It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-2 stealth bomber conducts first-ever firing drill in Korea.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
LETS TALK ABOUT WAR.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
LETS TALK ABOUT WAR.

Ok,lets.
Let me start off with this.

War is bad,MmmMm K.

Seriously,why would anyone want or look forward to any war?
Its rare the people in power pay the price.
Its mainly the everday people who will die,along with the soldiers.

The war's true cost will never be messured in dollars,but in the hearts of every parent,and child who will lose a loved one.

Some people in this thread need there head removed from there butt.
This isnt a video game,and you arent the one who has to deal with the horrors of a war.
Stop beating the war drums.

My 2 Cents.
~Out~

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by iwan2ski

All the NK's need top detect the B2 is technology to track the heat signature.

Us Aussies spotted your test B2 when it flew over in total darkness by its heat signature so you bought our base of operations!!!
Hardly undetectable

Do you have a source for your claim?

Dude... even serbia detected them. You really need a source from australia? Seriously... Oh btw... shhh but theres this tech that a brit came up with that uses cellphone poles and tech that lights up a b2 like its a christmas tree... but dont tell anyone ok? Let them come down like meteorites like that 117 did in serbia using similar yet way less advanced tech... back in 1999...

Do you suffer from some god complex or something... nothing and no one is invulnerable specially when it comes to human ingenuity.

Like I said before... asymmetric warfare can be very special.
edit on 28-3-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Why do they need stealth bombers when they can just flick a switch and pop some ICBMs over there?
I don't believe N Korea would do anything because it would turn their country into a smoking ash pit.
Limbo

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by lnfideI

Why do they need stealth bombers when they can just flick a switch and pop some ICBMs over there?
I don't believe N Korea would do anything because it would turn their country into a smoking ash pit.
Limbo

Can we stop with the stupid nuke talk like it was nothing? nuke talk comes up so easily it seems we're talking about the next show on tv...

This is not a video game... you talk of icbms and "flick a switch and turn an entire country into a smoking ash pit" as if this was a movie or something out of a fantasy novel.

Have you ever smelled burnt human flesh? Please... think a minute before giving the order for your fingers to type crap like that.

Seriously a bit of respect for human life and bit of common sense. Or else you're no better than the demons you're trying to fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
South Korea is a very major manufacturing base right now. The question is what impact on US economy if South Korea shuts down?

The problem right now is that hi-tech manufacturing has mostly moved to East Asia. High value goods in the system are heavily dependent on vitality of East Asia manufacturing.

Factories are very susceptible to sabotage.

A war may not be so easy to handle as many people assume, given the secret role of China in the situation.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I love how nukes are on the table with everybody these days. You're killing mother nature good luck explaining that to your God.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Does anyone think NK will actually carry out their threats and start attacking SK and American Military bases?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Even if Kim nukes, it's unlikely we would use nuclear weapons back in response, it would be political suicide (we would lose any authority telling a nation they can't use/have them). A lot of time, effort, and money has been spent developing conventional weapons that can accomplish the same thing as nukes without the side effects.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I once saw a b2 fly overhead at night time and that was pretty awe inspiring... I could just barely make out the outline of it against the sky and it wasn't very far up at all. The thing that really tripped me out was how quiet it was, the only reason I noticed it at all was it had 1 big orangish/red light underneath each wing.
I have no idea how effective these things are in Modern Warfare but they are a terrifying sight when you know it could erase everything you love and then some...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The B-2 has since been upgraded. There is very little IR signature given off when it's going into combat, and the stealth/defensive systems have been upgraded several times since Serbia, although there is no evidence at all that the Serbs detected a B-2. The F-117 that was shot down had flown the same route over the course of a couple of nights, and was hit right after bomb release, when the RCS is highest, due to the open doors.

Stealth systems have advanced considerably since the 1990s, and have moved into multifrequency stealth, and visual stealth, as well as microwave. There are classified systems on board as well, that aren't used at all when flying around on ferry missions or flying over friendly countries.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Every time I think of Kim all I can see is this in my head......

Caution may make you laugh...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think it needs to be understood that a best case scenario for an all out war on the Korean peninsula is one where millions of people die. North Korea has enough artillery to absolutely level Seoul. They have a one million + strong standing army. Even with much of it poorly supported, malnourished, underequipped, and with little chance of victory, they have the capability to make a limited push across the DMZ in an effort to secure a stronger negotiating position. It would take considerable time for the U.S. to get reinforcements in-theater. The ensuing battle to push them back out, let alone depose the regime, would be bloody and costly.

There is no way that an actual war happens without a lot of people dying. It has the potential to make Iraq look like a picnic. I really hope people are not advocating that this happen.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.kfyrtv.com...

200 Airmen and B-52s Deploying today 3/28/13
edit on 3/28/13 by celticsea because: (no reason given)

from North Dakota

Sorry about the format. This is my first link.

edit on 3/28/13 by celticsea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by celticsea

It's about time for the unit out there to come home. The unit out there is from Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, and deployed there in October of last year. It's time for them to head home. Minot is heading out to replace them.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by iwan2ski

All the NK's need top detect the B2 is technology to track the heat signature.

Us Aussies spotted your test B2 when it flew over in total darkness by its heat signature so you bought our base of operations!!!
Hardly undetectable

Do you have a source for your claim?

Dude... even serbia detected them. You really need a source from australia? Seriously... Oh btw... shhh but theres this tech that a brit came up with that uses cellphone poles and tech that lights up a b2 like its a christmas tree... but dont tell anyone ok? Let them come down like meteorites like that 117 did in serbia using similar yet way less advanced tech... back in 1999...

Do you suffer from some god complex or something... nothing and no one is invulnerable specially when it comes to human ingenuity.

Like I said before... asymmetric warfare can be very special.
edit on 28-3-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

I am asking for a bona fide source that a B-2 was tracked via its thermal signature ( which is entirely different than the "Brit cellphone tech" you are referencing) not rumor or hearsay.

I am very familiar with the mechanics and circumstance of Colonel Zoltán Dani's SA-3 shootdown of Lt. Col. Dale Zelko's F-117.

Are you?

I am also reasonably well educated regarding the history of aerial warfare, including the many failed and handful of successful attempts at gaining an advantage through the application of an asymmetrical doctrine.

Are you?

The B-2 is an entirely different system and technology than the F-117, regardless I don't see the mission planners becoming complacent with a 2 billion dollar piece of hardware which was a very big part of Col. Dani's success in 1999.

Educate yourself a bit about the topic you are commenting on, my treat. From 2001.......

DETECTION OF THE B-2 STEALTH BOMBER AND A BRIEF HISTORY ON “STEALTH”

“Cell phones uncover stealth bombers.”

In early June, the news was filled with headlines such as this one. Newspapers put them at the top of the front page, magazines printed colorful diagrams, and television networks ran the story as the lead on their evening news broadcasts.

And why not? The story was irresistible. Stealth technology is the most potent symbol of America's military supremacy in the post-Cold War world.Though other nations have worked on similar technology, so far none have been as successful as the United States. For something as commonplace as cellular telephones to bring down this symbol of America’s military-industrial complex was simply too ironic for the media to resist. In almost all accounts, the technology was described as new and revolutionary, and numerous analogies to David and Goliath were drawn.

Within a week, though, the story had practically disappeared from the media. The U.S. military did not launch any crash program to counter this threat.

No systems were sold. We are left wondering: “What happened?”....

Please read the article regarding the The Roke Manor system's implications and limitations then we can have a polite conversation without need of back handed ad homs.

Edit to add a current photo of that Nork asymmetric technology you are referencing, must be their B-2 detector....

edit on 29-3-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by celticsea

It's about time for the unit out there to come home. The unit out there is from Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, and deployed there in October of last year. It's time for them to head home. Minot is heading out to replace them.

Well that makes me feel a little bit better. When my first husband was in the military and we lived on base ( not this base) during the first gulf war the planes were taking off and landing around every 10 to 15 minutes . All this talk of war makes me really jumpy.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121

Originally posted by dizziedame
I like the B2 stealth bomber.
Makes me wonder what we have that we don't know about.

IMHO this was a good move on our part.

Even a bully will back off if he knows he can't possibly win the fight.

Unless they are nuts...
But you are right think about what we don't know. First test flight SR-71 blackbird was what 1972? i think? CIA took it in 1974 made public in the late 80's? hard to believe that thing the SR-71 is over 40 years old.

Are you talking about the SR71 or the F117..?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The first missions from Whiteman to the Middle East they were able to fly them because of a $5 chaise lounge from Wal-Mart. They test flew the full mission in the simulator (all 44 hours of it), and one day one of the crew came in with one of those hideous plastic chaise lounges he had gotten from the local Wal-Mart. During the mission, he stretched it out behind the seats, and would go back and nap on it. They said it worked beautifully.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by St0mP121

If you're talking the Blackbird, you're about 20 years too late on your timeline. The Blackbirds first flew in the 50s, and came out in public a few years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join