Tell me about Magick.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Rofl I totally missed that and yes I am a Python fan, I'm just lost in thought on how to help facilitate what our OP is asking for~

I know, I suck at this topic. (hence the whole idea
)
Again, thanks for the patience.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

In studying history there is the mention of alchemy. It starts out as mixing chemicals to change the properties of minerals or solids. Then it evolves into a much more philosophical aspect that becomes murky to the average person. I don't know if that is the base of what I am asking, or if it's not even close.

It's right on the money as far as I am concerned, Alchemy is the only stuff I am interested in any more. Yes, there is a middle-of-the-road theory on Alchemy that considers that the lab work brings the mind in to alignment with the qualities necessary for growth, whatever that means to each person, I suppose.

Alchemy is a nice place, and it brings essentially all of western literature, folklore and mythology in to alignment so that it can appreciated systematically. It's the best for those that like to read and read and maybe even buy some glassware.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ok now let me address the Praying Magic. In essence Praying for the masses is the basic form of Magic.

I.E~ A mass congregation whether speaking aloud w/ the Prayerer or Internally they are participating and actively giving what would be termed as Energy to that prayer.

Now where it get's weird and I'd have to source it but don't have the time for it as I have a meeting to bail out for shortly. Its said that Praying when done at dinnertime to bless the food actually positively charges the food for the better / kinda like making it more nutrious and has more sustenance.

To the same effects the Laying on of Hands and Blessing someone who is sick to become better, and i'm sure you can find a lot of propaganda and religious nuts that would love to chim in Hoax or not, not every case of laying on of hands can be debunked.

Maybe this helped, maybe it didnt'~

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I can see meditation as a way to focus yourself on a particular thing or idea. Maybe that is the direction of what I am asking. But I see that as just relaxing and trying to better clear your mind.
It's just not a technique I use.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
So, you could say that magick works, and it doesn't work based on your belief system. No matter what you choose, you will be right.

I've been starring your posts in this thread, but I have to disagree with you there.

First of all I want to say there is not such thing as belief, only your belief system, your paradigms and archetypes. Magic manifestations conform to these personal systems exclusively. You can't choose to believe something, it's a system that's assembled over time.

It's why religious people dream of or experience paranormal things that conform to their systems. Manifestations always conform to your personal system, no matter how bizarre it may be. It's why you hear of people who keep repeating the same patterns in relations ships, dating the same types of people which always ends the same way.

I think that's the problem science has catching up to magic. Science is used to working where systems are a constant, not where the system is a variable.

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by kwakakev

I can see meditation as a way to focus yourself on a particular thing or idea. Maybe that is the direction of what I am asking. But I see that as just relaxing and trying to better clear your mind.
It's just not a technique I use.

The whole point of meditation is to focus on one thing, and hold that focus there. THose are your two main skills. To change your point of view, then be able to hold it in it's new position.

I'd recommend occultcorpus.com... for anyone interested in occult studies. Good people from a variety of backgrounds who would be happy to answer your questions.
edit on 28-3-2013 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-3-2013 by The Cusp because: added link

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I see praying as speaking to God. I don't expect him to stop what he's doing and start taking notes on all the things I would like to have, but I pray anyway. More to give thanks to him, and sometimes to ask for direction. I always get a direction when I pray about it, but weather it was God's answer, or just nature taking it's normal path, I don't know. That's where faith comes in. On occasion, I got answers that seemed a bit too perfect for the situation to just brush off as coincidence.

Re-reading what I posted, it's amazingly hypocritical in regards to not believing in magic I suppose, but maybe there isn't a separation of the two like I think there is.

I may be getting closer to asking a coherent question.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Bybyots

I feel like I won a small victory! I managed to explain myself to at least one person here today.

In studying history there is the mention of alchemy. It starts out as mixing chemicals to change the properties of minerals or solids. Then it evolves into a much more philosophical aspect that becomes murky to the average person. I don't know if that is the base of what I am asking, or if it's not even close.

These are the kind of things the Google just cannot explain easily.
I honestly don't know what to put in that box with the blinking cursor.

There is a very good talk by Terence McKenna on alchemy and lots of magic(k) information. If you've got the time he's got the spine. To share this data with you, that is, and this is one to listen to twice, at least:.

Oh, and that trickster egotistical arch-criminal Crowley could also be seen as the genius of his age, someone who purposely stretched the envelope of societal acceptance of satiric play. He loved, played, and more importantly, sought data via reading, experiencing, research, and personal experimentation, and then shared it with his closest friends and others who bothered to listen in. Not a bad fellow, considering the gains to humanity by having him around.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for that. I will have to break that one up in a few shifts. I will let you know if I can swim in the deep end after I check it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Hey,

I'll share one of my favorite things with you, I find it to be one of the most 'magical' things ever, and after doing a lot of 'catch and release', I kept this one. I do it twice a day for 20 when I am able to pull it off, and I use a 'rosary'.

Anyhow, just between dudes looking for good stuff...

The Prayer of The Heart

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I will let you know if I can swim in the deep end after I check it out.

Remember, there is no lifeguard on duty and you forgot your swimmies.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

McKenna's lectures on Alchemy are priceless treasures, and A.C. is in my top 3 or 4 writers of all time, he is a continual source of fascination for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hey Net Dude

From my perspective, NATURE and SUPER-NATURE (i.e. PHYSICS & META-PHYSICS) are part of the same phenomnenon - i.e. reality. That is, they are two sides of the same coin - and mankind has only begun to scratch the surface of what is 'out there' / and 'right here' / and 'possible'.

Yesterday's Magick & Superstition & 'Science Fiction' is to-day's Science Fact (think of trying to explain what a Television is and how it works to someone living say 2000 years ago in Palestine !)

As man evolves, the NATURE / SCIENCE (i.e. the known) part will grow exponentially and the SUPER-NATURE part will shrink over time - but there are some things that man might never really understand fully...

It's called The Sweet Mystery of Life ! Otherwise we'd all probably be bored to tears...!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hey I was wondering,

Why you no join research lodge?

Also, member, KSigMason has written some of the better, saner stuff on the web concerning changing one's life through understanding the symbols of the degrees. I don't think it should probably ever be more complicated than that and you are on that road anyhow.

Plus, If we are anything alike, you aren't going to find what you are looking for at AMORC. But who knows?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Plus, If we are anything alike...

Do you like candlelit dinners, long walks in the park and puppies?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Magick is the art of inducing change in conformity with the will. This can be interpreted and used in a number of different ways.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Do you like candlelit dinners,

Yes...

long walks in the park...

Yes...

and puppies?

Yes...

What did you have in mind?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

This is how "Those" Movies start off.... I'm excited to see where this goes... Proceed~

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This is how "Those" Movies start off

Yeah, if Kubrick did them.

2nd.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thanks for that. I will have to break that one up in a few shifts. I will let you know if I can swim in the deep end after I check it out.

You're very welcome. And since I posted the lecture I've been listening to it, it's been a few years. As I remember it just gets better and better as the minutes and hours go on. So thank you for the inspiration to dig that one out of cyberspace and get myself a hit of "McKenna information" again.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As a mason then you are already introduced into the power of ritual and magick. They and forgive me here im not trying to be derogatory, mostly do not know what they are doing.

The power of freemasonry is amazing. The ritual you use is powerful. You should really initiate yourself into a magical practice. Start with journeying it will help you understand yourself better. It gets deep and sometimes its scary if you havent built a base for yourself. You really get a cold hard look at the world and it may throw you off for a while.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join