It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Red Alert: “Police Disarming Citizens BY FORCE in Connecticut NOW!" just FYI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Not my title no hits in the search results ... But I have to wonder what is going up in CT?

There are numerous threads on ATS about the government targeting vets. This seems to confirm the other threads out there about this very issue.

It is unreal to think that any person would need to see a shrink before they would agree to treat a individual for a back injury and to prescribe pain management medication. Vets out there better watch your "6"

ETA: This is a growing concern it could just be an isolated case or a litmus test to see if it causes public outcry. Is the guy "crazy" some may say yes. However look around... We are posting on a forum that talks about things most people would call "crazy" Does this mean we should all have our houses searched and any weapons found confiscated just for being a member on a website that most won't take 5 minutes to actually read a few threads? I am just saying once they can get away with calling people crazy with no diagnosis it all over but the crying....
edit on 28-3-2013 by SWCCFAN because: Thoughs

edit on 28-3-2013 by SWCCFAN because: edited title

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It would seem if you refuse to have a psychological evaluation you get placed on a list to prevent you from owning firearms.

Evidently he had an interesting voice mail greeting may have contributed to his issues.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Appears like a good idea to me, get the guns off people who are poorly in the head.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I know your only the messenger OP.
So for whoever came up with this BS
C'mon .......
The title?
WAY sensational, over probably nothing.

Maybe police disarming one crazy dude?
Sure. Citizens in general? No F'ing way.

The NRA put someone up to this.
This is how real problems start and they know it.
That's baiting. Instigating, insurrection, call it what you like.
I'll call it treason.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm all for owning and bearing arms. I'm not for a said person who has mental instability in owning them. It's such a tough debate I fear no one side will ever be the victor. As who is to say what Mentally stable is~

Though if this is true and happening now, I suspect someone will start firing soon

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It would seem if you refuse to have a psychological evaluation you get placed on a list to prevent you from owning firearms.

I admit I didn't sit through almost 45 minutes of video. Is this a new law? Is this proposed legislation in CT? Disarming and preventing a person from obtaining a pistol permit are two very different things? Are they truly disarming citizens? Where I live in fascist New York (madison county), you must sign a release authorizing the issuing department (sheriff's depart/judge) privy of your past psych background. The judge then makes a decision to issue the permit.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm not buying it either.

There would be twitter outrage, facebook outrage...

Way to freak out over NOTHING.

Go figure, someone making something bigger than it actually is. Get outside a little bit OP.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Its ok to Illegally search and take firearms because a person refused 'passively' to have an psychologically evaluation?

So suspicion is enough?

Wow just wow

This country is in deep trouble.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I get out quite often thank you for trolling

There was no outrage when I was detained in HI for 5 days and told by DHS I could not travel via air. I had good friends who got the word out. I contacted 2 US Senators and my US Representative and they still have no answers.

Enough about me ....

This guy could use some help... So don't be so selfish.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

What's the story? Is it just the one guy? Why did he not take the test? Random cops showed up and told him to take a psychological test out of the blue?

I don't have sound here, maybe a few clues of what transpired?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I don't know CT's laws but it appears that they have the power to do it under the guise of a "wellness check".

Either way it total bull Snip.

So much for "shall not be infringed"

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If you are not poorly in the head why refuse? maybe the cops know something about this dude eh? maybe they have good reason to ask him to take a test?.
BTW I agree nothing is really happening here.
edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm a bit unnerved by how cool everyone is with random psychiatric evaluations. Would you be ok taking a psych exam before buying a car? Or prescriptions? How bout food?

That's a clear violation of the 4th. No random search and seizure. (thanks for the observant folks who pointed it out)
edit on 28-3-2013 by Shadowcast because: Changed 5th to 4th

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast
I'm a bit unnerved by how cool everyone is with random psychiatric evaluations. Would you be ok taking a psych exam before buying a car? Or prescriptions? How bout food?

That's a clear violation of the 5th. No random search and seizure.

Isn't search & seizure the 4th amendment???????????

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Way to freak out over NOTHING.

Yawn. Go back to sleep darlin', its only the camel's nose, he won't try to get any further into the tent.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If you are not poorly in the head why refuse? maybe the cops know something about this dude eh? maybe they have good reason to ask him to take a test?.
BTW I agree nothing is really happening here.
edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

For my profession I had to under go annual "evaluations" if you don't answer all the questions the way "they" think are the correct answers you fail. Psychology is relativity new thus is still a grey area in science. That's what my professor said when I was taking the class last year. 50 years ago shrinks were still drilling holes in peoples heads to make them act "normal". Which by the way didn't work... While there is a lot that can be learned it is still just a pseudo-science in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I know I worked in a mental health ward, but I would rather test someone to make sure they are not bat# crazy If they have guns.
Like I said the dude must have given them reason to ask for a test, are the police going door to door asking everyone to take a test? no.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast

That's a clear violation of the 5th. No random search and seizure.

It could be made mandatory to under go a psychological evaluation possess a firearm if congress says so.

The 4th deals with search and seizure.

The 5th reads:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

It has an application here as well...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I know I worked in a mental health ward, but I would rather test someone to make sure they are not bat# crazy If they have guns.
Like I said the dude must have given them reason to ask for a test, are the police going door to door asking everyone to take a test? no.

You should really watch the video...

The guy is a disabled vet with back problems. The VA told him if he wanted treatment for his back issues he would need to see a Psychiatrist. That doesn't make much sense to me. Then again pain is all in your head....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

You're correct. Edited in op. context remains unchanged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join