It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions I Fantasy About

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As I'm looking at my TV, then my computer, then thinking about my favorite movies: I have long-held this vision of something I wish there was, instead. It would be a small device, based on nano technology, and you could set it down onto a coffe table in the middle of your room. It would face a wall which you have blank, or you could set up a screen like the lecturers use. And it don't matter even, how --big-- your wall or screen is. Or even a bedsheet, wallpainter's canvas, etc. Well, then your device would -project- with lasers, whatever you want to watch, the msm evening news, your fave tv series, a movie. In HD and "living color" and even,(!) in 3-d. And this could also be your computer screen, too.

I've been thinking alot about those 3-d printers, those revolutionary new inventions, they just freak me out. Do you wonder if we could get those to construct, deconstruct, and re construct, on the ---atomic--- level? Because if we could, the Star Trek replicator,..........would then be real! I have often fantasied about having different sized replicators. If you had a garage sized one or even a hangar sized one, it could make you like, a flying car, your very own. Then when you got tired of it, just put it back in so it can be re constructed, into maybe a flying RV camper or Harley motorcycle which runs on air energy. These replicators would have inbuilt computers which sense and alarm anything ..living.. larger than a mouse. So that one could not do nefarious things like deprave cruelty or get away with murder. And they are programmed to not replicate duplicates of themselves without those sensors and alarms, which disable your rep. if you are feeding it wrong. You could throw out all your garbage into your reps, so that there would never be garbage landfills again. The garbage could be re made into household necessities and good food.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Eedjee because: #

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I suspect what you're thinking about is not far away.

I envision a genetically-engineered virus that converts radioactve materials into inert slag. we could run all sorts of nuke power plants and dispose of the rad waste easy easy. the word really needs cheap large-scale power.

(I always intended to write a Godzilla novel based on this concept. the G was created by a long-lost civilisation that made him and similar to consume their rad waste. when their society crashed the monsters all hibernated and until the 1950s when nukes arrived (re-arrived)

a cheap garage-built antigrav would be awesome too.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Thank you for reminding me, that ***energy*** will be needed to run my super replicators.

And this is most important of all. I have been thinking long and hard about why the PTB always always have their jackboot heel on our necks. It's because we use their 'money' (hence debt, slavery, poverty,) and their energy. My replicators would make people not buy Monsanto 'food' anymore. Cheap-to-free energy, would make the PTB fall like dominos. and you know what they say. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Eedjee because: #

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So why do we need a food replicator?
Nature does a fine job of it if mankind doesn't screw it up.

I'd rather go fishing than work my entire life to pay for technology to make my food. I like cooking, that toy would suck. Maybe in ten thousand years, after mankind destroys himself by trusting in science and technology instead of common sense, some mutated monkey will be using one of these food replicators left over from humans being here.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

than work my entire life to pay for

My thinking goes along the lines of, what innovative ways could we each as individuals, have the jackboot of tyrrany off our necks, (the PTB's money, money and labor system, energy,) and free everyone up to be happy, clean, well fed, and not enslaved, stressed out, homeless, and dying of starvation.

I have thought often of the days when we used kerosene, logs, horses, but the PTB had thos things too, and with an army of a thousand, broke through the city of a few hundred, and pillaged.

It's a big big subject, these matters here. Technology versus not, Maslows Hierchy Of Needs met, versus not.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

The dream world you talk about could still contain a way to communicate with others from far away. The internet when I was a kid would have been great. A way of learning that is economical. A way of experiencing things without destroying nature to get there. The problem is that most people use the internet to reinforce their own perception, not to expand their perception.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I see hovercrafts, safe clean energy, beamships, teleportation and robotic home and garden care. Advanced education, holographic classrooms, downloading information, and practicums. Telepathy and psi developing. A world of complete abundance for all, end of all slavery, and inventions for health. Instead of 3D printers, alchemy, recreating all you need. But also see people mixing doing with automation, learning skills, keeping very healthy. Interfacing with family all over the universe.

In a world without harm/gravity, we'd be seeing many flying.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I love the world you describe. There must be a way of having one like it, without tyranny co-opting it.

top topics

join