It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken O'Keefe in Tehran - 'Iran is not the threat, we are'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

The boogeyman never said Must be wiped off the map

In a reminder that Persian rhetoric is not always easy for English-speakers to interpret, a senior Israeli official has acknowledged that Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, never actually said that Israel “must be wiped off the map.”

Those words were attributed to Mr. Ahmadinejad in 2005, in English translations of his speech to a “World Without Zionism” conference that October. As my colleague Ethan Bronner reported the next year, one problem was translating a metaphorical turn of phrase in Persian that has no exact English equivalent — there was, for instance, no mention of a map — and there was a heated debate about whether the original statement was a threat or a prediction.

I googled it and look what I found.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yeah, according to the US...Iran is the threat:

Get real people. How much Kool-Aid can you really drink?

US Military Bases Around Iran in Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan

What makes the US the Global Police? Only their war mongering agenda because not one Nation has appointed them as such. And that includes more and more Americans.

Rome has always fallen.

Peace

edit on 29-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think that IDIOT THINKING is the threat.

The mental processes of Morons are dangerous at this level.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Which I don't disagree with to an extent but you other nations are just as bad.

Well, I don't know of any other country that carries out imperialist conquest of other nations. For decades at a time.

Iran hasn't started a war since......( too far to actually come up with a date)

So, if I'm going by who has been more aggressive and downright militaristic / pushing their own agenda globally..I'd have to put the US as the worse of the bunch.

That's just the good old truth.

As for Iran, well any theocracy is bad and the leadership in Iran are in need of a desperate removing/jailing, but that's not gonna come from us trying to 'export' democracy over there.

~Tenth

RIght now, i'm watching a documentary on the Yogis of Tibet.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Still good enough to use their oil even though more sanctions have just been implemented.. Imagine if another was caught doing this.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Iran hasn't started a war since......( too far to actually come up with a date)

You don't have to officially start a war to be a nation that has it's claws into other nations. Iran isn't sitting there minding it's own business. It's just as meddlesome as everyone else is. Every country that isn't a third world country has it's agenda being forwarded through covert and not so covert avenues. Every one. And Iran is no exception to that.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Israel have nukes we need to dismantle their terrorist regime too

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
I think that IDIOT THINKING is the threat.

The mental processes of Morons are dangerous at this level.

Then get yourself to a clinic, there is still time for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Iran is threatened alot more than it threatens. There is no indication that Iran is developing nuclear weapons outside of US government rhetoric. The only country theocratic Iran has gone to war with was Iraq, and the US has gone into war with Iraq twice since, and completely destroyed a country on the base of lies (Al Qaeda, WMDs). If the US has nuclear wapons, what argument does it have to prohibit another country from having them? The same goes in relation to North Korea. The US probably has more nuclear weapons than all the other countries of the world combined.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Iran is threatened alot more than it threatens. There is no indication that Iran is developing nuclear weapons outside of US government rhetoric. The only country theocratic Iran has gone to war with was Iraq, and the US has gone into war with Iraq twice since, and completely destroyed a country on the base of lies (Al Qaeda, WMDs). If the US has nuclear wapons, what argument does it have to prohibit another country from having them? The same goes in relation to North Korea. The US probably has more nuclear weapons than all the other countries of the world combined.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I do not believe either the US or Iran are the good guys. I suppose that the US is more of the hero if comparing the two countries, and if we were to go to war, simply because of the human rights abuses that take place in Iran, as well as the fact that they are openly involved militarily with NK, a nation who has all but declared war on the United States. But war with Iran would be somewhat difficult. An air war would not be that bad, but attempting to invade Iran would be hard.

They are one of the most strategically placed countries in the world. Mountains along the borders, and their position in relation to the Strait of Hormuz, etc. They could singlehandedly cut off the supply of oil to the US from the ME. They truly are a volatile country, in which the people are not really free in our sense of the word. But if that is the type of government they want, so be it. I think the US should steer clear of Iran, unless they do something to provoke, in which case American interests must be defended. But I do not think anyone would accept another Iraq with Iran. I mean they would seriously have to do something that threatened the US economically or militarily, or some allied nation. If they blockaded the strait and did not allow any oil out for instance, which probably would not happen without angering other countries as well, that would be grounds for threats, and possibly conflict.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Iran is not as invincible as you think.

The prophet Muhammand in the 7th century, had no fears of conquering Persia, if he wanted to, in response to Persia's meddling and slaughters of followers of Islam in Arabia.

But he sought to use rationality and logic to win over the LEADERS of the Persian People, with a history of rule over centuries. He knew that if he cannot convince the leaders, whom held ALL powers of state, he will be faced with strifes later on, as they are rich with hidden wealth and can create trouble anytime.

But Abu Bakr, one of his companions whom seized power even before the prophet's body turn cold, was an impetous young man, became the first Islamic Caliph and within a mere 3 years, he 'conquered' militarily Persia, disregarding the prophet - a divine messenger - efforts.

The persians easily converted as they found that zorastrianism isn't that much different with the aspects and beliefs of 'One God',

However, the persian nobles did not, for they could not forget the achievements of their persian forefathers, and sought ways to undermine Islam. Shiaism was a means to do so, to create the schisms in Islam, dividing int Sunnis, of which most original followers of the prophet was, and Shia sect.

History will repeat itself if a conquest is made upon Iran today. Iran can easily be conquered militarily. The masses will convert readily, but the bootlickers and leaders will NEVER.

The only way is to let the masses themselves make their own decisions, and decide on whom they should elect as leaders to represent Iran in our world we ALL mankind share to live in hopes for peace and prospertiy.

The current apostate Shia 'Supreme Dictator' may claim nukes are 'haram', forbidden, but in these days and age, mere hot air passing out from mouths means nothing except to his brainwashed and bootlickers. It is action, and the actions by him is most certainly lacking.

The UN sanctions had been in place, and will rachet up, not with the intentions to hurt the iranian citizens, but to let them know and find out WHY the world is not going to trade with Iran. No point in trading with someone who intends to dominate, threaten an even kill you, the consumer, not to mention the leader's terrorist links and meddling in other nations to seek for domination of Islam.

Nukes are a major concern of our world. Many already have nightmares over it even today with what we have. IF more grows as each nation wants some, mankind will no longer be able to sleep in peace at nights, nor live in peace when rogue leaders with nukes threatens the rest of humanity for concessions and inequitable demands.
edit on 30-3-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BrazilianAnarchist

I think Israel are the ones pushing for a clash, they are a paranoid bunch and have been caught lying about certain countries in the past which have now been turned into warzones.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Iran and N.Korea have been given the role of the bad guys and they play it well. Without those two bogus enemies the defense industries in the US and Russia would come to a halt and millions would lose their jobs.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

"what gives Israel the right to threaten Iran?"

Hezbollah.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ashkenxxx

Iran and North Korea play the role so well though, don't they? So lets play a short game, If you had to choose, which of these three countries would you prefer to live in?

A. Iran
B. America
C. North Korea

I am going to guess that unless you are a male, heterosexual with a keen sense of the party line, who dislikes any kind of personal freedom for others that you will choose neither A or C.

You see it's very easy to decry the actions of the US while I presume safely ensconced within the freedoms of expression that the US or at least those countries more or less aligned to it provide. But do you think that those who protested on the streets of Tehran in 2009 want you to defend the Iranian regime? How about the poor unfortunates in North Korea who are currently incarcerated for thought crimes and such.

Now don't get me wrong. I like living in the West with all its freedoms and wealth and I would like that to continue and that is why I do not want our armies jumping from one war to the next without end. It drains resources and degrades the wellbeing of the nation. North Korea are a joke and they know that more of their tanks will break down before combat takes place than will be destroyed by enemy fire. Also Iran even with the bomb is a poor threat to the West if we choose to contain rather than confront.

I wish the people of those two countries well in their fight to end their oppression.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.revolution.com...

This is a threat, well i say that because of this quote from the link,

We look for companies that are attacking large, traditional industries with innovative new products and services. Many existing industries are on the brink of disruptive change, driven by new technological possibilities and consumer psychographic trends. We aim to transform markets by shifting power to consumers, and in the process create massive value in our companies.

I don't think its evil; it’s just my feeling that it can be under the guise of business but in actual fact has an agenda of pure control. Or it could be for the better. Thats the problem of disguises
, they work!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rob7774
reply to post by DarknStormy

"what gives Israel the right to threaten Iran?"

Hezbollah.

What gives Hezbollah the right to threaten Israel?

Israel.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob7774

So you pick out a minority group who protested in Iran as your argument against oppression? You do understand that there are nearly 80 Million people in Iran? How many of them 80 Million do you think protested? Probably less than 1%. Very similar to Syria... Now lets talk about oppression because it sounds as though you don't do much research into the history of Iran..

Does 1953 ring a bell? Look it up and then see what occured over the next 26 years. Do you think Iranians forget about that part of their history? Oppression in Iran has been worse under a Western puppet than what they have today and you wonder why around those protesters, Iranians are burning American flags and pictures of US presidents..

Now obviously you don't know who Hezbollah either. Well yeah, they are likely a branch of Iran but there is more to this than simply calling them Terrorists. They are the frontline of the 12th Imam whether you believe it or not... And according to Islam, they don't lose. According to the Bible, they don't lose.. You think about that and then reflect on where your country is at right now in the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join