It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Sounds like a pretty good deduction...based on that.

I'm pretty sure next week will be all about Dani and her slave city, Sansa and Tyrion's wedding, and Brienne's bear pit.

Then just one more episode, with the following one being the Red Wedding (Rains of Castamere)

Yes, this week's is The Bear and the Maiden Fair so it definitely has the bear pit and Jamie. Dani should also meet Daario and next week is Second Sons so it probably deals with the siege of the slave city.

edit on 10-5-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Last night's episode was a bit weak.

Too much time is being spent on Theon's torture when there is room for more of the main storyline's; Arya, Dani, Jon, Tyrion.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I haven't seen it yet. The show could easily write Theon out of the rest of the story, so not sure why they'd dwell on his torture. His role, even in the books, after this point is minimal at best.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I haven't seen it yet. The show could easily write Theon out of the rest of the story, so not sure why they'd dwell on his torture. His role, even in the books, after this point is minimal at best.

Agreed. He disappears for several books before returning broken. They could have kept to the storyline and gave a few flashbacks to his transformation to Reek. There is so much more to explore with the primary characters and their respective storylines that he is a rather large waste of screen time. Hell, they could have ditched him altogether and kept the Edric/Gendry plot concurrent with the books with the time they used.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Just watched it last night, and seems that each scene was more of a setup (other than Brienne's bear pit rescue). Man, that captor is cruel to Theon, hehe... But yeah, I just don't see why the show is keeping him involved at this point.

I have to wonder why the show is ignoring some of the fashion ideas from the books though. For example, in Qarth, the style of dress was to bear one breast...seems a good excuse for more T&A for HBO, but more than that, it really defines it as a different place. Likewise, the current slave city (in the books) was known for it's oiled hair in strange designs. Again, it helps to identify the city's uniqueness, but they didn't go there in the show. ???

Gendry knows he's Robert's bastard now. I haven't read the very last book yet, but at least until that point, he isn't aware of it, so I'm wondering where the show is going with this.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Just watched it last night, and seems that each scene was more of a setup (other than Brienne's bear pit rescue). Man, that captor is cruel to Theon, hehe... But yeah, I just don't see why the show is keeping him involved at this point.

Me too. You do however find out in A Dance with Dragons all the digit removal he has gone through.

I have to wonder why the show is ignoring some of the fashion ideas from the books though. For example, in Qarth, the style of dress was to bear one breast...seems a good excuse for more T&A for HBO, but more than that, it really defines it as a different place. Likewise, the current slave city (in the books) was known for it's oiled hair in strange designs. Again, it helps to identify the city's uniqueness, but they didn't go there in the show. ???

Great point. It would go a long way to making the slave cities appear more non-Westeros. Also their customs are less 'civilized' then the Westorosi so it would make them appear more barbaric and alien.

Gendry knows he's Robert's bastard now. I haven't read the very last book yet, but at least until that point, he isn't aware of it, so I'm wondering where the show is going with this.

Totall at a loss on this one. It differs significantly from the book, particularly with Tyrion and Jorah's fates and future interactions. The only thing I cna think of is they were trimming plot and characters for financial reasons.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

They went too damn far!!!

LOSE"S his manhood???

I am at a loss as what that adds to the overall story.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah that whole Theon added story is kinda dragging on and not needed?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 14-5-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Cruel indeed...that whole torture scene was disturbing.....there's only one awful little king that could possibly deserve such a horrible fate.....

Having not read the books this is all new to me, and I'm really enjoying watching the various story lines unfold...can't wait for next week !

Would have loved to see the interesting hair styles that were described in the books, seems a missed opportunity...lol....heck they could hire my daughter and her friends to come up with some wild stuff at very affordable salaries........I Love all the beautiful braid designs in Daenery's hair...one of my favorite characters....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
From the title of the next episode "The Second Sons", it seems the main theme will be Dani taking over the slave city. (The Second Sons is the name of one of the mercenary companies hired by the city). Should be some good action there. The rest will likely be more setup though...unless they show Tyrion and Sansa's wedding. In a sense, this would fit the title as well, since Tyrion is Tywin's "second son".

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am at a loss as what that adds to the overall story.

I think the writers think we (the audience) have a lot more venom than we really do towards Theon. In reality, most of our venom is all for the wicked boy king, and although he'll eventually get what's coming to him, may not be this season.

My boy Tywin sure rolled like a Boss last episode though, didn't he? Walking right up to Jeoffrey seeming indifferent to his wishes, hehe... That was beautiful to watch.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My boy Tywin sure rolled like a Boss last episode though, didn't he? Walking right up to Jeoffrey seeming indifferent to his wishes, hehe... That was beautiful to watch.

Tywins kids, and Jeoffery are just his puppets, yeah it was nice to see that spoiled brat put in his place.
edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Overall a pretty good epsiode. Some differences from the books (not sure how the whole Gendry thing will eventually play out) but the main plot lines seem to be moving in the right direction.

And I'm sure Gazrok loved the bathtub scene.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

LOL I thought the same thing about GAZ at the bathtub scene! too funny

I liked that episode, And I have no idea what they are doing with Gendry, but I actually think the books lost his story a bit, so its good the TV writers are bringing it in more.

Melisandre is a naughty lass isn't she?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hehe, yep, did love that scene (and the red priestess' scene too....cruel, cruel, cruel....she could have at least let him have the fun before....)

Good person to play Dario...he'll certainly have the female audience enthralled. Love how they kept the detail of his weapons at least. Made him unique.

The Gendry departure is refreshing, just because it's nice not knowing what to expect, as it's off book. They made Sansa and Tyrion's wedding a lot less disturbing. Not sure if that is a good thing, but I think it is. In the books, Tyrion's whore was content to be on the side, but in the show, she isn't, but seemed pleased that the bedsheets indicated no deflowering took place.

It is actually one of the things that makes this show so good...the acting that is done without words, but gestures and expressions. Last night's episode is a showcase for it. If you doubt it, watch it again, this time looking at how much is communicated without the actor even uttering a word. THIS is what makes some great television.

Whatever you do, don't miss next week's episode!!! (and the season finale the following week, of course). Something extremely major is going to happen during one of those two episodes, something just as shocking as when Ned Stark's head rolled....(at least shocking to viewers who haven't read the books).
edit on 20-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Good person to play Dario...he'll certainly have the female audience enthralled. Love how they kept the detail of his weapons at least. Made him unique.

I agree. Good casting and costume all around.

The Gendry departure is refreshing, just because it's nice not knowing what to expect, as it's off book. They made Sansa and Tyrion's wedding a lot less disturbing. Not sure if that is a good thing, but I think it is. In the books, Tyrion's whore was content to be on the side, but in the show, she isn't, but seemed pleased that the bedsheets indicated no deflowering took place.

And they made her older as well.

Whatever you do, don't miss next week's episode!!!

Sadly, it's two weeks due to the Memorial Day holiday.

(and the season finale the following week, of course). Something extremely major is going to happen during one of those two episodes, something just as shocking as when Ned Stark's head rolled....(at least shocking to viewers who haven't read the books).

Split second preview if you were quick enough to catch it.

Edit to add:

The official HBO synopsis:

Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully.

edit on 20-5-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
LOL I thought the same thing about GAZ at the bathtub scene! too funny

We're all just a bunch of pervs.

Melisandre is a naughty lass isn't she?

She's my kind of evil high-priestess.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We're all just a bunch of pervs.

No the show writers, and casters are.

Not really based on acting skills but how good they look out of their clothes.

Geoffery needs to die a horrible,painful,agonizing death.

Cuts off Starks head, kills that woman practicing his archery skills, and then wants to rape the Stark daughter.

When his uncle pulled that knife, and said what he said that was awesome

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, the show writers are greatly taming the pedophilia, rape, and incest that is in the books. No doubt George RR Martin likely has some unresolved sexual identity issues with his mom and sisters....
One of his sisters' names is similar to Dani's and the beautiful Tyrel queen's name is very similar to his mother's.

As for perving, you have to admit those scenes wouldn't have worked without at least suggested nudity. Her rising out of the bath in front of Dario was meant both to disarm him and to show she is fearlessness of him. The priestess of course, was seducing the lad, so some nudity was a given.

Damn on waiting for the holiday....
Next episode should be awesome.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join