It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies White House Down and Olympus has Fallen???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just went to IMDb and there's a trailer for a movie called White House Down. Here's the trailer.

They just had a movie with the same premise called Olympus Has Fallen. Here's the synopsis for the 2 films.

White House Down:

While on a tour of the White House with his young daughter, a Capitol policeman springs into action to save his child and protect the president from a heavily armed group of paramilitary invaders.

Olympus Has Fallen:

Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

Are they preparing us for the fall of America or is it just a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Both films look truly awful.

The typical gung-ho American propaganda rubbish.

It's getting even worse now that Hollywood is so lacking in ideas that they're releasing films with virtually identical storylines.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think there has always been movies around where bad guys try to attack countries.

Apparently people will always ask "are they trying to tell us something..?" even though ive yet to find a film were 'they' really were trying to "tell us something" in the first place.

Film are there to make money so 'they' tend to make films that will grab peoples interest. This will alwasy be closely tied to whats going on in the world at any one time.

edit on 28-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If any group of people armed with much more than sartorial wit enter the white house i'd be amazed as there should be loads of checks to ensure no one can do what they can do and it'll be thinking that they'd only show what the secret service thinks are no threats and are covered by the door guards at about 5 different levels

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is par for the course. One studio gets their hands on a property and the other studios scramble to put together scripts along the same lines. I would think they'd be embarrassed by this point.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You left out the upcoming G.I. Joe movie, in which Cobra takes over the White House, that they delayed to possibly coincide with these two movies.

I don't find this to be a coincidence, especially when there is enough evidence to support that our country will possibly collapse this year.

These are clear messages.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Read this about the CIA working with Hollywood since the 1950's....

Even though Hollywood has always been fond of spy thrillers, it didn’t really notice the CIA until the 60s, when agent Felix Leiter, played by Jack Lord, appeared in “Dr. No.” But the CIA has been working with Hollywood since the 1950s. Tricia Jenkins, the author of “The CIA in Hollywood,” says the CIA first started working with Hollywood to influence foreign audiences. “Their purpose was essentially to shape foreign policy or to win hearts and minds overseas during the cold war,” she says.

It appears that they have been brainwashing and influencing us through social media outputs for many years now.
www.theworld.org...
edit on 28-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

You left out the upcoming G.I. Joe movie, in which Cobra takes over the White House,

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. I recall seeing a trailer for it and it was noticeable to me for the fact that they open the boot of a car while speeding along and Bruce Willis is inside and opens up with a machine gun.

This trailer actually:

Three movies with similar storylines....it's getting a bit ridiculous.

The storyline for White House Down where it's the cop on a tour of the White House would have made a great Die Hard 5 rather than the tosh we got served up.
edit on 28/3/13 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
really dude ?

preparing us ?

ugh

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Every year around spring\summer the popcorn action movies come out.

Some years its a meteor going to hit us, sometimes its aliens this year it happens to be totally unrealistic scenarios like terrorists taking down the White House.

Good luck with that.

If you really think the annual films are the prep work for something that is going to happen then no one is going to change your mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Every year around spring\summer the popcorn action movies come out.

Some years its a meteor going to hit us, sometimes its aliens this year it happens to be totally unrealistic scenarios like terrorists taking down the White House.

Good luck with that.

If you really think the annual films are the prep work for something that is going to happen then no one is going to change your mind.

I agree x 10.

Just more Hollywood dreck.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Happened before will happen again.

Deep impact - Armageddon
Dante's inferno - Volcano.

No biggie take off the tin foil hat.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The corny thing is, who would buy into the premise that if the white house is taken over by terrorists that somehow the country belongs to them, or the country is now dead somehow? It would be easy to take over countries if that were the rule. Childish plot.

top topics

join