It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog or cat in our curry: Fears over 'mystery meat' in takeaway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Well if it tastes good and didn't give anyone food poisoning maybe they should just put "mystery meat currey" on the menu and make it a daily lunch special. Lord knows I have no idea what the mystery meat on my Burrito Supreme is- but it's awfully tasty!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

i've seen many a menu that goes like this:

Chicken biryani
Lamb biryani
Prawn Biryani
Meat Biryani

it does make you wonder.. again, thumbs up for not eating meat - i would not order form such a place anyway, as mentioned by someone else earlier, if they dont care about the meat prep, they sure as heck dont care about following good veggie prep either.
for the record though, there are a great many droolsome indian, chinese etc restaurants and takeaways in the uk run by folk who cant do enough to make you a very happy eater indeed

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
It's nothing new I can remember 30 years ago a chinese restaurant opening near us and the cats in the area started going missing until they found out it was the restaurant

and how many jokes do we do about Kitten tika masala or Poodles in noodles etc, its been around as long as theres been a way to hide it and to the chinese everything is protein

In our town inspector found a dear being butchered in the kitchen of a Chinese food place.

The way they make food the meat could be anything road kill may make some a fortune since there are raccoon galore every night. No overhead pure profit..

Glad to be a vegetarian.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Well if it tastes good and didn't give anyone food poisoning maybe they should just put "mystery meat currey" on the menu and make it a daily lunch special. Lord knows I have no idea what the mystery meat on my Burrito Supreme is- but it's awfully tasty!

there yah go! As long as they STOP the lies so you KNOW what the heck your eating!

Someone could have a rat allergy!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Torchwood episode "Meat":

The episode "Meat" depicts the two aspects of Gwen's double life coming into conflict as Rhys finds himself caught up in Torchwood's investigation into a corrupt meat trade stemming from human exploitation of a stranded benevolent alien.

Wikipedia

Torchwood is a British TV show too! What is it with Brits and "mystery meat"?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

My brother in-law always joked around about SPAM mystery meat. He used to walk around his house singing "Spamy, how I love you, how I love you, my dear old Spamy."

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wish you all wouldn't be lighthearted about this matter, if you do not know -how- our kanine and feline companions are killed by these Asians. A very long time ago, I heard from somewhere that, at least in some Asian countries, they would throw the being into their vat of boiling water. Like skinning them alive, it saves time and money and it makes for faster easier work.
By the way, I am a cat parent, and if I cought wind of that where I live, I'd put on all black clothes then with some igniters on hand, at night, I'd torch every one of their resteraunts, takeouts, drycleaners, I could locate.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Be glad in Britain. They have found meat.

Here in Germany they didn't even found any DNA in some convience beef products. Not a single atom of meat!

edit on 28.3.2013 by Spartanian because: Error correction

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartanian

Originally posted by Spartanian

Be glad in Britain. They have found meat.

Here in Germany they didn't even found any DNA in some convience beef products. Not a single atom of meat!

Do you have any links (even in german) to back that up?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Let's just say I have a slight Spam addiction! lol

My fave Spam song

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

haha

I remember this one as a kid another great from montypython

The spam song, mad but funny

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This clip is absolute class!! My friend's all know how much I love Spam and I have been the butt of many monty python Spam joke's!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

Do you have any links (even in german) to back that up?

Sure. It was found on Island. Here is a link, but it's in German. Couldn't find an eglish resource.

diepresse.com.../home/panorama/oesterr eich/1343612/index.do&direct=1343612

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, I know I've been served 'Seven Treasures Alternative Meat' at a local Chinese place.

Was supposed to be chicken. One of the guys said "You know, chicken has strings in it...this doesn't have strings like chicken, or grain like beef..."

So they got a sample and took it to the health department. Turned out to be canine. Whoops! They closed the place for a while, it reopened under a new name.

Actually, Seven Treasure Dog didn't taste too bad. I've had worse.

Speaking of which, I don't know if it's still going around, but has anyone seen the cat cooking video that Stile Project had years ago? It was a Korean TV program, went from popping the kitty in the head through preparation to the table. Was pretty graphic. I wouldn't post a link here if I could find it, but it's likely still out there somewhere.

eta: don't go to the Stile Project site, it's become dangerous in terms of viruses and the like

edit on 28-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My fave Spam song
reply to post by Logos23

I don't dare let my brother in-law know about that Spam song. He'll be singing it around his house and his wife will never let me hear the end of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Considering how many people love to make fun of Spam, we could probably start an entire thread on the subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

hahaha...it IS a tad catchy...I have to stifle the urge to break out in song whenever I see it on the supermarket shelve's

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Considering how many people love to make fun of Spam, we could probably start an entire thread on the subject.

Bloomin heck.... don't encourage me! The conversation regarding Spam the "Mystery Meat" has endless possibilities!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Proud to be Jamaican -- free curry whenever I want!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't understand the aversion to horse.
The more I read up on horse the more delicious it sounds.
Many liken the taste as superior to cow meat.

However I'll pass on the mystery meat.

I'm no Zimmerman.
edit on 28-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join