It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea orders rockets on standby to hit US bases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Source

Pyongyang has ordered rocket units be put on standby to fire on US bases in the South Pacific. “The time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists in view of the prevailing situation,” North Korean leader declared, according to state media.

Is this it? Has the time finally arrived for North Korea and the United States to enter a war against each other?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

Thanks for the info...
I very much doubt that this is it!

Lil Kim Lil balls

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

I think they've been on standby for at least a week now...Lil Kim just likes to repeat himself...

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Didn't they ordered an artillery "to target US bases" too recently? Nothing happend... Thank God!
Hope this is another empty threat, by the young and stupid dictator.
S&F.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig
Source

Pyongyang has ordered rocket units be put on standby to fire on US bases in the South Pacific. “The time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists in view of the prevailing situation,” North Korean leader declared, according to state media.

Is this it? Has the time finally arrived for North Korea and the United States to enter a war against each other?

We'll counter their pea shooters with boulders if they have the gumption to pull the trigger.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

If nuclear (and chemical and biological) weapons are "peashooters"... what exactly do you consider "boulders"

edit on 3/28/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, we did throw more gasoline on that fire with the stealth bomber firing drills we just did.

What did they expect?

Edit:

The U.S. decision to fly B-2 spirit bombers over South Korea in military exercises was "an ultimatum that they will ignite a nuclear war at any cost on the Korean Peninsula," the North Korean state news agency said.

cnn

I had a feeling upon reading the OP that this new development had something to do with this ^.
edit on 28-3-2013 by daryllyn because: I do what I want.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Come on, this is getting out of hand, Lil Kim must realise that he will get his arse handed to him on a plate...time to take the regime out with a nice surgical strike!!!! There must be Intel on his whereabouts.

link   
Better late than never for some to read up on its history:
en.wikipedia.org - North Korea...
en.wikipedia.org - First Sino-Japanese War...
en.wikipedia.org - Russo-Japanese War...
en.wikipedia.org - Korean War...
edit on 28-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
If they did lob weapons of mass destruction at US bases wouldn't that mean the US would flatten them in a single shot?

How credible is this? Is there some way to get it from KJU himself? Does he have a website? LOL.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Well, we did throw more gasoline on that fire with the stealth bomber firing drills we just did.

What did they expect?

That's true, it's no coincidence that B2 bombers were used for the first time in Korea for training. Both sides are obviously baiting the other to start a war, I wonder who will be the first to make a move.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
*YAWN................*

~^*Deja-vu*^~

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
nothing will happen its all empty threats

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The North Korean leader and army marshal Kim Jong Un declared that “the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK would react to the US nuclear blackmail with a merciless nuclear attack, and war of aggression with an all-out war of justice,” according to KCNA.

I say we launch a preemptive strike on the son of a bitch.

Why wait?

If somebody walks up and threatens to punch you in the nose do you just stand there and wait? I wouldn't. I'd punch him first and then I'd kick him in the nuts.

edit on 28-3-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
If they did lob weapons of mass destruction at US bases wouldn't that mean the US would flatten them in a single shot?

How credible is this? Is there some way to get it from KJU himself? Does he have a website? LOL.

He just tweeted it.lol

twitter.com...
edit on 28-3-2013 by tekken55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
CNN have picked the story up too:

LINK

Rev

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ok. Now im worried. My fathers in Hawai on vacation right now. I know Un likes to say stupid stuff to see his chubby face on CNN. But he has gone to far. And yes, I agree to that the US should not provoke them by flying B2s over on bombing drills. Fuel to the fire. Can someone tell me that Hawai is out of there reach please.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tekken55

You can tell I have had a few scotchs I clicked on the twit feed and got about half way down until I realised it was a joke

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Yes, the invulnerable god-country, the US, will counter attack with a single photon torpedo, level the entire country, and then effortlessly phaser the thousands of incoming SL/ICBMs from China, then tracker beam the entire country into space.

All of you who think the US would easily be able to "flatten" an entire country without starting a global war are naive and/or foolish.

You can all be sure that China is going to back up NK if the US tries to do anything to them. NK is probably controlled BY china, and one thing the chinese are NOT, is stupid (as many of you think all nations are save the wonderous glorious god-country of the US).

Most North Koreans are starving peasants, and NK is right next to China. Any nuking would both obliterate whatever credibility the US has with the world ATM (which is almost nothing already), and also would immediately get China involved who despite the ATS armchair-generals and chest beaters assertions, would be a nightmare to behold in a fully engaged war.

Basically you would have a MAD situation.

The US is EXTREMELY limited in its options if NK nukes it, or SK. Any retaliation in NBC fashion would be "suicide" for the US, and any conventional invasion would be titanically bloody due to NKs subterranean fortifications, tunnel systems, raw military power (they are NOT a trivial little back water nation like Afghanistan), and pure hate for the West. It would basically be an un-winnable war.

What you all need to figure out, is that one nation being stronger than another on paper IS NOT IN ANY WAY a guarantee of flawless victory. That seems to be the major perception though, and it is dead wrong.

edit on 3/28/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: stuff

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

(CNN) -- North Korea's leader has signed off on a plan to prepare rockets to be on standby for firing at U.S. targets

A PLAN to PREPARE, is what I read. So this is more saber rattling after all?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join