It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Too soon?

Hahaha!

Was a pretty cool episode but am not overly impressed with the season so far. Some random flashes of genius and a lot of filler.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They should have gone to 12 episodes a season.

I was thinking more like 24 even the most god aweful tv shows go on for ever.

The really good ones are too short.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Fat Sam has a Big FAT Valerian Steel Sword.

That's all

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

That was literally the only part of that episode that mattered.

The rest was just filler.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well that episode was too short.

Damn the High Sparrow.

Damn him.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A lot of old faces popped up in this episode. The treacherous Freys, Edmure Tully who's been sitting in a Frey dungeon since season 3, Benjin Stark who's been MIA since season 1, and mentions of the Blackfish and the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Looks like they're doing the Cold Hands story arch after all with Benjin. I wonder if Lady Stoneheart is going to make an appearance...

edit on 30-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've only started watching this season, and wondered if I was way too late to even consider it. I've enjoyed reading this thread for some clarifications and tidbits, though, so I thought I'd say hi.

Heretofore there was -- in my mind,

The tragic little blind girl

The handsome little fellow who makes me laugh by saying things like "It's what I do. I drink, and I know stuff". (I want his job)

And that guy who gets dragged around everywhere. I want him to get up off his ass.

And now *sniff* Hodor.

I'm trying though. I can see how addictive it is, although no Breaking Bad, it's perhaps close.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

There was a lot of set up in that episode. I am looking forward to the Arya/Waif showdown and the Jamie/Blackfish battle.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I cheered when she got back needle! She's going to kick her arse snd I suspect Arya goes back to Westoros as our little resident Ninja, traveling with the actors maybe?

I love Richard E Grant is in the troupe, I hope she travels with them.

I think Blackfish will defeat Jamies army and then head to winterfell for that battle, I suspect the great battle with the Walking dead is actually at Winterfell. In the book I assume that Ladystoneheart was involved in the retaking of Riverrun and she gets to kill Jamie (in the book) but in the show he is saved by Brienne, or faces off with Brienne. The river storyline is about Jamie and Brienne meeting up again, or possible for the sister swords Widow maker and Oath keeper to reunite after battling each other.

We need LSH to kill the hell out of Walder Frey, he hosted the red wedding and is still breathing. the tv show moved on with no thought on it.

I wander if they will bring LSH into the tv show where Jamie seems to have been forgiven for shagging his sister and throwing Bran out of the window, Caetlyn is what drives the hatred for the Lannisters in the books, that theme is weak on tv .

edit on 31-5-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Welcome to the mad world of Swords and boobies!

How amazing joining the show so far in!
Your perspective on people without seeing their earlier character might tell us how much the TV show forgives characters

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I don't think we will ever get Stoneheart but I agree this is an opportunity to reunite Jamie and Brienne. I frankly think, being that this is Martin, there is going to be some eventual tragedy with them.

I also think we could see the Blackfish/Winterfell/BWB army join up with the Bolton/Lannister/Frey group in some combination once the Others breech the Wall.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Episode 8 synopsis, No One, is out:

Tyrion finds cause for concern. Cersei prepares for the worst. Sansa takes control. Arya is not alone.

As is Episode 9, The Battle of the Bastards:

Ramsay surprises his audience. Jon retaliates. Dany is true to her word.

And the Episode 10 title, The Winds of Winter which clocks in at 69 minutes.

edit on 31-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

How amazing joining the show so far in!
Your perspective on people without seeing their earlier character might tell us how much the TV show forgives characters

I find it odd too that I can even enjoy it being so far in the dark, but so far I do. Meh, I'm sure I'll never understand all the relationships and intricacies, but thankfully I don't have to be tested on it! But I'm with you guys on "atonement" and the High Sparrow. That guy's the one who needs to 'atone'. I hope they make him walk naked in the streets. Pfft.

Thanks for your insights -- I'll be reading them.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just when you forgot about the guy with warts on his dick... you read this post.

edit on 31-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hold the door ...

Just finished ep. 5 ...

Not listenening .. nanana na na not listening ....

😎
edit on 1-6-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think zazz nailed it. Can't wait to see.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What they do with Arya will be interesting to watch.

If the many face god will allow it.

She didn't know about the mockery of her fathers death.

She has absolutely no idea that her siblings are still alive.

Shes already had a second chance.

Is there really any going back for her ?

Apparently not.

They gonna try to kill her.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You should check out. Sword, and Sorcerer then.

Movie Classic although not Game of Thrones level.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

One better, Hawk the Slayer!

Such cheesy Swords and Sorcery goodness.....

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Episode 10 synopsis just released:

A queen comes forth. Euron reveals himself. Brienne meets a friend turned foe. King’s Landing awaits justice. The Night’s Watch gathers.

Sounds like very little will be resolved and that it will be a major cliff hanger all around. Hopefully they tie up one or two plotlines and not have everything on hold until next April.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join