I may be flamed for this, but...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+33 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I guess I'll post my opinion, I really hate doing that since everyone on here flames others for speaking out and posting opinions. If it's not fact we all yell and scream, yet what is fact anymore? The main stream media? The internet?

I just got done reading this article: Newtown gunman spent more than 150 rounds, killed victims within 5 minutes

Before you jump ship - Yes it is FoxNews, but Fox is considered main stream so what I am about to question should be well documented after all it has been 3 months since this tragedy, we all know what happened there.

First discrepancy:

Danbury State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky says Adam Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six adults using a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle before taking his own life with a Glock 10-mm. handgun.

I thought it was Kindergartners, not First graders, are we still confused about this story after 3 months?

Second discrepancy:

A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds.

A 12 gauge was found in a Honda Civic glove compartment!! WOW that must be some small 12 gauge, but what's even weirder is he had shotgun magazines that could hold up to 35 rounds each!!! Is that the way you're reading it? Because clearly that's what this quote is saying.

Third discrepancy:

Prosecutors until now had made few details available, despite pressure to do so from the governor, who criticized leaks to the press and lawmakers who clamored for more details as they craft legislation on mental health and gun control.

This whole article spells out in clear detail what the main stream media is trying to do; they are clearly working against facts and piecing together crap that to any logical thinker would not make any sense, simply to push a gun control agenda.

It makes me sick that they use the tragedy of those poor children and the people who died trying to save them as a platform to take away rights, when clearly the facts of that day are locked away and the story they are portraying is STILL TO THIS DAY mixed with discrepancies.

Read the full article, every paragraph is written incorrectly with false information. Now they're saying the guns were his, not his mothers. They're saying he had a sick fascination with high capacity magazines (weird considering the push for gun control) and that he had his own gun safe!!

It's only my opinion, but clearly when we are faced with reading articles from the media that we hold to a high standard of truth and the great responsibility of reporting the news and we can't even get the facts, or a somewhat decent story.

What do you think? Am I over thinking it too much? Should I not worry about being told false information when I turn to the news to give me the facts?

edit on 28-3-2013 by gravitybender because: grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

I was thinking the same things as I read the article!

Good catch!

I would also like to add, that this is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of the LEFT/RIGHT paradigm, and how our media is designed to divide and conquer the sleeping masses who require their daily spoon feeding of government lies!

In this case, FOX news actually steps away from their division tactics to come up with a story full of lies to help their government masters further their attack on the 2nd.....

So there you have it, what more do we need to prove that the MSM are all nothing more than the propaganda arm of Big Brother??
edit on 28-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
BURN THE WITCH

how dare you disagree with your tv

your pointing out obvious flaws with the lie is a personal attack on the victims

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I thought the exact same thing when I read it. I was also under the impression that this was all done with handguns and the .223 was in the car as well. I would love to see them show pics of this shotgun fitting in his glove box along with the never before heard of 35 round shotgun clips. Did this kid have a folding Saiga that would take a clip and a modified glovebox with a secret compartment? I don't think I could fit 70 rounds of shotgun ammo itself in my glovebox.

This official report and release of info seems really inaccurate as far as having any knowledge of what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Atrocities that are then used to fuel an agenda are full of discrepencies. The MSM are the mouthpiece of these agendas and unfortunately people believe the crap that they're fed. The figures behind the agenda know this and are obviously not concerned by a few individuals who pick up on this and decide to question these discrepencies. It's far easier to call these people paranoid and nut jobs, to ridicule them and label them with terms such as 'Truthers' and the like.

If it doesn't fit the agenda, they will make it fit.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Gun tragedies are the invention of those looking to ban them from people who rightly deserve to own them. I'll leave the details of the conspiracy to all of you out there. But let me say, does anyone still believe what the news tells them, even when they know it's all made up ? Let me just say this...

MSNBC

I rest my case. Don't be so quick to believe any news agency just because they have news to tell.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Read the full article, every paragraph is written incorrectly with false information. Now they're saying the guns were his, not his mothers. They're saying he had a sick fascination with high capacity magazines (weird considering the push for gun control) and that he had his own gun safe!!

FoxNews.com doesn't exactly have writers that are the sharpest knives in the drawer, believe me. I just had to say that, because when comparing articles across the Media on the same story, Fox is usually filled with errors, both factually and grammatically.

That said, I try to read articles from every media outlet, and not just stick stick to the one that tells me what I want to hear, because there IS information and there ARE things to be learned from EVERY news source. Sometimes, though, one has to look a bit harder or read between the lines.

Now, I'm not so sure this article is purposefully presenting false information, I imagine it's some idiot writer who's not actually thinking about what he is writing, hence the "12 gauge shotgun found in the glove compartment."

Lazy journalism or did they actually get this info from the police? If the latter, then THAT is a huge problem in itself (and we know how police blatantly lie to the press, I've seen it first hand with intimate details on a case).

It's only my opinion, but clearly when we are faced with reading articles from the media that we hold to a high standard of truth and the great responsibility of reporting the news and we can't even get the facts, or a somewhat decent story.

Agreed.

This is why we read multiple sources and not stick solely to partisan publications and outlets.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just be ready for future reports where he used a .87 caliber missile rocket lazer beam, and was a returning Iraqi war vet!

Can't we just say that he was sick. He did a terrible thing. That it is okay to be sad, be frustrated, hell; be angry about this!

But there is no good damned reason to lie.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
OP, never shy away from voicing your opinion on a subject, especially on ATS. Just wear an asbestos suit and let it fly!

Yes, the whole story stinks to high heaven, and the secrecy surrounding it is totally unnecessary unless they are lying. All other high profile shootings until the Batman shooting in Aurora, CO, were an open book. Suddenly, it's all secrecy and confusing stories put out by the MSM. The lies are so outrageous, it's hard to understand how they could publish this stuff and not be ashamed of themselves.

However, the vast majority of people who read these news stories or hear them do not exercise their critical thinking skills. It's called drinking the Kool-Aid.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The document also lists a check for a C183 which they notate is a firearm on the actual document. I can't find any firearm relating to a C183 at all....I can find a kodak camera with that exact designation though.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just went through the released docs and nowhere in the actual docs does it say where the shotgun was found. It does specifically state it was a Saiga and had 2 magazines with 70 rounds between them....I have never seen a 35 round magazine and would be very hard pressed to believe that this kid could carry such a configuration. It also states that he had multiple handguns and a .223 on him when they found him. I could swear all the first released pics had the SWAT teams looking at 2 long guns in the truck of his car....am I incorrect in that?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The boy just keeps getting badder and badder doesn't he. The news this morning pilled guns in his room he planed very well and wore a bullet proof vest, along with the huge paper of murders and their victims that took so long to come to light.

Also his photo is corrupted more and more as are all the photos to do with this type of crime, never a real photo of the person as they really looked.

It is very odd in the first place for a boy with Asperger's to go outside their comfort zone. Habit and repetition is their friend.

I think we all have known someone with this disease it is so common now, and this is not the way they work.

"Aggression and violence in the ASD population is reactive, not preplanned and deliberate," he said.

www.cnn.com...

Also from webMD
www.webmd.com...

What’s so unusual about this individual, if indeed he has Asperger’s, is the use of weapons. There are a few cases of people with high-functioning autism who have committed violent crimes using weapons, but it’s a very small number of people,” he says.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
OP, never shy away from voicing your opinion on a subject, especially on ATS. Just wear an asbestos suit and let it fly!

Yes, the whole story stinks to high heaven, and the secrecy surrounding it is totally unnecessary unless they are lying. All other high profile shootings until the Batman shooting in Aurora, CO, were an open book. Suddenly, it's all secrecy and confusing stories put out by the MSM. The lies are so outrageous, it's hard to understand how they could publish this stuff and not be ashamed of themselves.

However, the vast majority of people who read these news stories or hear them do not exercise their critical thinking skills. It's called drinking the Kool-Aid.

You either drink yourself or someone will take care of you.
All of us voicing our opinions should realize we are marked and it may not be as save to voice our thoughts as we believe.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am waiting for the news reports saying that he had hundreds of kitten and puppy corpses in his garden, he had a flamethrower in the trunk, but he was a good Christian boy and he was always so nice...

There is that smell again... bog of eternal stench... smells like the media...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
SNF OP. Beyond the glaring inconsistencies, the thrust of the "message" now seems to be the 30 round magazines and the amount of bullets fired. Just in time for the gun debate that still goes on...

Interesting how anyone who's questioned the official story is treated. What is going on? And it's here too.

Here are a few questions from a great article that summarizes the issue of "conspiracy theorists" and how they are being treated by the media - slandered imo...

The main thrust of John Milton’s Areopagetica is that in a fair exchange an argument based on the truth will triumph over lies and deception. Do you think that the major media’s use of terms such as “truther” or “conspiracy theorist” to designate individuals or groups with ideas and theories that differ from government and/or corporate entities is a productive part of the journey toward truth and enlightenment Milton envisioned?

What characterizes a conspiracy theory? How can we distinguish between a conspiracy theory and a valid assessment of a specific phenomenon, issue, or event?

The official theory of what transpired at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012 involves 20-year-old Adam Lanza going on a murderous rampage that resulted in the deaths of 20 children and 7 adults. Major media outlets appear to have unquestioningly gone forward with this scenario. In your estimation, have law enforcement and medical authorities produced evidence sufficient to support this theory of events?

www.globalresearch.ca... 5328743
edit on 28-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitybender
What do you think? Am I over thinking it too much? Should I not worry about being told false information when I turn to the news to give me the facts?

edit on 28-3-2013 by gravitybender because: grammar

I don't think you should be turning on the news to give you the facts.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I dunno, just thought I'd try it.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
[Joke]

When asked how the shooter had transported a .12 gauge shotgun in the glove compartment of his car, authorities responded that "He was very clever"
[/joke]

As I've said before, the main stream media should not be viewed by anyone, ever.
Good job bringing this to our attention.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Any "news source" regardless of what news source it may be that screws something up to that extent should have any and all privileges revoked and never be allowed to "report" on any form of "news" ever again.

In my own mind/opinion, seeing it's faux news verifies already that it's false without even having to read it, but all, every single one of them, mainstream news sources are guilty to some extent. It's disgusting and intolerable for them to do things like this.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join