It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Love Child of Human, Neanderthal Found

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Discovery News is reporting that the skeletal remains of a possible human-Neanderthal hybrid have been found.

If further analysis proves the theory correct, the remains belonged to the first known such hybrid, providing direct evidence that humans and Neanderthals interbred. Prior genetic research determined the DNA of people with European and Asian ancestry is 1 to 4 percent Neanderthal.

The scientists base their conclusion on the morphology of the lower jaw, which apparently is a blend of human and Neanderthal. Additionally, the mitochondrial DNA is Neanderthal, and since this is transferred from mother to child, the scientists concluded that a female Neanderthal mated with a male Homo Sapiens.

Could this be the reason Neanderthals disappeared? Make love....not war? If so, its an interesting thought.

You can read more about Neanderthal culture at the link above. Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
All of us have around 2-4% Neanderthal DNA in us they never died off they just bred with us
as you said.
Funny though my best mates Dad who is Irish went mad when he read that the Redheaded gene is from our Neanderthal DNA, he and his clan all have red hair and he said "They are always trying to put us Irish down by saying we are cavemen"

Heck I bet that 2-4% is the best bit of our DNA

Nice find smylee

edit on 28-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That started off as such a nice article and degraded into nonsense.

I was expecting an archeological Love story, with kids coming out an' all......

Instead the story is full of half truths, conjectures and questionable theories...

The research team hints that the modern humans may have raped female Neanderthals, bringing to mind modern cases of "ethnic cleansing."

How on earth can you tell THAT from a jaw bone?

And they don't mention "Love" in the article at all

SnF.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

Instead the story is full of half truths, conjectures and questionable theories...

The research team hints that the modern humans may have raped female Neanderthals, bringing to mind modern cases of "ethnic cleansing."

SnF.

The wildest stories not only get printed, but get the grant money as well. That loud whooshing sound, is the collective spinning of all of the pre fairy tale scientists spinning in their graves

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

SnF.

I agree, that's a definite stretch to make from a jaw bone.

But, to play devil's advocate to a certain degree, don't scientists speculate and form theories? I just assumed the idea of rape was one such theory....and (this is so going to get me flamed) may not be that far-fetched. Just look at the rape statistics around the world today....is it such a stretch to think that early humans might have done the same?

Anyway, I agree with you. Lots of speculation from a jawbone.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have always wondered, if they could breed with us and have viable offspring then how can they be a different species?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Proper Scientists don't speculate, they form theories based on something.

From the Jawbone, they can tell some things, but hardly how the child was concieved.

I know what you are saying about modern statistics,

but couldn't they just have gone with the love-child romance theory?

Did they really have to debase "Caveman-love"?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Source

edit on 28/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: CAVEMAN LOVE

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

eeee those were the days
dating was so such easier

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
All of us have around 2-4% Neanderthal DNA in us they never died off they just bred with us
as you said.
Funny though my best mates Dad who is Irish went mad when he read that the Redheaded gene is from our Neanderthal DNA, he and his clan all have red hair and he said "They are always trying to put us Irish down by saying we are cavemen"

Nice find smylee

All of us do not have Neanderthal DNA.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Ok If you are not African you have Neanderthal DNA.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So does this essentially mean that HSS mated with Neanderthal? If so that does give credence to the rumour of how AIDS started. If in fact HSS x NS mated and had viable offspring this could... this could give some credence to the Race Realists out there.

edit on 28-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
So does this essentially mean that HSS mated with Neanderthal? If so that does give credence to the rumour of how AIDS started. If in fact HSS x NS mated and had viable offspring this could... this could give some credence to the Race Realists out there.

I'm not familiar with the rumor about AIDS....could you explain what you mean?

And what are Race Realists?

Sorry, idiot about these things...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Proper Scientists don't speculate, they form theories based on something.

From the Jawbone, they can tell some things, but hardly how the child was concieved.

I know what you are saying about modern statistics,

but couldn't they just have gone with the love-child romance theory?

Did they really have to debase "Caveman-love"?

Agreed.....love the caveman pic. Very appropriate!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The Rumor about aids is absurd. It states that HSS and some type of monkey (the one that carries a similar AID syndrome) mated bringing the syndrome to the HSS race and from there it is where it's at now. Esentially if HSS mated with Neanderthal then why not monkeys?

A race realist is one who recognizes and embraces the differences in races. They believe that race is more than skin deep. Often these people are deemed racist due to their beliefs (especiallyfrom the PC crowd). Walter Williams is a famous race realist. (as you'll see, I'll get flamed for even bringing it up, reinforcing the ostracism against RR)

As for the jaw bone, I believe the article stated that they extracted DNA from it. That is part of how they came to the conclusion that they did.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

as you said.

Nice find smylee

Actually I thought ALL people alive today do because of the bottle necking that occurred which has been found in all known halotypes??
If I am wrong, would you happen to have a link? I just recently became interested in genealogy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Through various studies it is believed that those of West African decent are pretty much the only peoples that do not carry any Neanderthal or Denisovan genes in their blood.
There are threads on it here on ATS. Good luck finding them though. Lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

as you said.

Nice find smylee

If I'm not mistaken You are not of %100 African decent so more than likely, like it or not, you too have Neanderthal or Denisovan somewhere in your blood. Unless of course, you dished out the thousands of dollars and have been tested to prove otherwise.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

That makes sense.

The absence of Neanderthal DNA in the genomes of the two present-day Africans indicates that interbreeding occurred after some root population of early modern humans left Africa but before the species evolved into distinct groups in Europe and Asia. Read more: www.time.com...

Time Science Link

The article says it needs only half a gram of bone material for testing to get 3 billion pairs , so I imagine a jaw bone could tell a whopper of a story!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is what happened to the Neanderthals in the Neolithic era:
"societies were "patrilocal," meaning that males tended to stay put in one place while females moved in from other areas to mate with them. A number of recent genetic studies have shown similar patterns among early European farmers. "The signatures from these skeletons reinforce other indications of male-dominated descent and even land inheritance," Bentley says, adding that such social inequalities "only grew in extent and scale" over the course of history."

LINK: www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join