a days work.

Now i have to have two locked day boxes on two mine cars just to transport the explosives in the mine till i need them even though i was the only one in the mine(that in its self was illegal but i would have had to hire a employee at $100 a day and pay for workmans comp at $100 a week.) this along with my ore cars. because i am not loading the blast when i get to the work heading. i mucked out the blast from the day before(about 20+ tons of broken rock.) first thing in the morning and dump it down old workings in the mine. Then drill the round and load them at the end of the day
that takes about 6 hours and fire the round. Then i do repairs that i need get ready for the next day out at the mine shop.
This allowed the gasses from the blast to clear over night.

When these new 9/11 rules started i was forced out of business. i was making money before but i was not making enough after to keep going.
Plus i was having health problems that were going to cut any profits. So i quit while i was ahead .
edit on 30-3-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I guess I'll be the only one who says it, but i think they should have every right to go and have a look around a guy's place who has an ARSENAL of crazy weapons.
If he isn't doing anything illegal then he's got nothing to worry about.
It's not like he owns 1 gun and 10 bullets.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
rt.com...

another article explaining that FPSrussia was not arrested and the ATF did not confiscate any weapons or find any explosives other than tannerite which FPSrussia only ever claimed to use anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
rt.com...

another article explaining that FPSrussia was not arrested and the ATF did not confiscate any weapons or find any explosives other than tannerite which FPSrussia only ever claimed to use anyway.

the problem is that his house was raided with an illegal warrant under false pretenses, they even "considered" confiscating the guns, but couldn't find a reason to do so.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join