It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this happened to anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
First topic on ATS, but I've been lurking these forums for as long as I can remember, I just recently decided to register, but that's off the subject, after all this is on the rant sub forum.

Only reason I used facebook was to talk to ONE friend, and that is because we don't have any other means of communication, so I literally had just one friend added and that was it.

When suddenly
img23.imageshack.us...
If I toggle yes
img21.imageshack.us...

What triggered them to demand a government issued I.D??? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't wanna come on as paranoid, but maybe there are certain keywords that trigger big brother to look into you.

I'm just wondering, has this happened to anyone else?
I also notice this has been a growing trend on other sites, such as Youtube, Google now demands you to use your real name when creating an account, it requires your account to be linked to your phone number for your own safety (recovering your account if it's stolen).

I apoogize- The embedding on this thing gave me a headache >.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
No, I cannot say it has happened to me. Is there any other way to use your account? Email Facebook and tell them you would like other ways to log into your account.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
No, I cannot say it has happened to me. Is there any other way to use your account? Email Facebook and tell them you would like other ways to log into your account.

I'm not really concerned about reactivating my facebook account, as I had nothing of importance on it, I'd just like to know why they are demanding this information from me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwhiteandblue

Ask them why by messaging them. Unless they updated the terms and conditions. I find that weird to want your I.D. information.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Ask them why by messaging them. Unless they updated the terms and conditions. I find that weird to want your I.D. information.

This is what I get, sorry I can't seem to figure out the embedding
img20.imageshack.us...

Once I click on the "contact us" part, it's where it redirects me to the I.D. request page.
If I toggle yes, then this will pop up.
img21.imageshack.us...

"I understand i won't get any help with my account if I haven't uploaded a valid I.D"
edit on 28-3-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Since you and your friend obviously keep in touch via FB, you both are on the internet. Why not just use direct email accounts instead. You don't have to use FB. You can both set up hotmail or gmail accounts for free.

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I just checked my faux facebook and I'm still fine. haha.

That sounds very flakey to me. I'd be very very reluctant to act on anything you're getting told to do.

Having said that, it seems legit.

www.facebook.com...

I may have at one time entered a throwaway pre-paid mobile number so I don't get hassled.

And as I don't actually give a toss about facebook, I'm likely to never get hassled. If it was something I relied on, then I'd likely get this all the time. Just my luck.

They claim that they delete permanently any uploaded ID. ROFL.

no facebook, just no.

edit to ask.

Why can you not just use Email to talk to your one friend online? Everyone has email.

edit on 28-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

My friend who lives on farce book, told me there are some scams going around claiming to be FB, to get personal info. If you get one, report it to FB.

Here is a website that you can report a FB questionable action. It's called Facecrooks . com It has all kinds of great info on how to secure your FB account.

Report A Scam

Have you seen a suspicious link, Fan page or Facebook application?

Give us a brief description in the subject line and the web address of the suspicious item. We'll be glad to check it out.

If you are asking a question or for assistance, then be sure to include your email address.

Categories on site...

Scam Watch

Top Ten Facebook Scams To Avoid

Beware of Facebook Freebies!

Beware of Fake Facebook Fundraising Campaigns using “Likes” & “Shares”

Fake Facebook Security stating you violated a policy

Fake Facebook Profiles and Pages – the Tools of Scammers, Bullies and Thieves

Wow!! do you remember this photo? – Facebook Virus!

facecrooks.com...

Good Luck...

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Don't ever send them your ID. In fact, don't ever use your real name on Facebook, period. In the world of cyber-stalking and cyber perverts it's unsafe use your real identity online. Moreover, once you use your real identity it will forever be linked to your 'likes' and data about your personality that they aggregate and keep permanently and share with whoever they want. I repeat, don't ever use your real name on Facebook! (Or any other web site for that matter.)

If you can't get your account back without sending them an ID, just change your IP address,start over from scratch and create a new account.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yea, of course I never sent them the details they asked for, never even logged into that account again.

And it can't be some facebook scam, cause it doesn't redirect me off the facebook page, once I log in that's the first thing I saw.

Anyways, thanks for the input, if this ever happens to anyone, be sure to let me know and why you think it might of happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The suggestion that Des made to just set up e-mail accounts and stay in contact that way is a good one. If you prefer more instant communication I would suggest Skype. It is free to video call each other or you can instant message each other to your heart's content. I use Skype every day- and you don't have to provide ID.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
never happened to me and i post some pretty far out stuff on my fb. i refuse to use my real name anywhere on the internet, facebook, google and all that lot have no real info on me, my age is fake, my name is fake, my email is a disposable one, hell, they dont even have my real country lol

new topics

top topics

join