It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Prepares for Civil war- Wife Turns him in to Police- What law did he break?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Now wait a minute. Did this guy shoot anybody? No.

Did he commit any crime with these weapons? No.

So MAYBE he had an illegal ballistics plate.

Can't even trust the wife anymore?

:shk:

Tyrannical rape. The end.

Mental evaluation? Wtf. How about we mentally evaluate the fricken government, who has taken upon themselves to be the world's police and gestapos of this country. :shk:
edit on Thu Mar 28th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Perhaps you should look up the definition of conspiracy. And "conspiring".

Planning a civil war and/or causing, starting one, is never a very legal thing to do. Neither is a coupe. The thing is, if you're successful you get to be in charge of the law that is supposed to prosecute you...

The whole, "winners write the history books" type thing.
edit on 28-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Assault rifle

Makes me giggle every time.

Anyway, from the video it looks like he's been taken in for mental care as he poses a danger to himself or others. He hasn't been arrested or charged as of yet, police are examining the weapons to see if they're all legal.

I see no problem with this story.

(I love guns, guns are great, everyone should have guns.)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What a b***h!!!

If there is a Civil War ever, then she'll regret this for sure.

So, he was getting ready to protect himself and his family but she saw this as wrong and turned him in.

I guess she doesn't realize that only true family stands up for family these days.

Oh well, she should be thunder punched for sure!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Illegal ballistics plate?

It is sad when you can legally own a gun....

But you can't own a plate that will keep you from being shot?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He was really stupid about it, though. Not saying he should have been hauled off necessarily, but, he was firing guns in an apartment building and telling the neighbors 'not to be alarmed by any gunfire'.

What did he really expect? Firing guns in an apartment building was not the smartest move.

I think there was a cause for concern in this case.

But, how many people who have seen this story will now think of this guy when they hear 'prepper' and assume all preppers are nut jobs?

edit on 28-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Man it's messed up when you can't even trust your spouse! He wasn't doing anything wrong, and even the police said the only thing he had that was illegal was the ballistic plate he was using for target practice- which if you ask me was the safest target he could use in a residential area.

Bet you his wife will freak the heck out if TSHTF and she realizes hubby was right. Heck, when they were naming off what he had amassed there was two of everything which means one for him and one for her. Doesn't sound like she had anything to fear. My husband is more than welcome to buy all the guns and ammo he wants.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
What a b***h!!!

If there is a Civil War ever, then she'll regret this for sure.

So, he was getting ready to protect himself and his family but she saw this as wrong and turned him in.

I guess she doesn't realize that only true family stands up for family these days.

Oh well, she should be thunder punched for sure!

just because there are sane, law-abiding people that own assault rifles, doesn't mean THAT ALL people that own assault rifles are sane, and law-abiding.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Planning a civil war and/or causing, starting one, is never a very legal thing to do. Neither is a coupe. The thing is, if you're successful you get to be in charge of the law that is supposed to prosecute you...

I think it's safe to say 80% of us are thinking about Civil War, and we can be deemed as terrorists

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The guy showed clear signs of being mentally unstable, his wife did what any responsible person would do.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't think anyone should be shooting a high power rifle in town inside a house. If it was in an enclosed building out in the country, no problem. Bullets can go through a wall or window and hurt an innocent person.

Collecting guns and ammo is not bad, why didn't this guy go to a rifle range or out in the woods to practice though.

Married to a Psychiatrist and couldn't tell his actions went against what her perception would be from conditioning in our society? He is definitely a little off to believe his wife would support him in this action. This guy sounds like he was doing some things that were jeopardising the safety of the neighbors. Discharging a firearm within five hundred feet of a residence that is not your own is a standard law in many areas.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Gee.. If the wife wanted a divorce with extreme hate in the middle, all the had to do was hire an ambulance chaser who also handled divorces. I have no problem saying if I found myself with a woman in life who had me committed..even for a short hold like this... That would be the last time we ever had words on even the basic civil level again, for life.

Involuntary check-in for mental health reasons is a basis to disqualify all ownership of firearms for life. She screwed him so hard on this, he'll be spinning for years. Even if they let him walk right now and gave an apology? Unless his files indicated no basis for the hold following exam? He's screwed by how I've read the laws. You can check YOURSELF in, by choice, (and someone close to me did, is how I confirmed that) and you don't lose your Right to own a firearm. If you're not walking in 100% of your own free will though? *bam*. That's one of the BIG disqualifiers and it's not picky about why someone may have been involuntarily held. Just that it happened and had mental issues as the basis.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
When it comes to stuff like this, spouses are the last person to trust.....they are educated to fear way more than men....
This will be a regret later for the spouse but thats later.....
Its funny as hell that a psychologist cant see the psywar going on though........straight people are basically sheep for the slaughter.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Preparing for a civil war and preparing to start a civil war or a coup are two completely different things.

Had I not watched the video, I would have responded differently, but the guy sounds like he needs a little psych evaluation. Of course, the media didn't help with that propaganda piece of a story.

Not that it's illegal to possession most of what he possessed (and acquired in less than a year), but the quantity and variety of things he had PLUS statement he made.

Kevlar vests? Kevlar helmets? tear gas? Possibly discharging a high powered rifle in the city limits/in a residential area and inside an apartment building???

Making statements about it being okay to shoot traitors in the head??

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

I think it's safe to say 80% of us are thinking about Civil War, and we can be deemed as terrorists

Luckily 80% is a majority.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
He was using his 3rd floor as a firing range?
He had an illegal ballistic plate that he was using in his 3rd floor firing range and told his neighbors to not be alarmed if they hear gun shots? The man purchased all equipment in 9 months......His wife is a psychiatrist? Obviously she was scared for her life! He told her to not talk to people and its okay to shoot them in the head. I am sorry, I may have done it too if I was scared to go home!!!! His wife was scared for HER OWN LIFE!! You do not know what other things he may have said or done that only a trained psychiatrist could spot, or a wife for that matter!!

Now I am all for the 2nd but come on....Firing in the house? That is a little over the top! What the hell was he thinking?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hmmm....something smells real fishy here. His wife, a Cambridge Physiatrist, a restraining order as well. Looks like they were heading for a divorce to me and this is just one of her forms of pay back.

Everything was legally bought.

But now the wife has raised the “Mental Issue”. He'll never see this stuff again, the cops will use it for training since they are having a hard time getting ammo as well.

www.fortliberty.org...

This is just one of many reasons that I will never get married. (Almost did though once, but thankfully dodged that bullet...pun intended.)

If there are no reports of domestic violence, I hope that he takes her to court and leaves her penniliess.

But yep, the third floor firing range was a bit to far I think.
edit on 28-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: coffee needed.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree that you should always support your spouse, but, this guy was firing rifles inside of their apartment building. Not the smartest move in the world.

I think most people would be concerned in that situation.

I don't think that is necessarily grounds to have him committed, but, definitely cause for concern.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I want to see this indoor firing range and the materials that he built it with. He may have only been plinking with a pellet gun or a .22 for all we know. It would be easy to build quality ballistic barriers for those, and sound proof it as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great thread and interesting story. However, this happened over three years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join