It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama moves to 'shame' Congress into approving gun control package

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

And the girlfriend bought those weapons used at Columbine, oh and "assualt weapons" ie AR's weren't used at Columbine either.,

Oh and the AWB was in full effect did not stop Columbine.

NEXT!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

There were 2 armed guards at Columbine.

Next....

AND GUESS WHAT YOU LEFT OUT??????

They were outside eating lunch in their car!

Next......
edit on 29-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Gardner, seeing Harris working with his gun, leaned over the top of the car and fired four shots. He was 60 yards from the gunman. Harris spun hard to the right and Gardner momentarily thought he had hit him. Seconds later, Harris began shooting again at the deputy.

The SRO exchange gunfire with Eric Harris allowing injured student Brian Anderson to crawl away.(I think the Feinstein Wives spoke about saving one life..etc.)

After the exchange of gunfire, Harris ran back into the building. Gardner was able to get on the police radio and called for assistance from other Sheriff’s units. "Shots in the building. I need someone in the south lot with me."

The second officer was Deputy Paul Smoker, a motorcycle patrolman who was near the school writing a speeding ticket. When he heard a dispatch of a woman injured at the high school, he responded.

1) The guard at the Columbine High School attack did delay and that allowed many students to escape out of the building.

2) The guard was only able to delay the killers for a while because they had homemade grenades. The guard was hiding around a corner in a hallway, but when the two killers started lobbing their grenades down the hallway his position became untenable. Despite the claims to the contrary, it wasn't the "assault weapons" that were important in making it so that the guard had to back down.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
There is only one thing that could have stopped Lanza and that is an armed guard.

Next....

Yeah, it is just too bad they were not in the building huh? When they did find their way back in they saved many many lives..

Next....
edit on 29-3-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
There is only one thing that could have stopped Lanza and that is an armed guard.

Next....

next what?

He said "COULD stop" not "WOULD stop"

You offer nothing, if they were doing their job they WOULD have stopped it, since they weren't they only COULD

why dont YOU offer something that WOULD or even COULD stop it?
edit on 29-3-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

anyone familiar with his posting history already knows what he thinks would stop it... guns being banned. he's one of those anti-gun types..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

why dont YOU offer something that WOULD or even COULD stop it?

It’s already been explained that the deputy’s actions did prevent more lives from being lost. There is no perfect outcome in a situation like that; there will always be casualties in war. One thing is certain…a disarmed person is less likely to stop a crazed gunman than an armed person.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
Do you want an idiot living next door to you and your family, who owns an AK47 because it makes him feel good caressing it. While he quietly thinks to himself "I could take the whole street out if i wanted to" Or would you much rather have him licenced as a fit and proper person to own such a weapon?... At present a mentally deranged psychopathic person can go in to a gun shop and buy enough artillery to start a war. The good ole boy at the gunshop cant determine his fitness, cus he wants the doe. But i think mabey a group of people at city hall could weed them out in an interview.
When you think about it a place with the civillian population as heavily armed as America would certainly make an invading army think twice., it must be unprecedented.

The second amendment was installed for 1 reason and that is to empower the people against a potential rogue government. If the government does not fear the peoples opinion they will also not care about it. There is already enough of that going on thanks to pile of laws that were installed "for our protection" most notably after 9/11 (patriot act I, Patriot act.II, TSA, Homeland security, camera's) slowly eating into our freedom more and more every day.

Give up on the second amendment and that psycho down the street will be replaced by a psycho government. We can gun down a psycho on the streets but how do we gun down our government without the peoples guns when the gov. has taken them away?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Obama has a 4 5/8 sized apple head and its time we no longer take him seriously. He doesn't have the support of the people, he's only in office due to a doctored and covered up past and he's an out and out flunky stooge of those who want to tear America down and rebuild it to suit their whims.
In the land of imbeciles, the moron is King. All hail King Obama!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by anonentity
Do you want an idiot living next door to you and your family, who owns an AK47 because it makes him feel good caressing it. While he quietly thinks to himself "I could take the whole street out if i wanted to" Or would you much rather have him licenced as a fit and proper person to own such a weapon?... At present a mentally deranged psychopathic person can go in to a gun shop and buy enough artillery to start a war. The good ole boy at the gunshop cant determine his fitness, cus he wants the doe. But i think mabey a group of people at city hall could weed them out in an interview.
When you think about it a place with the civillian population as heavily armed as America would certainly make an invading army think twice., it must be unprecedented.

The second amendment was installed for 1 reason and that is to empower the people against a potential rogue government. If the government does not fear the peoples opinion they will also not care about it. There is already enough of that going on thanks to pile of laws that were installed "for our protection" most notably after 9/11 (patriot act I, Patriot act.II, TSA, Homeland security, camera's) slowly eating into our freedom more and more every day.

Give up on the second amendment and that psycho down the street will be replaced by a psycho government. We can gun down a psycho on the streets but how do we gun down our government without the peoples guns when the gov. has taken them away?

We should all put this bumper sticker on our cars/trucks.

Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
so Obama controls a military that kills kids, has armed security, and lectures others on guns

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The dark comedic irony of Officer Gardner being assigned to patrol Columbine High School is that Gardner won the duty because he was considered the 'worst' shot on the force.

Apparently no one thought it would be important for Gardner to have the skill of accuracy while watching over a bunch of school kids.

Anyway, Gardner spraying the general area did distract one of the shooters enough to allow students to escape.

Which is also an argument for large capacity magazines.....Gardner couldn't hit a cow in the arse with a shovel, but he did upset the wind velocity around the shooter.;

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

"Already, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid dropped from the main package a proposal to renew and expand the expired assault weapons ban.

The base bill will instead cover universal background checks, strengthened punishments for illegal trafficking and more money for school security.

Items like school security enjoy broad support. But the move to include private sales -- including gun show purchases -- in the background check system remains controversial in some circles. Plus the assault weapons ban, which Republicans most adamantly oppose, is still expected to get a vote as an amendment to the main bill."

What does the last sentence mean? I am confused a bit. I thought the AWB was dropped? An amendment to the main bill? Maybe I am going crazy or I don't understand government enough....

edit on 31/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I totally agree, he is a vicious tyrant willing to do anything in his power to further his agenda.

If you could like and help spread the word of this new facebook page aiming to awaken the people to what's going on right in front of their eyes I would be very great full.

Its our duty to awaken the masses!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join