Armed Mexican Civillians Arrest Corrupt Police; Depose City's Corrupt Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Quick! Mexico needs more gun control!

Hundreds of armed vigilantes have taken control of a Mexican town, accusing local police of being involved with criminals.

news.msn.com...
edit on Thu Mar 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Come on, theyre doing it down in Mexico! Dont yall think its time we folliw suit?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

VIVA LA REVOLUTION~

America are you paying attention?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
On one hand, GOOD FOR THEM! If the government fails the people, the people should have the right to rectify things. Mexico is a cesspool of corruption where the citizens are terrified and abused.

On the other hand, it looks like the vigilantes are a bit of a loose cannon. For instance, the article lists one example where they created a checkpoint. One car of tourists refused to stop so the vigilantes fired on them, wounding at least one.

I cannot approve of that. If I was driving along with my family and came across a group of men with guns flagging us down, I'd try to keep driving, too.

If they can get that type of stuff under check then I could approve. You just can't become what you hate.

Hopefully they can become the heroes the country desperately needs.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

People can only be pushed so far before they finally decide that enough is enough. I'm not saying that what they are doing is completely right (i.e. the innocent tourists being shot) but I can certainly empathize. The only problem with vigilante gangs is that in a lot of cases eventually they become what they once despised and were fighting against to start with. Power corrupts even good people.

edit on 28-3-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The Mexican Government needs to confiscate all firearms so that this sort of thing can never happen again!
We don't need average regular people arresting corrupt police do we?
That job is for the police.

The only people who should own guns are the police.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Mexico and US are a little different. I mean drug lords run that country. They kill at will...why do you think the police are corrupted? It's because they don't want to be the next one with their head missing.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos

The Mexican Government needs to confiscate all firearms so that this sort of thing can never happen again!
We don't need average regular people arresting corrupt police do we?
That job is for the police.

The only people who should own guns are the police.

Absolutely! Why didn't they think of that when they outlawed private firearms ownership across the entire Mexican nation, in almost all circumstances, long before I was born?

I'm sure Los Zetas, the Sinaloa Cartel and others will promptly surrender all their weapons now that they've been reminded of the fact they are in violation of standing laws. All a big misunderstanding....those tens of thousands dead in their ongoing civil/cartel war is just a mistake. Indeed.

It's not like violence ever happens unless pesky civilians have guns...right? :shk:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The problem is the "civilians" are most likely just funded by a different cartel then the police were being payed off by and what we have is simply a change of owner.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Mexico and US are a little different. I mean drug lords run that country.

Let's try to keep crypto-racism out of this thread. Thanks.

Originally posted by MrSpad
The problem is the "civilians" are most likely just funded by a different cartel then the police were being payed off by and what we have is simply a change of owner.

you, too
edit on 28-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I cannot approve of that. If I was driving along with my family and came across a group of men with guns flagging us down, I'd try to keep driving, too.

Does this mean that you disapprove of the US military doing the same in Iraq?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Yes. We shouldnt be over there IMO but that is another thread.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Mexico and US are a little different. I mean drug lords run that country. They kill at will...why do you think the police are corrupted? It's because they don't want to be the next one with their head missing.

Drug lords run the U.S. too.

They kill at will too.

They call themselves the C.I.A.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree with thier actions.
I hope to see all of Mexico do this. Especially in Nuevo Leon.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Good to hear.

It's a hard one to answer.

You have men pointing guns at you telling you to stop. Do you try to drive away? In a tin can that won't stop a bullet at all?

Or do you stop and hope that the worst that happens is a robbing?

Tough call IMO.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is why its so desperately wanted that the US be disarmed.

Citizens who can fight back against the corruption puts a huge crimp into TPTB plans.

I hope to see the aggression against corruption become... "contagious".

edit on 3/28/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
I agree with thier actions.
I hope to see all of Mexico do this. Especially in Nuevo Leon.

I think you mean "especially in Mexico D.F. ... the Zócalo, specifically"

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have said for many years that law abiding citizens should be armed and take their country back. This is good news. Make Mexico a decent place to live again and they might have an economy for hispanics to go home to.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reading some of the comments about the post ,i see that the media just dont inform any more about the state of terror that prevail in Mexico.The cartels go along with authorities and also the mexican army...theres nobody really to ask for help ,and yes theres news that are so horrific ,makes the wars in the middle east, childs play.
the cartels not only kill enemies,they also kill inocent families and to blame the other criminal and then send messages accusing and blaming each other.Theres people dead due to confrontations among the mafia cartels,and they also upload videos to expose who and how the traitors will end.Decapitations at knife point with the person tied up ,mass shootings in subdivisions,kiddnapings,and most of all hand granade assaults,besides rape to tourists and murder.....so the problem is way ,way deeper that just having a gun to protect yourself and your family,is like a war zone....for real.........the news will never said a word about the real scenario.READ Blog del Narco.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Not all Hispanics are Mexican.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join