It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting, a bold rat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Now this is a real rat that was just walking slowly across the street, it may have been injured, I don't really know. This disgusting garbage eater was so bold as not to look at me and scurry off. I happened to be jogging at the time. As I passed within a few feet of it while jogging it just sat there and then proceeded to eat a piece of garbage it had found. It was almost unbelievable that this rat had no fear of me, it didn't scurry off. If I would have had some type of reasonable weapon to kill a rat with me, I could have done so easily, it was just a sitting duck. All I had though was my water bottle and I wasn't about to chuck that at this rat. So I just proceeded with my run. About halfway down the street I did turn around and look back to where it was, but I couldn't tell where the rat went to.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
When I was about 14 I was mucking about next to Sainsburys and I thought I saw a small dog in some cardboard boxes so we went over pulled a couple of boxes away and a massive blind in one eye scar faced rat as big as a small dog looked up at me and hissed...I ran away.
It could have fed a family of four that rat.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I hate to admit I was scared of the wild rats that were loose in my home. The mice were no problem and easy to capture. But the rats would come out at night and scared the living fudge from me. I even had one of the wild rats on my bed one night. Thankfully we got them soon after. This is coming from a man who has pet rats he loves dearly. I guess I'm a walking contradiction.

My pet rat Chucky who was a sweet heart. Pet rats are awesome. Not wild rats.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Best dressed rat ever

It is true pet rats are amazing to have I had a white one when I lived in Holland called Mojo Jojo, they are super clean and get up to funny mischief

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Is this a parody thread?

If not, OP, can you go into more detail about how your animosity to rats developed? I'm sure there'll be a story of educational value there.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thanks. I miss Chucky. He was such a sweetheart. I named him after Chikezie from American Idol and we shorten the name to Chucky. He loved everything and everyone. Truly an angel as a rat.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You wait until the foxes get like that

It's starting to be a problem in the UK

Because their rights were breached and hunting them was banned

Guess those armchair activists in the cities are thinking twice now

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

Sounds like that rat has seen you around before and sees you as no threat. The fact that you did not see it before is more of a concern. It has been watching you run for a while. Some day you may see it sitting there on a curb with sunglasses on holding a tiny cup in it's outstretched hand begging for scraps.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I can see far greater menaces to our cities than the threat of ever bolder wildlife. Unless foxes have begun carrying burglar's tools, there is no good excuse for having allowed one entry to your home.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

When I rode my bicycle regularly, I used to have one fox running alongside me for about 300 yds of my journey along one particular route. It seemed it just enjoyed the challenge of keeping up with me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

When I was a fishmonger I went to Market and bought a dead fox
I skinned it like a rabbit and ate it in a stew bloomin lovely, I tried to cure the skin to make some gloves but it didnt work out to well

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Rats are one of the most cleanest creatures on the earth... if it wasn't for that filthy disgusting animal called the human there would probably be less "bold rats" hanging around our street corners waiting to mug us

On a more serious note though, here in France we are seeing more and more cases of wild boar, here is a vid of one having a wander through Virgin Mega store in the South of France back in 2011.

Although in French the images say enough

and look what this one did to a hairdressers salon in a mall, completely trashed it until it was tranquilised and fell off the sink! (and this one is a young one weighing roughly 40 kg... a male can weigh up to 120kg) :

Since then, even in the middle of Paris wild boar have been seen ravaging gardens.

Nasty things they are if they charge you (but great with roast potatoes!)

Kindest respects

rodinus

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Heck have you seen what wanders in stores in Canada?

I want a Ikea Monkey

Oh and yes wild boar HHHHhhmmmm
edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Actually you could have clobbered that rat and sent it over to this thread that was started today :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. that was humour by the way, if i personally saw a rat in the street cleaning up after us i would just let it get on with itself!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Actually you could have clobbered that rat and sent it over to this thread that was started today :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. that was humour by the way, if i personally saw a rat in the street cleaning up after us i would just let it get on with itself!

Cheers Rodinus
I was thinking of your replys whilst reading this thread
I would actually love to try a wild boar
Its been in my mind since i watched First Blood as a kid (the first rambo)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I was expecting something like that from youboyMONKEY

That is pretty sad actually and just goes to show you how f*** stupid some of us humans can be importing animals such as primates because they look all cuddly and fluffy when they are babies...

They are all cuddly when little but when they get older... that's another story completely!
Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I agree it is wrong to have monkeys in a human home. But he could come and visit me once a year

Ever seen Project Nim?

www.imdb.com...

If you can get Iplayer the BBC has it on now...amazing and sad

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I was expecting something like that from youboyMONKEY

That is pretty sad actually and just goes to show you how f*** stupid some of us humans can be importing animals such as primates because they look all cuddly and fluffy when they are babies...

They are all cuddly when little but when they get older... that's another story completely!
Kindest respects

Rodinus

It sounds like Michael Jacksons pet chimp
Was lovely and cute till it grew up

Have you ever seen the documentary of oliver the chimp?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Yeah I saw that The ChimpMANzee, really strange just goes to show evolution can spring up genetic differences to make an Ape different, It was a good sign of what we may have gone through.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Cheers Rodinus
I was thinking of your replys whilst reading this thread
I would actually love to try a wild boar
Its been in my mind since i watched First Blood as a kid (the first rambo)

Well,

I am going to let a few people into a secret here...

I actually hunt over here in France on land that is owned by myself and father in-law (small and large game)

AND NO PLEASE PEOPLE DONT HAVE A GO AT ME ABOUT HUNTING AND GUNS?

In the village where we live we have an annual list of "Culls" for deer and stag, and this year we had 2 stag and 15 deer. (depending on how much territory is damaged by large game the count may differ)

For the very first time we also had a cull for 50 wild boar, (all in all 37 were culled over a 3 week period as not all hunters in the village hunting association were present).

Those 37 boars were culled on a Sunday, so which basically means in 3 days = 37 boars!)

I actually see roughly 20 boars a week from my office window and as for deer, every day... next time i will take some close up pics.

For me it is one of the most tastiest and noblest meats apart from Stag on this earth...

If ever you get the chance to go over to France in-between September and February just ask for "Sanglier" in a restaurant.....

Bon appetit

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join