It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready Canada... it's "haircut" time... Cyprus style

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Don't steal the Government hates competition.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Canada isn't in financial crisis and has independent banking system. Also, just opened my 3rd son's first bank account, saving account for his paper route in the RCB.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm not really all that supprized so now what do I do to avoid loosing my new house in the event of an economic collapse cant put money in the bank now, cant collect silver and gold now, what do I do to save my ass in the future??

How can I protect my hard earned money from those greedy banker thieves? Obviously they want to erase the middle class.
How much you want to bet no millionaires or billionaires and trillionares. won`t ever have there assets confiscated on the grounds it will hurt the economy.
edit on 28-3-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ahh, what a quick way to destroy confidence in the canadian banking system. Well played, you old foxes.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Canadian banks also went cap in hand to the govn`t .. to the tune of $114B. .. it wasn`t called bailout ... "liquidity support" ... while Canada may not be in immediate danger .. well the dominoes fall fast, don`t they ? a simple search found it ..
As for what to use the silver for .. mom lived through the last depression and tells me stories .. gramps was in the USA but not legally .. and so he would send care pkgs. (clothes mostly) back home and put gold and silver jewlery .. hidden in the folds and pockets ... well, whenever the taxman would show for their payments grandma would pull something of value and exchange it for the money they needed .. bartered for foods etc etc .. while I no official plan, I do want to hedge my bets, so I get some .. you know .. just in case

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

It's only speculative if you don't read. It could happen no matter how much you wish it won't.

Why Canada's economy is in trouble. I used the headline...I'm sure you can look into it further using the information in the link I provided.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Hey Canadians... may I recommend that if you have any savings in the bank, that you remove it and buy some Canadian silver Maple Leafs (or gold Maple Leafs if you can afford it) Then you won't have to worry about this.

Those leaves will be worthless if everyone takes your advice. If you are going to withdraw all of your money, buy guns, ammo, alcohol, drugs, gas, and food.... because you're gonna need it.

Don't forget tobacco. That would be like currency if things went south.

If SHTF the first thing I would do is raid tobacco and food. And various pharmaceuticals if I had time.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Arg RBC worst bank ever. If you don't like banks and what they do to people bank at a credit union. A credit union puts more money into the local economy and puts a portion of the profits in the members hands not rich investors.

At year end the members get paid a portion of the profits of the bank.

RBC is by far the greediest bank in Canada they bounced my mortgage because I was $1.00 short and charged me $50.00 for it. That was the last day I banked at the RBC. I pulled all my money out and went to the credit union, things have been real good ever since.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Our economy is quite good, just saying. This is a fear spreading thing. Canada is protected. 1. It looks after its own and has good karma that way. and 2. It could close the border and it has everything it needs, a major exporter. 3. People are still finding jobs here. 4. The RCB is Governement, therefore people's bank. When people start this nonsense its like they're trying to stir a pot.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This sucks.

Now we can't say we are better than america

Well I fired my bank last year. Haven't looked back, so now I guess is a good time to start a garden in the back yard eh..

S&F

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Our economy is quite good, just saying. This is a fear spreading thing. Canada is protected. 1. It looks after its own and has good karma that way. and 2. It could close the border and it has everything it needs, a major exporter. 3. People are still finding jobs here. 4. The RCB is Governement, therefore people's bank. When people start this nonsense its like they're trying to stir a pot.

To an extent, you are correct- however the government is a corporation, and that corporation [is owned] and has other instructions at this point- Harper is in "power" to do damage- the clean up and bedside manner will happen in the form of Justin Trudeau, I would expect. Canada has to be harmonized and ready to interact globally when the time comes- we are too sheltered.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There is no bank in Canada that is owned by the government. Quite the opposite. The banks own the government.

I would like you to prove there is a bank owned by the government. The Royal Bank of Canada is just a title just to give you the illusion its a government institution when in fact it is not.

All of Canada's money clearly states Bank of Canada not Government of Canada. The owners of the money is in fact the bank not the government.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

We have an independent banking system, which was pointed non stop, we don't have the world troubles here. We can also close the door on the nations, and all the resources we need with plenty left over to spare. Canada is in pretty darn good shape. Yes there is corruption, but its not the same level as what you're talking about.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not even going to be pulled into this nonsense.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And has anyone failed to notice this yet. We Are Not EU!

articles.marketwatch.com...
Strong Canadian economy attracting Americans
Bill Mann's Canada
Commentary: Deficit is down and “old fashioned” banking still working
edit on 28-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just a fun fact for everyone;

Ostriches do NOT bury their heads in the sand.

This tale originates from the fact that the male ostrich will dig a large hole (up to 6 to 8 feet wide and 2-3 feet deep) in the sand for the nest / eggs. Predators cannot see the eggs across the countryside which gives the nest a bit of protection. The hen as well as the rooster takes turns setting on the eggs and because of the indention in the ground, usually just blend into the horizon. All birds turn their eggs (with their beak) several times a day during the incubation period. From a distance it appears as though the bird has his/her head in the sand.

Link

All the warning signs are there. Explain to me how Canada is protecting it's citizens from a Cyprus like event...oh wait, you didn't say that, you said Canada is protected. Care to elaborate?

Please look at our economy, really look at it, and explain how our economy is so much greater than the US, we are just a couple of years behind them. Housing bubble going to burst, yup. Big bail outs at taxpayer expense, yup. Hard times getting jobs, yup. Maybe all this isn't on the same level as the US, but then again, neither is our population/economy. We will get it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Cyprus was a shock test to gauge global reaction. When the Cyprus gov. received massive resistance to the original proposal, they tweaked it to deposits over 100,000. There is not as much anger over this plan because it affects mainly the rich, however it is still theft of depositor money and the cypriots will probably go along with it, instead of making a stand against all theft regardless of the amount. That's how you get people to do your bidding, scare the crap out of them and then come back with something not nearly as scary.

So now when they roll this out in Canada, New Zealand, or wherever else they will go straight for the amount over the insured deposits which happens to be 100,000 in a lot of places. There will be little protest, because the masses will be grateful that they weren't part of the haircut.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Canadian banks are in good shape.
They still are racking up record profits
Last years first quarter profits for the top 6 banks was 5.6 BILLION

Linky: www.cbc.ca...

I don't need to worry too much I think.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I was rather surprised to find it, given how most Western nations are in debt to their eyeballs and have their very nations mortgaged several times over ....but WOW... You're not kidding. Canada is among the healthiest economies in the world right now. Second only to the Russian Federation for fiscal sanity and intelligence where debt and national spending has come.

So why the talk of stupid measures being used as last ditch panic moves elsewhere? Odd on that.. Odder still if it moves beyond idea and comes to happen without massive resistance by the Canadians. They can actually make the argument it's not necessary with a straight face. I'm not sure Americans can down here.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtbobcat
Canadian banks also went cap in hand to the govn`t .. to the tune of $114B. .. it wasn`t called bailout ... "liquidity support" ... while Canada may not be in immediate danger .. well the dominoes fall fast, don`t they ? a simple search found it ..
As for what to use the silver for .. mom lived through the last depression and tells me stories .. gramps was in the USA but not legally .. and so he would send care pkgs. (clothes mostly) back home and put gold and silver jewlery .. hidden in the folds and pockets ... well, whenever the taxman would show for their payments grandma would pull something of value and exchange it for the money they needed .. bartered for foods etc etc .. while I no official plan, I do want to hedge my bets, so I get some .. you know .. just in case

Exactly !

Thats what people don't understand is that you WILL still have to pay taxes on your property if things get bad and having a stash of say silver on hand will help you do that, ya you can grow your own food and such but when the tax man comes to the door he wont want a few pounds of potaoes to pay the tax bill.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So you are basing the future security of Canada's economy on karma? Wow... good luck with that. People didn't start this... this was pulled DIRECTLY from the 2013 budget.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join