It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may be flamed for this, but...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Guys...

I don't know about any of you, but I have just an overall horrible feeling about the direction of our world. Nothing you see or hear can be trusted. Everything about what is going on right now is to seperate us from each other by belief, ideology, ethnicity, religion, etc. It is all made to rob us of individual or critical thought.

This particular situation, regardless of who perpetrated it, is horrible. But you can damn sure bet that we do not know the truth of it.

I saw this video recently. I don't agree with all of it, but this guy absolutely nails the farce of journalism and truthful reporting. Kinda long, but very interesting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
www.haitiopen.com...
edit on 2-4-2013 by Javierdey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by gravitybender

I think the biggest problem you and many others here on ATS face has to do with your choice of news sources.

From the beginning, it was reported that the children killed in the massacre were between the ages of 6 & 9. Six & nine year old children are beyond their kindergarten years, so common sense would tell us that these were not kindergarteners. I also heard from the beginning that he had used an AR-15 to commit the bulk of the shootings in the school and that he then used one of the two handguns he had on his person to kill himself. Furthermore, I also heard that law enforcement had found a 12 gauge automatic shotgun in the "passenger compartment" of the car. Initial reports stated that the police put the shotgun into the trunk for safe keeping during the initial response/investigation. If my memory serves me right, I believe the shotgun was a Russian made model similar to this one;

Although, I seem to remember that the shotgun depicted in the beginning had a "drum" magazine as opposed to the "clip" style pictured above and yes, they are capable of holding 35 round magazines.

If you would quit listening to people like Alex Jones and/or Fox News you would discover that the original story is actually pretty damn consistent with these more recent news releases. IMO, the only people who can't see the truth are those who refuse to believe the truth.

Wrong and wrong.

No magazine was ever depicted accompanying the saiga 12 shotgun found in the TRUNK of the car and it was not "similar" to the one pictured. It was a "sporting model" NOT an "assault model" like the one in the pic.

Also, no manufacturer makes a 35 round magazine for the saiga 12 shotgun. A simple google search will prove this. Maybe you should get your facts strait before you share your opinions.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think the problem here is the media, independent of what these discrepancies may or may not tell you about the shooting.

We all have some area of expertise. I know nothing of weaponry, so I would never catch the discrepancies you pointed out. I do, however, know a lot about some other subject areas. Many times I see inaccurate information in news stories regarding those areas I specifically know about.

The conclusion I draw from this is that when I read the vast majority of stories that deal with things I am NOT well-versed in, I can only assume that there is a similar quantity of inaccuracy that goes right over my head, cause I wouldn't know either way.

So, be weary of the media as an omniscient force...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join