It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Lets face it though, the books are full of (what we would consider in this timeframe) pedophilia. By using older actors, it is much less creepy.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

thank god they did make them older. keeping the incest storyline is vile enough to watch or read .

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
thank god they did make them older. keeping the incest storyline is vile enough to watch or read .

The incest storyline only involves Jamie and Cersei.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Not really, Dani always expected to wed her brother, and there are countless references to it. In the book, Sansa is only 12 when she gets married (won't say to whom), so lots of references to a girl being a woman once she "flowers". No doubt, the author is a dirty old man, who only gets away with it by basing it loosely in a medieval style world. It is awkwardly funny listening to the audio books though. The narrator is English, and does an excellent job of changing voices, but narrating the sex scenes is a bit awkward and funny.

Here's to hoping Dani's lesbian encounter is in the next episode though...should be, if it is included, due to timeframe.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

haha, i know where you are at... me and the gf did the season one boxed set (we hadnt seen it on telly but had read all the books released up til then) in one night with "treats", t'was class but a very long night

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I confess the only reason I watch GOT is the ice zombies

not because of naked people in every episode
not because of dragons
not because its nothing but politics just with swords.

But none of the above hurts.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Not really, Dani always expected to wed her brother, and there are countless references to it.

Right, but it is only alluded to in the book as she must be delivered to Drogo as a virgin.

In the book, Sansa is only 12 when she gets married (won't say to whom), so lots of references to a girl being a woman once she "flowers".

I am pretty sure she was 13 going on 14 when it happens but without out getting into too much detail and spoiling it we know how the intimate aspects played out.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

She tells him she'll be 13 on her next moon day (so 12 on the night of her wedding)....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

She tells him she'll be 13 on her next moon day (so 12 on the night of her wedding)....

I believe you. Someone needs to correct the fansite however....

Not wishing to lose their hostage, Tywin Lannister acts quickly to marry Sansa to Tyrion Lannister against the wishes of both parties. Sansa, now thirteen, does her best to hide her feelings toward her disfigured dwarf husband, remaining courteous to him despite her disgust with his physical appearance. Tyrion does not require that she consummate the marriage, for which Sansa is grateful... awoiaf

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Funny thing is, I was just at that part of the book the day I posted it.
That's the only reason I remembered it so well.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It was cool to see last night's episode, as I had only recently read that part of the books. Of course, how the slavers didn't see that coming....
I mean....
I liked the way the show showed the surprise of the slaver though, when he saw Dani spoke Valyrian.

Different twist with Sansa, than the books. Will be interesting to see if that plays out differently. I kind of hope it does..

Once again, Tywin proved to be the Mac Daddy... I love how even Cersei was scared to death of him, and you could tell (great acting, just by expressions). I also love how he chastised her for not being as smart as she thinks she is. Classic.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I haven't watched the episode yet, because it hasn't aired in the UK, but I know the bits you mean having read the books previously, and Dani is really coming into her role as Queen from here-on I feel.

And Sansa, I am interested to see how this pans out, since things are kinda already off kilter storyline wise.

I'm most looking forward to Arya and Bran's storylines though. When season 4 kicks off, it's gonna be a belter.

Dracarys

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

She was very queen-like in last night's episode, so you won't be disappointed.

So far, Arya's storyline is pretty close to the books for the most part, I think.

Of course, the Red Wedding is supposed to be this season. I can't help but think that may turn off viewers not familiar with the books....but I suppose we'll see.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Winter is Coming.......,
Oh indeed temperatures are dropping lately.

I hope we are not experiencing a small Ice Age.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yeah wasn't really all that keen on the blonde with dragons but last episode of GOT she's growing on me.

Wintering is coming.........so is the Dragon Queen.
edit on 22-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wintering is coming.........so is the Dragon Queen.

Hehe...that is a LOT funnier to those who've read the books, knowing what is next for the Queen, hehe.....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Have to be a Game of Thrones fan for these....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Lets face it though, the books are full of (what we would consider in this timeframe) pedophilia. By using older actors, it is much less creepy.

I read this and was like, "Whoa, what?! Is it?!" and then thought about it and I guess you're right in a sense. I think Martin tried to keep relationships "medieval" in terms of lordships, royalty etc where it was pretty normal to marry off young daughters etc once they'd come into womanhood, regardless of age.
The way they saw it, once a girl had menstruated, she was a woman, and therefore able to bear children.

And the incest thing, yeah, it's not just Jaime and Cerci but also, as you said, Dani and Viserys. It was pretty much confirmed in the last book where Dani is hallucinating and he appears to her, and tells her that they were to wed once he had used the Dothraki for his army, and that she would have born him children with the white hair and purple eyes of the Targaryens.
He also did come across as very sexual towards her, their very first on scene appearance, he touches her breasts, and in the book cruelly twists her nipple. I have no doubt that if he had had his way, he would have quite happily raped her, he seemed to me to be almost a deviant.
And he was clearly also already insane.
Quite a few people mention in the books that the Targaryens wed brother to sister, and this inbreeding was what lead to their insanity (and their downfall imo).

There is more I want to say about things I have thought about the Targaryens in general, but I have to go pick up my son from school, so I shall save it for now...
edit on 24-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

gold gaz

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For those who haven't read the books, this season is about to get REALLY intense....

Expect to see a lot of characters die, important ones.
Weddings are quite dangerous.

But it will no doubt be the most exciting season yet of the show.

And Sansa, I am interested to see how this pans out, since things are kinda already off kilter storyline wise.

This is actually pretty easy to get back on track, with Littlefinger having two feather beds on his ship. Taken from there, it can go back to the books.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join