It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA agent 'plays around' with pepper spray, shoots other screeners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

TSA agent 'plays around' with pepper spray, shoots other screeners

now.msn.com

An accident-prone agent proved you can't spell "caustic liquid" without "T-S-A" on Tuesday afternoon at JFK Airport in New York. Chris Yves Dabel found a canister of pepper spray on the floor in Terminal 2 and, according to other agents, believed it was a laser pointer. "[Dabel and other agents] were playing around with it," an airport official said. Dabel eventually figured out how to aim the aerosol can and accidentally shot five TSA agents with pepper spray, an idiotic incident that sent all of them to the hospital. The fact that Dabel could've given his co-workers (or outbound pass
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I did a search, didn't see anything on this story , which surprised me.

Let's just say that I (a typical traveler) am at the airport, and I accidentally spray a group of TSA agents with pepper spray, what do you think would happen to me?

I am thinking that I would be arrested. I wonder if this goofy agent will keep his job?

now.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The people in charge of keeping airlines safe to fly by searching for weapons are dumb enough to mistake pepper spray for a laser pointer?? Wow, they hire just anyone for tsa or what?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

It certainly looks that way.
Just imagine if you did the same thing by accident. I think they would charge you with assault at least.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I hate TSA, I was wearing a "dont tread on me" T-shirt at the airport. Went into the checkpoint line, They picked me out of line to have an enhanced pat down. The TSA guys then says, “this may be uncomfortable for you.” Then touches my junk.

I felt ashamed to wear that shirt when that was happening to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

These TSA people are something else!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan101
reply to post by butcherguy

These TSA people are something else!

I have only dealt with them a couple of times, and that was well more than enough.

They didn't seem to have much rhyme or reason to what they were doing. You would think that they would be uniform with they way they handled things and I didn't see evidence of that. People were asking them questions and they didn't have answers or they were afraid to give an answer.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
These are the fine people in charge of our " security", it makes me all warm and fuzzy

Dabel eventually figured out how to aim the aerosol can

Eh, isn't that" talent" required on the job, since they are not armed?? He must have graduated last in his TSA class.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
well its probably a good thing they didnt find a gun . or maybe its a shame that they didnt find a gun.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What happens when the good idea fairy is subjugated by federal funding?

You get the really good plan to have a federal security force at airports hacked to pieces by shoddy budgeting and lowest bidder sub contracts with private security firms.

I honestly dont hold that TSA agent at fault for lack of training. I hold the Contractor required to train that agent at fault for it. Probably saved their executives a nice bonus by cutting funding for non lethal weapons recognition training. Im willing to bet some federal regulation REQUIRES such training, but will the contractor be held responsible....doubt it.

And while that exec. plans his next trip to Jamaica, our security is left wanting, all to save a buck.

new topics

top topics

join