It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers create ultra-thin and flexible Harry Potter-like invisibility cloak.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Researchers at the University of Texas in Austin have created a new, ultra-thin (0.15mm) Harry Potter-like invisibility cloak.

Until now most invisibility cloaks have been large cumbersome desk-mounted constructions that really stretch the definition of the word cloak. For the most part, they’re more like proof of concepts for the invisibility material being tested rather than actual invisibility cloaks. The University of Texas invisibility cloak however at just 166 micrometers thick really is a cloak in the Harry Potter sense of the word.

I wonder if this technology will ever see the light of day(No pun intended). Imagine the possibilities!

I know I want one for Xmas when/if there are perfected and made available to the general public(Not a chance)!

www.extremetech.com...

edit on 28-3-2013 by andy06shake because: Additional txt

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's only invisible to radar. It doesn't work on visible light waves. But cool find, nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

With all the ultra-high millitary tech now availble it will soon for the possibility of being very like the technology as seen in the Predator films, making for the creation of elite assassin warriors. I would think that would be a great way for the murdering of the tyrants propoganded before us. A very real and dangerous opportunity for political misuse.

new topics

join