It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krazy Kops in Kanada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You see a lot more of this south of the 49th but it's certainly not exclusive to the US.

This guy gets pulled over, hand-cuffed, and then punched in the face.

His crime?

... he ran a red light... on his bicycle

You can see his bewilderment as they cuff him. It looks like he's about to start laughing actually right before he gets punched. It looks like he was about to make a "why? what for?" motion with his hand and then *smack

That'll teach you for not properly riding a bicycle.

video.ca.msn.com...:share:sharepermalink:&from=dest_en-ca

(I'm not sure if this video will work. If not, any help is appreciated.)
edit on 28-3-2013 by HIWATT because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah the Video isn't available at this time...

But really, it's not surprising. We have too many "Power Trippy" cops on our side of the border.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To say Vancouver is a cultural "melting pot" is an understatement. There is a very large Indo and Asian contingent on the west coast.

What I found interesting though, a\was that that Indo officer who layed the guy out, sounds British. For you Brits on ATS, is there a large Indo community in Britain?

I'm not saying that cops in Vancouver aren't normally thuggish - just that this guy sounds like he's fresh off the boat...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

It's working for me.

That is what you call a PIG.

What I would give for the right to fight back

That coward sucker punched a handcuffed man from behind.

Vancouver cops are horrible, I know from experience!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
Yeah the Video isn't available at this time...

But really, it's not surprising. We have too many "Power Trippy" cops on our side of the border.

argh

here are some more links:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by FrankLY

It's working for me.

That is what you call a PIG.

What I would give for the right to fight back

That coward sucker punched a handcuffed man from behind.

Vancouver cops are horrible, I know from experience!

I can remember back 20 years ago or so. This would NEVER happen.

Pulling over a guy on his bicycle for running a red light? It seems as ridiculous to me now as it surely would have back then.

In the last 20 years the police have become exponentially more aggressive. Sure you could argue that society has as well. They still have to follow the LAW though, and as is mentioned by his friend recording the incident, it's not lawful to assault someone just because they are questioning your right to detain them.

Who are these guys anyway?

The Indo cop is clearly British, and both of them are in plain clothes. They have undercover cops now to arrest traffic violators??

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
By arguing with the police officer and turning his head, the man does clearly move his arm while being cuffed.
That being said, I don't think that he was resisting arrest, it was just natural body movement. The officer could have missinterpreted the move though.....Still not a good reason to punch someone in the face, they do have other ways to subdue a "suspect" !!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Thank You

And OMG what a douchebag that cop...Sorry, I had to let it out of my system...

A simple and slight twist of the arm to bring him down would have been sufficient.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Bicycles are prior to cross in Iran.

I have crossed it some times.

The people who ride bicycle are special people. They have similar beliefs as I have met them.

It is the most cruel behaviour to do this to them.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Police these days are to drunk on power.. the people who make me think im safe are now turning against me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hey...When I was 17...I got "arrested" for BARKING at cops while they were driving by....Was put in the back of the squad car and that's when....none other than....Pat Burns took a telephopne book out of the trunk of the cop car, placed it over my face and SMACK,....Punched the phone book hard enough to make me realize that I was just a snot noze little puke....LOL...I never pissed off a cop after that !!! lmao !! May god keep Coach Burns safe in his arms....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

BC I don't know but you do have a right to fight back in Onatrio. But is it wise? I don't think it is.
-
The case bellow, within itself is irrelevant. I might of booked him anyway if I were the judge but he followed the law and this dude won his case.

Toronto Sun Article

The judge concluded Alexander had a legal right to resist the unlawful arrest and there was a reasonable doubt as to whether Alexander intended to assault the officer as opposed to merely intending to escape.

I don't know about BC. But you're allowed in Ontario.

---
I HATE!! using Wiki but I'm pressed for time here.

Resisting unlawful arrest In many cases, individuals will realize that they are the target of false arrest and attempt to resist or flee. This is known as resisting unlawful arrest, and is a justification for such resistance where it would otherwise be a crime (i.e. resisting arrest, flight to avoid prosecution, assault, or even murder).

Justification for such action is often hard to prove in court, and only justified in certain circumstances. Simple mistake of fact situations would generally not warrant attempting to elude law enforcement. However, there are some that would, such as:
--the person making the arrest never identifying themselves, causing the defendant to believe they are the target of kidnapping or robbery.
-- the reasonable belief that the person making the arrest is an impersonator with the intent of victimizing the defendant.
--the reasonable belief that the defendant would be the victim of police brutality if taken into custody by that individual.

Many courts generally will not condone violence used in resisting an unlawful arrest, or "deadly force," unless it's proven the police began to use violence upon the defendant.

The last line is the key phrase here "unless it's proven the police began to use violence upon the defendant."
edit on 28-3-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
Hey...When I was 17...I got "arrested" for BARKING at cops while they were driving by....Was put in the back of the squad car and that's when....none other than....Pat Burns took a telephopne book out of the trunk of the cop car, placed it over my face and SMACK,....Punched the phone book hard enough to make me realize that I was just a snot noze little puke....LOL...I never pissed off a cop after that !!! lmao !! May god keep Coach Burns safe in his arms....

LMFAO

What a great way to celebrate his memory. Way to go!
(RIP)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well to the officers defense. The so called victim did jab the officer with his elbow first while being handcuffed and the reaction from the officer was a punch. Neither are right, but maybe the guy shouldn't of jabbed him with his elbow.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

BC I don't know but you do have a right to fight back in Onatrio. But is it wise? I don't think it is.
-
The case bellow, within itself is irrelevant. I might of booked him anyway if I were the judge but he followed the law and this dude won his case.

Toronto Sun Article

The judge concluded Alexander had a legal right to resist the unlawful arrest and there was a reasonable doubt as to whether Alexander intended to assault the officer as opposed to merely intending to escape.

I don't know about BC. But you're allowed in Ontario.

---
I HATE!! using Wiki but I'm pressed for time here.

Resisting unlawful arrest In many cases, individuals will realize that they are the target of false arrest and attempt to resist or flee. This is known as resisting unlawful arrest, and is a justification for such resistance where it would otherwise be a crime (i.e. resisting arrest, flight to avoid prosecution, assault, or even murder).

Justification for such action is often hard to prove in court, and only justified in certain circumstances. Simple mistake of fact situations would generally not warrant attempting to elude law enforcement. However, there are some that would, such as:
--the person making the arrest never identifying themselves, causing the defendant to believe they are the target of kidnapping or robbery.
-- the reasonable belief that the person making the arrest is an impersonator with the intent of victimizing the defendant.
--the reasonable belief that the defendant would be the victim of police brutality if taken into custody by that individual.

Many courts generally will not condone violence used in resisting an unlawful arrest, or "deadly force," unless it's proven the police began to use violence upon the defendant.

The last line is the key phrase here "unless it's proven the police began to use violence upon the defendant."
edit on 28-3-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that.

There are two things to keep in mind with regards to this example though.

1. that guy was in a car
2. he was a crack junkie

You don't require a license to ride a bike so the rules are a bit different.

Also, regardless of travelling in a car or by bike, running a red light is not a crime unless it causes damage or injury.

Where is the victim here? The only victim I see is the guy who got punched. Since there is no other injured or otherwise transgressed 3rd party, that by default makes the cop, THE PERPETRATOR.

He's been put on leave. I hope he get's fired.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The so called victim, assaulted the officer first, which you all fail to see. He jabbed the officer with his elbow while being handcuffed before the officer punched him.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well to the officers defense. The so called victim did jab the officer with his elbow first while being handcuffed and the reaction from the officer was a punch. Neither are right, but maybe the guy shouldn't of jabbed him with his elbow.

Sure, these days it's always better to shut your mouth and comply without complaint.

The point is, they had no legal grounds to arrest/detain/cuff him in the first place.

As I alluded to, there was no injured 3rd party here. Where's the crime?

I can't even say if he legally could have been written a ticket, as he was on a bike and you don't require a license to ride a bike (hence those acts and statutes should not apply?)

It seems the only right these cops had, was to maybe pull up beside him and warn him it's not the best idea to run through a stop light...... instead they cuff him and assault him.

How was ANY of this necessary?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Your only seeing part of the video. Not the whole video. I don't see a bike. I see a guy getting arrested. Where's the Bike?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Your only seeing part of the video. Not the whole video. I don't see a bike. I see a guy getting arrested. Where's the Bike?

You're watching the raw footage uploaded to youtube.

Watch one of the other links from the news reports. Watch here starting at 45 seconds: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree, fighting back is not a very smart thing to do if you value your life.

My statement was more of a "wouldn't it be nice if we had a way to punish these #ers" statement...my apologies for not being more clear.

What makes your post even more interesting is that I am in Ontario at the moment (I left BC a few years ago) and the police here are just as brutal. I get stopped by them quite often for no reason whatsoever, they always say I match the description of someone they are looking for. I always politely let them know that I don't appreciate being harassed and ask if I am under arrest or being detained. Once thy say no I just leave.

Maybe next time I will sucker punch him before he cuffs me
Just joking!
edit on 3/28/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join