learn more

Tell me about Magick.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by engineer418

Magick; is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.

Thats a pretty simple definition of it. When it comes down to it though theres a different definition which when you get deeper into alchemy or magick or whatever you call it that is available for those that discover its truth.

So why instead of providing a simple example or definition of what it means or could mean, why would you not suggest an internal approach in where the initiate will or would define what it is themselves?

Thats the whole point.... don't define what magick is for this individual show him the path to defining it for himself.

Thats the point.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

Originally posted by Skada
So, you could say that magick works, and it doesn't work based on your belief system. No matter what you choose, you will be right.

I've been starring your posts in this thread, but I have to disagree with you there.

First of all I want to say there is not such thing as belief, only your belief system, your paradigms and archetypes. Magic manifestations conform to these personal systems exclusively. You can't choose to believe something, it's a system that's assembled over time.

It's why religious people dream of or experience paranormal things that conform to their systems. Manifestations always conform to your personal system, no matter how bizarre it may be. It's why you hear of people who keep repeating the same patterns in relations ships, dating the same types of people which always ends the same way.

I think that's the problem science has catching up to magic. Science is used to working where systems are a constant, not where the system is a variable.

We choose all the time, based on our beliefs. What we don't do too often is examine to see if those beliefs really serve our best interest or are self-defeating. So, in essence, what ever we believe, we will be right. Also, to add: we always go closer to the perception of pleasure and away from the perception of pain.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

So to anyone who practices Magick, can I ask you a more specific question?

What can it achieve? What do you feel you have you achieved using it? For example, have you - made someone fall in love with you, altered the weather, combated illness?

I just need some concrete examples.

Best not to go against free will with out Karma coming to knock on your door with a bill. Some have been able to dissipate or converge and grow clouds. A few times I have called the rain, or allowed it to rain a bit more so then it should have. Illness and health, well, for me, I believe and expect that I will heal quickly, and I do. Now, I don't know if that is a form of "Magick", but it certainly is a belief that works for me.

I think in the grand scheme of things, "Magick" is energy manipulation. Focusing intelligent energy (will) and putting energy into bringing about the desired result. You still have to maintain the same vibration as when you made the request/undertook the working so you are still putting out that vibration to bring in that which you desire.

A few people on here mentioned "Knowing thyself". What they are not saying is that you are not to get to know this biosuit that you are experiencing this reality. They are saying to get to know what your soul feels like, it's particular vibration, it's "name". Because at that level, there are no names, just different vibrations and chords of the same song. So, get to know your true self (the soul) through meditation, and at that level then you can manifest easier.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Can any of those magically produce a beer for my pal network?
Can we reach a compromise? Sweet Tea Vodka???

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Can we reach a compromise? Sweet Tea Vodka???

Do you think network can handle big boy tea? Maybe we should put it in a sippycup to start.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Magick; is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.

Thats a pretty simple definition of it. When it comes down to it though theres a different definition which when you get deeper into alchemy or magick or whatever you call it that is available for those that discover its truth.

Not really, the definition remains pretty much the same at all levels, the nature and quantity of detail may change somewhat, but, the definition remains the same regadless of the actual technique, or belief system. As for the details, they change from operation to operation, desire to desire, need to need; there is no way to address that in a general forum.

So why instead of providing a simple example or definition of what it means or could mean, why would you not suggest an internal approach in where the initiate will or would define what it is themselves?

Thats the whole point.... don't define what magick is for this individual show him the path to defining it for himself.

Thats the point.

"So why ..."? Quite simply because he is not an Initiate.
edit on 29-3-2013 by engineer418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

"So why ..."? Quite simply because he is not an Initiate.

Ok, i concede my points. I agree with you 100%.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

LOL! We can only hope...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Does owning and smoking a hookah generate bad energy and black magic...
I askbecause Beelzebub appears when I smoke. He keeps asking for tu-fitty.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Is it not "magic" to secretly hold a meeting about God and put a doorman armed with a sword to fend off people u call cowans from walking in to learn the hoodwink.
Is it not magic?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
Is it not "magic" to secretly hold a meeting about God and put a doorman armed with a sword to fend off people u call cowans from walking in to learn the hoodwink.
Is it not magic?

First off, "magick" or "magic", whatever you call it, doesn't exist...its a new age occult invention. But anyways, no that would not be magic, even if you believed. Besides, I don't know of anyone who does that. We masons certainly don't secretly hold meetings - the time of the biweekly meeting is posted on our building. Its true only masons are allowed inside the meeting, but board members are only allowed into the board of directors meetings of businesses - are those secret? The building is clearly marked as a masonic lodge. And we certainly don't hold meetings about God anymore than a high school graduation is about god because it has a benediction. So who is it your talking about, exactly? Because its not masons.
edit on 30-3-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thelongjourney

TY... I thought I was talking about Masons. But I now think I'm talking about the people responsible for hoodwink. And also those people who use guards with swords.
It sounds like magic to me...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

If you read any of the books on magick by Crowley you'll see that Voodoo fits in line with the believes of magick and manifesting the reality you desire. In that case you simply desire bad things for other people, and are focusing your energy to create that with help of the doll. Fits in line perfectly.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What I have found is that to get verifiable proof that magick works you need to do it yourself. If you try to do it yourself and you really truly don't believe, you will not get what you seek.

Define magick:

“Magic is the Science and Art of causing change to occur in conformity with Will” - Mr. Crowley

“Magick is the science and art of causing change (in consciousness) to occur in conformity with will, using means not currently understood by traditional western science.” - Donald Michael Kraig

“Magic is the science and art of using states of altered consciousness for causing changes to occur in conformity with will.” - Frater U:. D:.

“It’s All In Your Head … You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is” - Lon Milo DuQuette

“Magick is the science and art of diverting your conscious mind long enough to program a wish or desire into your subconscious mind.” - Frater Ajaashb

When you are a material fundamentalist and you want to know more, I would suggest looking into chaos magic first. It seems to strip out the ceremonial stuff and leave you with the basics. Also check out “Practical Sigil Magic: Creating Personal Symbols for Success” by Frater U.
.:

“Feast on its visions and beware of and take seriously its demons, for they are your own.” – Cris Monnastre

Have fun!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
Depends on who you ask. But a lot of people from those disciplines that practice "magick," use this spelling to segregate it from the illusionary stage magic tricks.

For them, the end result of the working is the focus, not the getting there. It is a form of manifestation using ritualistic "tools" to focus energy and bring it into your reality (or pull you to the reality where the end result has a higher probability of happening). For those that use magick, they will tell you that it absolutely works, but it isn't like making a wish to a genie, it will take some time for the magick to complete and the end result to occur.

So, you could say that magick works, and it doesn't work based on your belief system. No matter what you choose, you will be right.

What Crowley has called "Magick" is what was known for thousands of years as withcraft, shamanism, sorcery, voodoo and alchemy. Those are all old traditions that resemble each other, but that Crowley has tried to put his personal copyright on...

Go read, if you haven't, on the Renaissance-era Hermetic alchemists. Like Paracelse and John Dee. The most advanced science on the invisible world, pre-Industrial era. I can't account for the stuff advertised as magick or the withcraft since the dawn of the industrial age, as conceptions of it have been somewhat broiled up by gurus and con men. There are still witches and wizards that are for real, absolutely, but you gotta look into it with precaution, separate all the fancy, misguiding literature with the knowledge that can really serve you.

Look for the shamans and voodoo. They are still for real.
edit on 30/3/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

OP, i'm going to give my answer before reading through the thread, so as not to be tainted by what others may have to say, but then i'm definitely giving it a full read-thru to check out other perspectives.

I do not consider myself to be a "practitioner" of anything in particular, and in fact, don't often "actively" practice the "magick" as I know it (though at times I do.) in day-to-day life, there is a degree to which I have incorporated into my 'normalcy', and when I think about it, I can clearly see its effects. That (loosely and generally) said, here is the basics of my understanding of "magick" (i'll not put it in quotes from here out for ease of phone typing.)

Regardless of the system employed (Wicca, Kabbala, Christian Mysticism, Zen, Voodoo, Chaos Magick, Satanism, meditation, shamanism, etc., etc), I believe they all function on the same principle - simply put (because I'm no physicist, though I wish I would have gone that route instead of MBA lol), Quantum Mechanics. Magick is using some system or process to get the mind in a state to access, or tune in with, or possibly affect our "reality" through quantum mechanics. Practitioners of any of these would, in most cases, not say that, but IMO, magick is simply science, but a much stranger science than we are generally used to. Harder to measure, harder to detect, at least with current technology, and the "manipulation" of such is not as obvious as, say chemistry or biology.

Through mystical processes, we can affect, or at least influence possibilities. In other cases, "tune in" to those possibilities and probabilities to "read the future" so-to-speak. Quantum science actually backs this up, and while it does not yet say: do this, do that, and this will happen, the framework is there, and all types of mystical processes fit the mold for how science would describe affecting reality through quantum mechanics, if any were to be so bold as to make the claim.

I know this is vague, but it boils down to, for me: every form of magick/mysticism = quantum mechanics with a filter the human mind can interact through.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So I would be very interested in hearing interpretations of what Magick is, and what you might be able to gain by using it.

Well it's kinda hard to explain what exactly it is. Magic is the universe's energy people that can harness it, use it to improve their lives...some use it for evil but then it will come at a cost and make your life worse. I'm not an expert in it but alot of my family members were witches, most of them are dead now.

Alot of people think it's evil and devil worshipping but witches don't believe in the devil...you can even be a christian-witch...
edit on 30-3-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Oolon

What I have found is that to get verifiable proof that magick works you need to do it yourself. If you try to do it yourself and you really truly don't believe, you will not get what you seek.

You are right, but i wouldnt say its a good idea to just start believing in it. You have to really get your # strait excuse my language here before you start jumping into it. It could really destroy your life.

You start making choices and understanding your choices, you start analyzing your subconscious mind without the keys to understanding it. You start trying things, you start manipulating things, you start realizing your power. You should try and find a group of people already involved and get with them and learn about it from them. Not on the internet either in life.

edit on 30-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Magik has never been verified, just like the teapots that are in orbit around our earth.

It is a mental trap for deluded people who seek power. I hope you'll notice network.. that your brothers come here and mock something their religious texts state as a reality and an everyday occurrence in biblical history.

Pardon me for identifying it as a coping mechanism.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
I hope you'll notice network.. that your brothers come here and mock something their religious texts state as a reality and an everyday occurrence in biblical history.

What does that sentence even mean?

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join