It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Prepares for Civil war- Wife Turns him in to Police- What law did he break?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sounds like they married outside their politics or faith.He has a malfunction however thinking of firing in a house.That is NEVER going to work.
My wife knew what she was getting into despite my trying to talk her out of it,she knows I am a former pro knuckle dragger with a propensity for sneaking.
The weapons were a given.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

What did he really expect? Firing guns in an apartment building was not the smartest move.

Honestly this ^^^^^ I can sympathize, I really can and the wife turning him in, well that's a whole other opinion I have but you really can't fire weapons in an apartment building and telling your neighbors not to worry if they hear gunfire is

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

What did he really expect? Firing guns in an apartment building was not the smartest move.

Honestly this ^^^^^ I can sympathize, I really can and the wife turning him in, well that's a whole other opinion I have but you really can't fire weapons in an apartment building and telling your neighbors not to worry if they hear gunfire is

She probably turned him in because she was scared. If my husband was firing guns in the house, I would be a little freaked out, too. Not saying I would have him committed, just to be clear. (I already know he is crazy. I don't need to commit him to confirm that.
)

Fire all the guns you want, but, either do it out back (I live in the country and there is nothing but open field back there) or go to the shooting range. For most people the shooting range seems like the obvious answer.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Fire all the guns you want, but, either do it out back (I live in the country and there is nothing but open field back there) or go to the shooting range. For most people the shooting range seems like the obvious answer.

He could have got her to shoot with him, that or helped with the frick'n dishes once and awhile!
edit on 28-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't see how a ballistic plate can be illegal as it is purely a defensive item.
HOWEVER... the grenades although only tear gas I believe are controlled by the BATF and a nono.
I also take issue with the guy firing a weapon in his apartment.
Yep, if true, this guy went just that side of not ok.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm a gun supporter, but this guy was doing pretty iffy things that may not be illegal, but he doesn't seem to be all that well in the head. Shooting guns in an apartment building?

His wife clearly saw that there was a problem and was just trying to protect herself and/or others. Obviously there was a problem, otherwise his wife wouldn't have turned him in.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm going to have to jump on the band wagon of the wife making the right call. We need stable, smart, levelheaded people behind legal firearms to protect ourselves from tyranny. There's a lot of people out there prepping without scaring their loved ones or firing rifles in their loft, let's celebrate and salute them and salute authorities when they properly serve the public, such as this woman.

Not all cops are bad cops, and not all preppers are good preppers.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Until Anders actually killed people in Sweden there was no actual law he broke either. Although you can be arrested for showing signs that could endanger others.

The conclusion is, anyone preparing for civil war in the US has a mental problem so yes, they need locking up to protect themselves and others from random acts of violence.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by daryllyn

He could have got her to shoot with him, that or helped with the frick'n dishes once and awhile!
edit on 28-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Men should totally help with the dishes. (:

I am not sure that would have helped this guy that much, though. I doubt there was anything he could have done to make her happy after turning the upstairs into a firing range.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Until Anders actually killed people in Sweden there was no actual law he broke either. Although you can be arrested for showing signs that could endanger others.

Norway.

The conclusion is, anyone preparing for civil war in the US has a mental problem so yes, they need locking up to protect themselves and others from random acts of violence.

LOL... the government has the biggest fn mental problem there is then hahaha

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Okay so ladies,

What you are trying to say, if I want to remain successful in a relationship, do not think it's okay to just start shooting guns in the house?

Ugh... IDK that might be a deal breaker for me. :|

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
Okay so ladies,

What you are trying to say, if I want to remain successful in a relationship, do not think it's okay to just start shooting guns in the house?

Ugh... IDK that might be a deal breaker for me. :|

I am sure you would survive

At least put the shooting range in a garage or other out building.

It's all about the compromise, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
How would anybody prepare for a civil war?

Maybe somebody can go out and kill somebody and be killed in return. I mean this is a pointless exercise.

It is more logical to stock canned food, outdoor clothing, water etc. rather than weapons. The food etc. may make you survive longer than the weapons.

Your government is doing what exactly has been done by many empires in the past - ensure its survival by any means in the face of mounting problems. The citizens have always been expendable - in this empire and the previous ones. If you think bearing arms changes anything - I advise becoming wiser.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Many gun shops have a place inside to test shoot, it's just a special metal box. Hell I remember shooting 22's at the fair grounds at a target and into a special metal backdrop to stop the bullet.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Yeah,join combat arms military that's how. But beware some people have preconcieved notions about us like we are infected or something.
And they insult the hell out of you by expressing who you are by what they know,it's the craziest thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What's funny is that he probably spent too much on guns and ammo and couldn't afford time at a firing range which would have kept him out of trouble in the first place. Sometimes when people take up certain "hobbies" they need to think things out a bit and pace themselves.

Having guns and stuff is one thing I'm ok with, but shooting in a small house or apartment like herp-a-derp in an urban area too close to the neighbors isn't exactly cool. Go ahead and prep for all I care, but if you don't use your brain you're the biggest liability that's going to undermine all your own planning.

This guy should consider himself lucky that he mostly all he got was yelled at. It could have been worse with jail time or seriously injuing himself with a ricochet from his improvised target range.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
"if any other laws have been broken"

what initial laws were broken? you arrested a man for doing what his founding fathers told him to do: not trust his Government.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Perhaps you should look up the definition of conspiracy. And "conspiring".

Planning a civil war and/or causing, starting one, is never a very legal thing to do. Neither is a coupe. The thing is, if you're successful you get to be in charge of the law that is supposed to prosecute you...

The whole, "winners write the history books" type thing.
edit on 28-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Preparing for a civil war and starting one are totally different things. Where did it say he wanted to start a civil war?

----------------

Obviously he can't be allowed to fire high powered rifles in an apartment home ... that's just nuts!

----------------

His wife was a psychiatrist - now we know why he's nuts!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
How would anybody prepare for a civil war?

Maybe somebody can go out and kill somebody and be killed in return. I mean this is a pointless exercise.

It is more logical to stock canned food, outdoor clothing, water etc. rather than weapons. The food etc. may make you survive longer than the weapons.

Your government is doing what exactly has been done by many empires in the past - ensure its survival by any means in the face of mounting problems. The citizens have always been expendable - in this empire and the previous ones. If you think bearing arms changes anything - I advise becoming wiser.

Ok, so stock food and water, not guns, got ya....Then a fully armed mob raids my house, leaving me with zero food and water, now what?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
no crime - not time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join