It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My money is on him saying that.

That's going to be one hell of an episode.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I wonder if they're switching up the story line, in essence delaying what's ahead in the books. It was nice to be surprised though. My husband was asking me what was up with the ceremony of Others and Craster son. He was like what do you mean you don't know! Haha!

Apparently the show is going to end before the series is finished. This is a extremly disappointing as I've read and cherished ASOIAF for years and would rather discover the end of the story by reading the words GRRM has put to paper.
edit on 30-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
I wonder if they're switching up the story line...

They sure did this week with Craster's. They should have changed the name of the keep to Filler.

I predicted to my wife that Bran would warg into Hodor who would then Hodor someone(s) to death.

I did like the Pod/Brienne relationship.

Still waiting on the discovery of Jorah and Balon's triple lindy.

Looks like no Coldhands either.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Diggin' the Brienne/Pod dynamic too, even though it differs from the book a bit.

Hopefully Coldhands eventually makes an appearance, got all excited about week before last thinking that was him.

I have a theory on why they changed the Daario actor too, I think he's someone that has been missing since Game of Thrones (book) and the new actor looks more the part of the one that's missing. Still miss Daarios blue hair "disguise."

Glad Bran and Jon didn't meet face to face, can't believe the storyline changed on that one. Sam never tells Jon in the books.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Hopefully Coldhands eventually makes an appearance, got all excited about week before last thinking that was him.

From what I read elsewhere this character has been written out.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Let's face it, the show is pretty awash in characters as it is. Not surprising they'll combine the actions of some. They seem to be escalating the whole Sansa storyline though (skipping going to Littlefinger's holdings, and right to Lysa's).

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
They seem to be escalating the whole Sansa storyline though (skipping going to Littlefinger's holdings, and right to Lysa's).

It would appear that some of the extraneous storylines are being dropped in the sake of expediency. I don't have a big problem with them accelerating this one or Dany's. Hopefully she'll get an order of shepherd fries soon so we can move her along as well.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
From the preview, I think you're going to get your wish (mine too). BOTH of those storylines were way too drawn out in the books (in my opinion, though I get the slow build too). Doesn't work on TV at all though, so glad they seem to be speeding it up.

Just get to the battle at Castle Black already....and Tyrion's "trial"... Those are both going to be some good fights!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

....and Tyrion's "trial"... Those are both going to be some good fights!

That was a fantastic scene, I really enjoyed how they played that.

And we got to see Stannis the Mannis Jefferson make good at the Iron Bank (well, at least Ser Davos).

And what was with that odd Reek/Asha encounter. More filler I don't need.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have to catch it on demand. Came home last night to find that my cat had been playing back there and unplugged the cable box again, so it didn't record! Dammit! LOL.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I have to catch it on demand. Came home last night to find that my cat had been playing back there and unplugged the cable box again, so it didn't record! Dammit! LOL.

Send that kitty to the Wall.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Would probably come back as a white walker.....

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That Reek/Asha thing didn't seem to make sense at all, other than maybe some closure for Asha. I just can't believe a shirtless guy survived that encounter with armored men (nor understand why Asha's people didn't gut the dogs the second them came in).....they could have barked out in alarm.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I just can't believe a shirtless guy survived that encounter with armored men (nor understand why Asha's people didn't gut the dogs the second them came in).....they could have barked out in alarm.

yeah, that was a bit beyond belief. And Ramsay and his crew ended up exchanging places with the Ironborn so they could easily escape. Totally pointless encounter.

Looking forward to Sansa and her Aunt's confrontation.

Now that Casey has been found I put in a long distance request, R. Kelly's 'I Believe I Can Fly' from Alayne Stone to Sweet Robin's Mommy.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Funny. I'm still waiting for the fight showdown though, the Prince and the Mountain. And a return to Castle Black. And what about Lady Stoneheart? They hinted at it last season, but no visiting there yet.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Can't wait for her! Hopefully she will make an appearance by the season finale.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Funny. I'm still waiting for the fight showdown though, the Prince and the Mountain. And a return to Castle Black. And what about Lady Stoneheart? They hinted at it last season, but no visiting there yet.

That should be episode eight which is titled The Mountain and the Viper.

Speculation for Stoneheart is that it might be next episode. My cousin has been out on maternity leave for the past year so I can't ask her anything.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I thought this was a very good episode. Good pacing and set up for the upcoming events while still delivering the big moments. I particularly like the Arya/Hound scenes.

Curious who is going to take the fall for Auntie since Marillion is not in the picture. Maybe Mord?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah, that was fun to watch. Glad they aren't dragging that out. (the whole Littlefinger/Lyssa thing). Like you though, no patsy to pin it on...so I'm assuming they'll go with a suicide leap or accident maybe?

I'm wondering if this recent wound of the Hounds is how they are going to make them part ways. Would roughly follow the book in spirit anyhow. Was fun watching Arya get revenge on that guy after getting his name. She should have said though, "A girl needs a name..."

Another big departure, Brianne seems to know right where to find where Sansa is and where Arya is going. Will be interesting to see that play out.

Kind of weird to see another actor play the Mountain, but damn, this guy really lives up to the role. He's insanely huge. 6'9" and 419lbs.!!!

On the last actor:

Strangely enough, original actor Conan Stevens left ‘Game of Thrones’ for a role as Bolg in the ‘Hobbit‘ trilogy, though Peter Jackson ultimately opted for a CG incarnation of the character, rather than the more intricately designed version with the actor in full makeup. Read More: 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: First Look at New "Mountain" | screencrush.com... Follow Us: Facebook Visit Us At: screencrush.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I thought at the time, 'they got the casting so wrong with this guy' i'm glad he is gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join