It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40+ Officers & ATF Agents Raid Home of Youtube Gun Personality FPSRussia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by intrptr

Why did you skim over the part that said he was blowing things up illegally?

Stop trying to trump up the "dey terk er guns" crowd when the guy in question was likely violating the law!

If he was blowing things up illegally....

Why didn't they charge him for it?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
I'm disappointed to find out he isn't Russian.

actually, he pretty much is..

he comes from Georgia...not coke-a-cola headquarters, Georgia, but the former soviet state of Georgia....

Got a link to prove that? Wikipedia says he's from the actual state of Georgia, and he does all his filming on his family farm in Georgia.

Pretty sure this guy is a born and bred American playing a Russian for entertainment.

i stand corrected...i'd read a bio once that said he was from former soviet georgia...i shall correct my earlier post

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Stop trying to trump up the "dey terk er guns" crowd when the guy in question was likely violating the law!

Yea, right.

Key word "likely". Unless you have evidence suggesting he was actually doing anything illegal, you can just keep that to yourself. Seems likely you're trying to spread misinformation and ignorance.

They never once claimed he was doing anything illegal, these were only allegations. They raided his property looking for illegal explosives and found none. The ATF "illegally" considered taking all his weapons, but ultimately decided not to. Imagine that.

As it was said in the article, the raid is supposedly related to the murder of his associate, of which they have no suspects or information available to the public.

In other words, it was a public message that the ATF & FBI does whatever it wants to. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't take his weapons by default, because they usually overstep their authority.

His last upload was based on showcasing and using Secret Service weaponry. I bet that had something to do with the Feds waving their dick around.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

In our state people call the police if they hear a gun shot. I can only imagine what would happen if someone was blowing stuff up.
Actually if it were a neighbor of mine I think I wouldn't like explosions going on.
I sure wouldn't like a 40 man raid going on either!
edit on 29-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think the point of this little show was "Even though you have all this weaponry you will still bend over for big brother"

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well he's been doing it for years now. He's not just a small-time schmuck blowing stuff up in his backyard. He's actually in the Top 10 most-subscribed on YouTube. Tons of people, he's very well known. Not only that, but he's acted in at least one major network TV commercial that I know of..

Aside from that, I'm sure his property is very private.

That's why this case is so interesting. Millions upon millions of people watch this guy regularly.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
LOL getting busted was the best thing that happened to him

what a moron.

You call him a moron... I call him legendary (we can agree to disagree)... This guy eats bad #$& for breakfast and craps awesome..

He is probably the greatest example of "Do not try this at home"....

Sure he's crazy but that's his prerogative...

As for all the guns he demonstrates.... you have any idea the hoops you have to jump through to own that kind of fire power.... This is not the kind of stuff you just have to get a background check for...

edit on 29-3-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Did they seize his guns?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This hss little to do with the feds trampeling the 2nd amendment but a lot to do with the 4th and 5th amendment. This was a fishing expedition to investigate a murder. To get search/arrest warrents cops often use bogus crimes. What happend here was a judge didn't find provable cause for a search in connection with theurder so some smart AG came up with a novel legal arguement to show probable cause for a bs weapons charge he knew wouldn't stick. The AG and the cops probably cared less about gins and explosives and actually wanted to conduct a borderline illegal search.. why do people care so much about the second amendment and so little about the other ones?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
also fps russia's website is down or blocked as well

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Can you imagine all the cool stuff they have now?

I wonder if he will release a statement? I would like to hear his side of the story.

Yeah totally!!!

Id love to see his you tube for this.

"hello comrades, the capitalist pigs raided all my cool stuff so today im reviewing this potato gun, .22 calibre and i have some wet paper targets to shoot for you, i hope you enjoy!" - hahaha cant wait.

tho i hope he didnt murder his fellow business partner, i dont want to hate FPSrussia

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Greetings Hal. Seen any dolls lately?

If they were yours they would be called "Haldols".

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by subliminalsubconcious
also fps russia's website is down or blocked as well

It's up now. Probably went down due to traffic looking for a statement from Myers, himself, on the raid. He spoke up on Twitter finally saying how it had been a fun week and he was glad they didn't shoot with a link to the guns.com article. So, I'd take it that this article is probably the one he preferences for accuracy of depiction: www.guns.com...

It really blows me away (no pun intended) that the ATF chose to raid FPSRussia. It's not to say that, if he was doing anything wrong, that celebrities should somehow be exempt from law. However, considering the statements made by his producer, Mandel, in the article and Coes of the ATF in regards to what was in question, you'd think that the raid would have been rather unnecessary because they seemed to be complying to the questions of monetary receipt for his videos. The fact that they did the raid in response to a permit question relating to entertainment and monetization makes the ATF look like overblown idiots. Wonder what brainiac came up with that idea when the country is in the midst of a gun scare panic.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
They are starting to wrangle up the "pro firearm personalities". It has begun!

Hide your guns and ammo!

-SAP-

Hide them? When it comes time to hide your guns and ammo... it's time to use your guns and ammo.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

rt.com...
from your link

No illegal explosives were found and no arrests were made, but considering the unprecedented arsenal stocked at one of the locations, the agents considered confiscating Myers’ weapons. “The idea at one of the locations was to take firearms, but they did not do that,” an ATF spokesperson said, according to Onlineathens.com.
so it seems like they did wanna take his weapons but could not come up with a legal excuse to do so....good thing he is a popular and well known person otherwise they might have tried to take his stuff as im sure FPS russias investors have a pretty good legal team

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

how the hell does this guy obtain all of his weapons? any ideas??

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I dunno but that UTS-15 12 Gauge was the biggest piece of crap - he shot it once and the thing fell apart.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
He funds the guns from the t shirts he sells and the advertising revenue.

I also had a bit of a revelation regarding FPSRussia - with his wry smile and humor isnt he in a way saying its ridiculous for a private citizen to be able to legally own and shoot those guns?

Is FPS actually a really good anti-gun advocate?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by intrptr

If he was blowing things up illegally....

Why didn't they charge him for it?

Because it was trumped up? My bet anyway. They can say whatever they want. If they got him on "explosives", then they would also have charged him with incendiary ammunition, firing cannons, automatic weapons, suppressors, etc. The permit for all that for business is the same. The government either trusts you with all that or none of it. The transfer tax is where they get you (for each item). He would have to have a business, which he did, to pay for it all. The ATF knows he's had a business all along. He's on YouTube!

They just using an excuse by focusing on "explosives". And even if he isn't (eventually) charged with anything, they still confiscate everything (left over from last raid) and keep him paying lawyers fees in court for ever . That will break him. "Quietly", away from the media eye.

Nice little campaign they got there.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by damnmongolian0

how the hell does this guy obtain all of his weapons? any ideas??

Class 3 Federal Firearms License

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join