It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Mexican Civillians Arrest Corrupt Police; Depose City's Corrupt Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
they might have an economy for hispanics to go home to

again, let's please keep the race-baiting out of this thread

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
This is why its so desperately wanted that the US be disarmed.

Citizens who can fight back against the corruption puts a huge crimp into TPTB plans.

I hope to see the aggression against corruption become "contagious".

Agreed. Mexico is an OPEC Nation for goodness sakes. They have resource wealth that gives them the potential to be among the best nations in the Western Hemisphere ...if they had people in Government who weren't quite happy to take 30pcs of silver for the Soul of the nation.

Here Here to seeing the Mexican People stand and fight, if only a bit at first. All large change starts with small steps, eh? I hope they move to leaps as soon as they can. Their nation sure needs it. (If they'll just stop shooting up the tourists..lol.. Bad P.R. there.
)
edit on 28-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
BTW... I feel compelled to point it out...

Did anyone else notice that hyper-strict gun regulation did not prevent anyone intent on getting a gun... from actually getting that gun?

'Nother nail in the coffin for the anti-gun crowds rhetoric?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos
Drug lords run the U.S. too.
They kill at will too.
They call themselves the C.I.A.

Yes but it seems that many Mexicans would rather deal with our cartel than theirs.
They're leaving for a reason.

The noticeable difference is that the alleged cartel in America is more subtle and secretive, whereas in Mexico you have gutted bloggers hanging from bridges, the heads of police officers sitting on a fence, mayors openly paying protection fees, newspapers asking the drug cartel what they want them to write about them, and migrants being executed for refusing to work for the cartels.

70 South American immigrants refused to be drug dealers. Killed in one day. Truly tragic.

Mexico is a mess right now, and it needs a serious clean up because the honest citizens are truly suffering.

I applaud these peoples efforts as a drastic step but even still...these are vigilantes that likely came together on the fly due to the alleged murder of their leader. We're talking about high emotions and questionable training here. Already tourists have been shot at due to a misunderstanding, but this also speaks to the spotty organization of this group and a likely lack of communication between them.

I understand their anger, I just hope this ends well for them.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anomalikely came together on the fly due to the alleged murder of their leader

"Group X" was formed in response to the murder of the leader of "Group X"? Apparently you think they not only have guns, but also a time travel machine?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

Let's try to keep crypto-racism out of this thread. Thanks.

I was reading through your thread and couldn't help but notice these two statements. Neither person said anything racist or even hinting at racism.

So why did you make these comments? I'm intrigued as to what may be your answer because this quote from jimmiec is spot on.

I have said for many years that law abiding citizens should be armed and take their country back. This is good news. Make Mexico a decent place to live again and they might have an economy for hispanics to go home to.

Sure, he should have said Mexicans, not Hispanics, but that is not the point. I have many legal Mexican immigrants that work for/with me and this is exactly what they'd like to do!

If the economy was better and the streets safer, they would go home quicker than you'd expect.

So Please share with us why this is race-baiting or crypto-racism.

Thanks!
edit on 28-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Let's try to keep crypto-racism out of this thread. Thanks.

I was reading through your thread and couldn't help but notice these two statements. Neither person said anything racist or even hinting at racism.

So why did you make these comments? I'm intrigued as to what may be your answer because this quote from jimmiec is spot on.

I have said for many years that law abiding citizens should be armed and take their country back. This is good news. Make Mexico a decent place to live again and they might have an economy for hispanics to go home to.

Sure, he should have said Mexicans, not Hispanics, but that is not the point. I have many legal Mexican immigrants that work for/with me and this is exactly what they'd like to do!

If the economy was better and the streets safer, they would go home quicker than you'd expect.

So Please share with us why this is race-baiting or crypto-racism.

Thanks!
edit on 28-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I am Hispanic and I am already home (the United States). I am a U.S. citizen, my parents were U.S. citizens, my family have been U.S. citizens since 1850.

Suggesting "Hispanics go home" is racist. If you don't understand that then you, too, are most likely racist. That may hurt to hear but you'll be better off for it. The daylight is such a more pleasant place to live than a cave.

Thanks!

de nada!
edit on 28-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Would you have been less offended had he used the term "Mexican Nationals"? I don't think anybody here is trying to be racist, just maybe not thinking of the proper "PC" terminology. Regardless anyone who is reading this in context can see it was not meant in a prejudiced way, and perhaps you are taking it a bit too sensitively. Just my honest opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Would you have been less offended had he used the term "Mexican Nationals"?

yes - or even just "Mexicans" since "Mexican" is a nationality, not an ethnicity

Originally posted by littled16 I don't think anybody here is trying to be racist, just maybe not thinking of the proper "PC" terminology. Regardless anyone who is reading this in context can see it was not meant in a prejudiced way, and perhaps you are taking it a bit too sensitively. Just my honest opinion.

I think the stars my wrist-slap to the racists received from the community speaks for itself. Thanks for your input, however! Bye, now.

edit on 28-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
On one hand, GOOD FOR THEM! If the government fails the people, the people should have the right to rectify things. Mexico is a cesspool of corruption where the citizens are terrified and abused.

And oddly enough we can replace the word "Mexico" with "USA" and it would still be an accurate description.

On the other hand, it looks like the vigilantes are a bit of a loose cannon. For instance, the article lists one example where they created a checkpoint. One car of tourists refused to stop so the vigilantes fired on them, wounding at least one.

So do you keep driving through a DUI checkpoint here is the USA as well?

I cannot approve of that. If I was driving along with my family and came across a group of men with guns flagging us down, I'd try to keep driving, too.

A group of men with guns flagging you down..... again I have to point out, is that not an accurate description of a DUI checkpoint here in the US?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Suggesting "Hispanics go home" is racist.

This is just an assumption, but I'd be willing to say that the poster meant "Mexicans" and that they would go home because that is where they were from.

As I stated previously, that's exactly what many Mexican immigrants would love to do; the Mexicans I have talked to anyway.

So I would not say the poster was suggesting that ALL hispanics/Mexicans need to go home because of some underlying racist belief.

If you don't understand that then you, too, are most likely racist. That may hurt to hear but you'll be better off for it.

So if I don't understand your point...I'm racist?

Well...by your standards....I'm racist.
I guess we learn something new everyday.

de nada!

el placer es mío

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Suggesting "Hispanics go home" is racist.

This is just an assumption, but I'd be willing to say that the poster meant "Mexicans"

Yes, that does sound like just an assumption.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"Citizen's Arrest" of corrupt police and politicians.....got to love it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis
"Group X" was formed in response to the murder of the leader of "Group X"? Apparently you think they not only have guns, but also a time travel machine?

I don't think they're time-travelers, I'm just literate and capable of comprehending what I read.

Hundreds of armed vigilantes have taken control of a town on a major highway in the Pacific coast state of Guerrero, arresting local police officers and searching homes after a vigilante leader was killed
- MSN

Thousands of armed vigilantes have taken over a town in Mexico and arrested police officers after their 'commander' was killed and dumped in the street.
- Daily Mail

As I said, they all came together on the fly and took over the town because their leader was killed. I never said they FORMED due to their leader being killed. Although I am sure that other men in the town who may have not been a part of this group probably joined it after this incident. I doubt this was planned before the murder, as the murder was the catalyst that lead to the group to suddenly taking the town by force.

It seems you being purposefully obtuse just to take a swipe at me, because you went around every point I made to make a snarky comment about something I never said.

Are you even contributing anything to this thread and discussion other than defensive hostility and baseless accusations?

- Lee

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Are you even contributing anything to this thread and discussion other than defensive hostility and baseless accusations?

I started it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I started it.

Again you are avoiding my points, and merely giving another hollow response.

I'm talking about your contribution to the discussion.
You started a thread and set about attacking those that added to it.

You seem a bit overly sensitive to those trying to add anything related to the current state of Mexico in this thread.

You didn't even try to discredit/refute my points in my first post because you obviously couldn't (they're all from Mexican news sources) and instead went the ad hominem route and attacked me. That's a tale-tell sign of someone wanting to fight.

It matters not that you 'started' the thread.
It's what you are 'adding to it' that is questionable.

I'm just saying you might need to relax a bit.

- Lee
edit on 28-3-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I started it.

Again you are avoiding my points, and merely giving another hollow response.

I'm talking about your contribution to the discussion.
You started a thread and set about attacking those that added to it.

You seem a bit overly sensitive to those trying to add anything related to the current state of Mexico in this thread.

You didn't even try to discredit/refute my points in my first post because you obviously couldn't (they're all from Mexican news sources) and instead went the ad hominem route and attacked me. That's a tale-tell sign of someone wanting to fight.

It matters not that you 'started' the thread.
It's what you are 'adding to it' that is questionable.

I'm just saying you might need to relax a bit.

- Lee

I don't have time to read your entire speech right now, however, I've bookmarked it and will definitely get around to it in the next day or two. (Just wanted to let you know I'm not trying to avoid whatever it is you just posted and will eventually reply.)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Fair enough question I guess. I suppose if it was official and they were identifiable. But an unknown mob flagging me down with guns would cause me to keep going.

If the tourists did not know who these vigilantes were, it would be fair to say they could just as easily assume they were bandits or drug lords.

On a side note, why is it EVERY TIME on ATS someone mentions corruption elsewhere, the question always comes back to the US, as if it is assumed we just love the corruption in our own country or are unaware of it?

Point out human rights abuses in China- well why don't you care about human rights abuses in America?! Guess what, WE DO. Point out police corruption in Mexico- well why don't you care about police corruption in America?! Guess what, WE DO! LOL!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's hopeful that at least somewhere in the world citizens are working to put the trash out on the curb.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not only is it right it's their right! When your government goes bad, starts taking away your rights as citizens, controls the media so you can't get true news, makes deals with foreigners to the detriment of their own citizens it is time to forcibly eject them with extreme prejudice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join