It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Love Child of Human, Neanderthal Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
This is what happened to the Neanderthals in the Neolithic era:

What happened to the Neanderthals in the Neolithic is that they were ALREADY EXTINCT.

Neolithic era

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The previous poster was partially correct, sub saharan west Africans have no neanderthal or denisovan contribution. Eastern sub saharan African do have a very small contribution.
Some Native north Americans have the most neanderthal followed east asians. South east Asians and the people of oceana all have a denisovan component as do native south Americans.
The koihsan of Africa also have a denisovan input.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

And my reply to you, Theflyingweldsman. When dealing in matters of anthropology - things are not so "Black and White".
I provide the evidence:

frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com...

Please do the same, and thanks in advance for your interest and opinions.
Best regards,
~ATS4Dummies

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh... I thought you were going to say ".... found living in NYC or something.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by boymonkey74
All of us have around 2-4% Neanderthal DNA in us they never died off they just bred with us
as you said.
Funny though my best mates Dad who is Irish went mad when he read that the Redheaded gene is from our Neanderthal DNA, he and his clan all have red hair and he said "They are always trying to put us Irish down by saying we are cavemen"

Heck I bet that 2-4% is the best bit of our DNA

Nice find smylee

edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)
All of us do not have Neanderthal DNA.

If I'm not mistaken You are not of %100 African decent so more than likely, like it or not, you too have Neanderthal or Denisovan somewhere in your blood. Unless of course, you dished out the thousands of dollars and have been tested to prove otherwise.
I stand corrected. As I read posts after mine, I thought about it, I stuck my foot in my mouth. Again, I stand corrected. Great observation Kimish..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

No need to apologize. I do appreciate your honesty and most anyone on this forum wouldn't have stood corrected or whatever. You're def ok in my book

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
All of us do not have Neanderthal DNA.

All except Africans do. You can have a DNA test done that will tell you what percentage of Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA you have. Mine was 2.1 Neanderthal and 4.4 Denisovan.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

And my reply to you, Theflyingweldsman. When dealing in matters of anthropology - things are not so "Black and White".
I provide the evidence:
frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com...
Please do the same, and thanks in advance for your interest and opinions.
Best regards,
~ATS4Dummies

The only thing that I am certain of is that no-one really knows anything.

Neanderthal extinction hypotheses

Nothing is "Black and White"

We live in a technicolor world.

What I know is that your original article from the huff post had nothing to do with Neanderthals.

But hey, that dosen't matter!

As "evidence", you provide a Blog from a Cryptozoologist,

who has been on one Dig as an amateur and has hunted "bigfoot".

He has been an amateur along on archaeological excavations in Indiana as well as doing some local tracking of Bigfoot there.
Blogger Bio

So that proves me wrong.

Ok, you win. Maybe they are still around today?

Maybe not.

Sorry for only using Wikipedia, but i'm not feeling too archeologically adventurous this evening.

When the Neanderthals went extinct is disputed. Fossils found in the Vindija Cave in Croatia have been dated to between 33,000 and 32,000 years old, and Neanderthal artefacts from Gorham's Cave in Gibraltar are believed to be less than 30,000 years ago, but a recent study has re-dated fossils at two Spanish sites as 45,000 years old, 10,000 years older than previously thought, and may cast doubt on recent dates at other sites.

Wiki

edit on 28/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Badda bing badda bum

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by poloblack

No need to apologize. I do appreciate your honesty and most anyone on this forum wouldn't have stood corrected or whatever. You're def ok in my book
Thanks bro.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
reply to post by smyleegrl

That started off as such a nice article and degraded into nonsense.

I was expecting an archeological Love story, with kids coming out an' all......

Instead the story is full of half truths, conjectures and questionable theories...

The research team hints that the modern humans may have raped female Neanderthals, bringing to mind modern cases of "ethnic cleansing."

How on earth can you tell THAT from a jaw bone?

And they don't mention "Love" in the article at all

SnF.

Rape was a common form of reproduction for much of human history and still is in the animal kingdom. The reason the head of the penis is shaped like a mushroom is so that it will scrape out the semen left by a previous person.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Discovery News link... anyone pick up on the loaded comment: "...researchers conclude that it was a “female Neanderthal who mated with male Homo sapiens.”

Note that males are plural and females are singular? The discovery is about a female and one child not more than one, and only one male was the father, multiple fathers was not proved our can be so why not "a male" Homo sapiens?

Yes, I'm aware of the previous rape discussion but loaded comments and ideas are coming from where? I would have thought there was something the neanderthal woman saw in the Homo sapiens male worth wanting to have in her child.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Lydia because: clarify

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have always considered this a possibly. My hypothesis was that those of heavier bone structure (brow ridges, flared nostrils and a big nose) were the genetic offspring.

I'm a red head (or rather, it used to be all red, now it's turning white). While most red heads I know have far more body hair that a fair skinned person of differing hair color has. Never occurred to me that Neolithic sex was a possibility for that.

I never bought into the theory that all prehistoric clans just died as a food competition. While I'll pass on the raping and pillaging concept. I will grant that a limited number of female mates in the area could be an appealing alternative. Especially if she has good hunter/gatherer/offspring skills. I could see this being more practicle in harsh climates.

Why Not?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I was a Redhead until the age of 5 so I too carry the Neanderthal Ginger gene, I just hope Ginger girls never die off

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

edit on 29-3-2013 by Lydia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There was a recent episode of the U.S. TV series "Bones" with the same premise - the discovery of a neanderthal/human baby.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is truly interesting, do you remember the lapedo child from an isolated part of the Iberian peninsular, there was evidence of potential co habitation of neanderthal and cromagnon and once child skeleton not as old as the page you have flagged up showed physical trait's of both subspecies of humanity, but for a viable race to be born of this there must have been extensive cross breeding as due to the genetic variation many of these children would have been ill or suffered birth defect's,.

I hope it was not rape and this child obviously did not survive, as I remember the test's on the lapedo child were inconclusive, at any rate it is absolutely amazing that two group's of human's separated for hundred's of thousand's of year's were able to produce offspring viable enough for us to have there genetic trait's, now were did I put my club, ug.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Let me guess, it was found in Crawford Texas......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

The Rumor about aids... states that HSS and some type of monkey (the one that carries a similar AID syndrome) mated bringing the syndrome to the HSS race and from there it is where it's at now. Esentially if HSS mated with Neanderthal then why not monkeys?

That's just a pop-culture legend. A mutation of the simian immunodeficiency virus (SID) made the jump from some ape or monkey species to humans all right, but it almost certainly did not happen through sexual contact. Far more probably, somebody was chopping up some bush meat for the pot and cut their finger with a bloodstained knife, allowing the SID virus to enter their own bloodstream.

And this happened very recently, within the last century or so. That is why AIDS is a new disease.

Some humans mate with all kinds of animals—I'm sure I don't need to go into the details. These, ah, unions are never fruitful. Being able to mate is not the same in all cases as being able to reproduce. In the case of humans and Neanderthals, though, it was.

A race realist is one who recognizes and embraces the differences in races.

That is simply the definition of a racist. Hitler and his mob, too, 'embraced' the 'differences' between races. What they didn't embrace were the races themselves.

This is what happened to the Neanderthals in the Neolithic era: "societies were "patrilocal," meaning that males tended to stay put in one place while females moved in from other areas to mate with them. A number of recent genetic studies have shown similar patterns among early European farmers. "The signatures from these skeletons reinforce other indications of male-dominated descent and even land inheritance," Bentley says, adding that such social inequalities "only grew in extent and scale" over the course of history."

'Patrilocality' remains the standard mating pattern for the vast majority of the human race. Property tends to descend in the male line of inheritance; exceptions, such as the Thakkali of Nepal, the Kandyans of Ceylon and the Minangkabau of Sumatra, are relatively rare. And in traditional societies, marriages tend to be arranged. The wife leaves her parents' home and comes to live with the family of her husband.

If any members know of societies where the above is not the case, I would be interested to hear from them. Some of my own ancestors almost certainly practised matrilineage and polyandry.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

wOAH!!! This is one of my favorite topics. I love studying ancient hominids and finding out about our ancestry. This is an amazing find!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

This is all fairly recent info. I did not know that some in country Africans carried any Neanderthal or Denisovan genes! Where can I find more info on this? Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join