It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Orders Suprise Large-Scale Military Exercises In Black Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
In a surprise move, Vladimir Putin has ordered a large scale military exercise,
36 warships, an unspecified number of warplanes, and up to 7,000 personell
into the Black Sea. This is the second, in a space of two months.

President Vladimir Putin ordered the launch of large-scale military exercises in the Black Sea on Thursday, projecting Russian power towards Europe and the Middle East in a move that may vex its neighbors.www.reuters.com...

"These are large-scale unannounced test exercises," Peskov said, adding that 36 warships and an unspecified number of warplanes would take part. "The main goal is to check the readiness and cohesion of the various units."

He did not say how long the exercises would last.

www.reuters.com...

en.rian.ru...

Some conjecture that this may be in response to the Cyprus bank deposit tax,
though there is speculation that Russia retrieved money before the levy.
www.zerohedge.com...

Is this that "flexability" Putin was wanting last year?

edit on 28-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Don't skim 10% from the Russian Mafia....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Pretty much Putin's version of the "Aaarrr...aarrr....arrrr" of Tim "The Toolman" Taylor on old episodes of "Home Improvement". Wait until he starts beating his chest like a gorilla and jumping up and down!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Let's see.. Black sea...Black sea... Who is in the Black see to send messages to.. (taps chin with Carrot)

OH YEAH! Heya Turkey! How's your Russian language skill these days?

The bear is out of hibernation and seems a bit grumpy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hahaha How history repeats itself. I think Russia hasn't forgotten the past and is pretty pist at the EU ( Germany ).

Well we had occupy wallstreet, so why not Occupy Cyprus haha

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, its quite a show to make that statement, though I think you have
nailed it.

While ordinary Cypriots queued at ATM machines to withdraw a few hundred euros as credit card transactions stopped, other depositors used an array of techniques to access their money.

No one knows exactly how much money has left Cyprus' banks, or where it has gone. The two banks at the centre of the crisis - Cyprus Popular Bank, also known as Laiki, and Bank of Cyprus - have units in London which remained open throughout the week and placed no limits on withdrawals.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well in all fairness what the EU did was provocation, I think as a whole the EU is getting very arrogant. And that the Russians had enough of it.

Whatever comes of this it will either Oil or to disrupt the oversea trading.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The 4th reich need reminding what the Russians did to them in '45 they need their beard singeing

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was wondering that myself.
I just now found this, very interesting.

I was not up to speed on the Xi Putin summit.

A lot of people in the State Department, the White House, and the Pentagon have been squirming in their chairs this weekend, as persons responsible for U.S. policy toward Asia, toward Russia, and most importantly toward China, have listen to and read reports of the March 22 Xi Jinping-Vladimir Putin summit in Moscow.

What these persons—if they are intellectually honest—must have been thinking, if not daring to speak, is that what transpired between the leaders of China and Russia was a great setback, if not utter disaster, for U.S. interests. It was brutally plain evidence of the folly of the Obama/Clinton/Panetta “pivot to Asia.” It was evidence of the gross ineptitude of the Obama administration in what many—including former U.S. Assistance Secretary of State for Asian and Pacific Affairs Kurt M. Campbell, reputably the “father of the pivot”—have said is and must be the highest foreign policy priority of the United States: i.e., forging a cooperative and constructive relationship with China
forbes

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Dead link

Edit: If you type in an extra t at the end of the url in your browser it works

edit on 28-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I think Russia hasn't forgotten the past and is pretty pist at the EU ( Germany ).

Yes, from the looks of it. Russia and China together, a formidable force.

Fixed that link...a good read.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm no Axis & Alli know it all but I can't help myself.....

Russia is preparing.... Did anyone notice a Kraken on the loose in the black sea...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

This seems to be the most worrysome thing in the article which I had forgotten

What these references suggest is coordination and mutual support between Russia and China in international dispute resolution and particularly in the United Nations where both are permanent members of the U.N. Security Council with veto power.

And yes verry good read. The timing is intriguing to say the least.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

He does have a tendency to hang out with animals when he wants
to portray his "manliness".

My favorite is him gliding on that large eagle (photoshop).

Original photo of him gliding here: www.kp.ru...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yes, that is a good point about the U.N.

A few years back I remember when Medved spoke about the ties with China
being "sealed by blood" against common enemies. I thought at the time it was slightly
humorous...now maybe not so much.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here comes all of the anti-German sentiment. "Germany is getting too big for its breeches." Well, once again we have a situation where Germany has saved and worked hard to rebuild its economy, was forced into the Euro as part of its "being allowed" to reunify, and now they're refusing to let their hard-working citizens be stuck with the bill ONCE AGAIN for the rest of Europe. They're breaking up the Euro, sure----and you should thank them for it. You think this whole business of letting countries play fast and loose with their own monetary policy because the rest of the Euro nations will just bail them out later is a GOOD idea? Think again. Sovereign nations, sovereign currencies. You forced Germany into this. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Germany is ending this dumb game for all of us. Thank you, Germany.

Anti-German sentiment in the 20th century (including pre-WW1 and WW2)
edit on 28-3-2013 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

If you wanna start spraying nonsense look up your facts first. It was Europe who saved Germany, try looking up the marshal plan.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I dont think there is any anti Germany sentiment here, certainly not with me.
I dont think Germany is a saint when it comes to fiscal issues though, that is
rather complicated and indepth, probably deserving of its own thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

If you wanna start spraying nonsense look up your facts first. It was Europe who saved Germany, try looking up the marshal plan.

Try expanding your knowledge a little further than WW2 and just slightly after. There was a Germany before that, and there has been one (or a couple) since. Start here: Was Germany forced into the Euro? (Spiegel)

Burtheships: I was referring to stinka's post. "Fourth reich" and all that. Everyone (in the alt-media) is saying "Germany planned this" and "Germany is the reason Cyprus went under" and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification....somehow I missed that blame game
on Germany in the news. I was busy following all of the tactics from the IMF.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join