It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready Canada... it's "haircut" time... Cyprus style

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Time to make like Si on duck dynasty and bury all my money, nickles dimes and quarters in a coffee can

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

"So, theft of a nation's citizen's funds is now just supposed to be a common practice? All over?"

a government can only steal if you let them, people in cypress laid down and took it,, if it happens here walk down to local gas station with what ever change you have fill red container empty and toss on bank holding your funds and set on fire.... before the other banks even think about going along with it , it will be over and youll feel great ^^

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What do think will be the excuse that they will use to bring this to the public?

Canada has one of the best economies in the west.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Technically we have deposit insurance on anything under $100 000. Any effect would like Cyprus be felt from the $100 000+ depositors.

Still though it is crazy to think this is being written into law! This is crazy. Once MSM & the opposition parties get a grasp on this it could lead to Canadian bank runs, further increasing the banks liquidity problems.

I am absolutely perplexed right now. This is further proof we need immediate economic & monetary reform, revoking the right for commercial banks to create purchasing power returning it strictly to our Central Bank. Public credit should be controlled by public institutions, & not serve as a method of creating purchasing power for private banks to gamble on derivatives etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ha. Times like these I'm glad im joke broke. Yeahhh livin off the over draft..
Even more glad I still have all the silver coins my dad gives each my sister n I every year for xmas.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novaisking
Technically we have deposit insurance on anything under $100 000. Any effect would like Cyprus be felt from the $100 000+ depositors.

Still though it is crazy to think this is being written into law! This is crazy. Once MSM & the opposition parties get a grasp on this it could lead to Canadian bank runs, further increasing the banks liquidity problems.

I am absolutely perplexed right now. This is further proof we need immediate economic & monetary reform, revoking the right for commercial banks to create purchasing power returning it strictly to our Central Bank. Public credit should be controlled by public institutions, & not serve as a method of creating purchasing power for private banks to gamble on derivatives etc.

If Canada did that there would be WMD's suspected and liberation for the poor and tortured population.
You get jumped in to the Bank for International Settlements gang as well as jumped out when you want to leave the gang and join the list of terrorist without a BIS central bank.

Pre 2000 this was the list of non-BIS owned countries.

Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea and Iran.

Hey look who is left in 2013 not a member of the Bank for International Settlements

North Korea and Iran... The enemy I am told over and over again...

What a joke man... END the BANKS!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Hey Canadians... may I recommend that if you have any savings in the bank, that you remove it and buy some Canadian silver Maple Leafs (or gold Maple Leafs if you can afford it) Then you won't have to worry about this.

"Agree with you there"

Have already started converting paper into silver and a small amount of gold . The 1 ounce silver bullion coins are the best deal out there atm , you can get them for 2 to 4 dollars over spot price, the only thing I am wondering is how much to convert? I mean you don't need a ton of silver sitting around lol , but you should have atleast 1000 ounces I am thinking , but if your plan is to bug out some where you would need only 20 or so ounces , you could stick them in the lining of your back pack somehow.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Anyone who tries to steal my money is gonna get hurt reeeeeeally bad

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Anyone who tries to steal my money is gonna get hurt reeeeeeally bad

Ya? Just what would you be able to do when the bank locks your bank account or takes 10 percent or more to bail them selves out with the backing of the Canadian government and military.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If they want a violent revolt then this is how to get one.....Banks will burn, bankers will hang, and anyone still defending this theft will follow there after....

This is unacceptable. I think we would all rather they fail so we can start from scratch without fiat money and fractal reserve banking....because this will just happen again if nothing changes.

I say erase it all and any loss you might suffer, you ask for in payment of bankers flesh and blood.

1 pound of flesh and all the blood that may flow from its removal.

Extreme? yes. Extreme acts of sabotage and theft of a COUNTRY /PEOPLE call for extreme punishment. I am not saying an "eye for an eye". I am saying "off with their heads"....they have done so much harm to our civilization that heads must roll.

They bring our very civilization to the verge of collapse and when faced with that extinction level event for our world, they refuse to learn a thing and keep to the grand scale theft of our life´s blood for the satisfaction of their ego.

This is now about survival. Whats next, another 10%, then another 10%, then 40, then 90....

I do not have a problem with wealthy people. I have a problem with wealthy people not content to just enjoy their wealth and lives of leisure and so seek power over free men so as to increase their fortune.

They must either leave without all that is ours and stay out, or suffer the consequences of a failed leader...death at the hands of his people he failed.

This has been the way since the dawn of time. Great responsibility goes hand in hand with power. When you fail as a leader, you must face great punishment just as when you succeed you receive great rewards.

They will literally take what is ours to give to those that have already STOLEN so much. Such is an act of war. When one man takes the bread from your mouth and that of your children, you have no issue with your God for taking it back by deadly force if necessary so as to preserve your own life and that of your loved ones. His life is yours the moment he took your life in his hands by stealing your life´s blood.

War.

edit on 28-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Probably not what you would do and just sit back and do nothing out of fear of government and military .

steal from me I will hurt you or any one who does steal from my .. some countries they will cut your hand off if you steal ..
edit on 28/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

What good is gold and silver when banks are closed and people are rioting from a total world economic collapse .

where you gonna cash it in lol . or will you trade an ounce of gold for a loaf a bread ?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Put your silver/gold in a money belt, if your backpack gets stolen/lost........
Anyway, most people will just sit at home and starve, rather than dig a well to drink, they will go thirsty, especially some religion's where the priest say's, "do not worry my child, god will provide," he wont even provide the hole to bury you in.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

This is INSANE.

Bailing out private, for-profit banks with tax payer funds is now an official policy of the government???

WHAT THE FUGG!?

Canada is finished. First getting involved in overseas conflicts, then all this pro-izrael nonsense, they expanded their "defense" budget (ie more debt) and now this.

Because Canada's taxes arent high enough already...

edit on 28-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Me gots a collectiln of Tim Horton coffee cans....Now I know what do do with them....

1- take savings out of RRSP's
2- Take money out of saving's account.
3- Fill coffee cans with money.
4- Put coffee cans in huge combination sage me gots from Gov surplus a lon time ago.
5- Burry safe in underground bunker me buits in backyard.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by daryllyn

"So, theft of a nation's citizen's funds is now just supposed to be a common practice? All over?"

a government can only steal if you let them, people in cypress laid down and took it,, if it happens here walk down to local gas station with what ever change you have fill red container empty and toss on bank holding your funds and set on fire.... before the other banks even think about going along with it , it will be over and youll feel great ^^

I'm sorry but that is utter BS. The bank is a private institution, the epitomy of capitalism. If you let capitlaism have free reign then those banks would collapse and ALL the money would be gone. The government (funded by taxpayers) is bailing out the banks. Now you can have taxpayers funding all the bailout or maybe, just maybe, you have those people who have handed over their money to a private institution to help out with the bailout.

Now things get complicated when you have masses of foriegn dodgy money (tax evasion and money laundering). Which is why the Germans are a little miffed at bailing out , essentially, Russian dirty money.

It is unfortunate for the "average" citizen who sees a bank as somewhere "safe" to put their money. But that naiveity should have gone the way of the dodo when the financial crisis in 2008.highlighted the truth about banks.

This is not about government stealing peoples money this is about government saving peoples money without handing over wads of taxpayer cash to a private firm. That would be indirect stealing. Take via tax and hand over to rich investors who invested in a failed venture..... I mean come on wake up.

The western capitalist model is broken. They (worldwide institutions and government) are busy sticking on elastoplast to save something because either they (left) believe it can be saved and joe average will not suffer too much or they (right) need it to be saved to continue to bleed money out of the system so the rich can get richer.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Great thread ...
Ya .. and in the news lately is how the National Bank has joined the " too big to fail" group of Can. banks .. meaning they have to keep 8% of deposits at the ready .. first thing I thought .. there`s trouble a brewing ..
Anyways I get my silver from first majestic b/c it comes in 1/2 ounce rounds.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtbobcat
Great thread ...
Ya .. and in the news lately is how the National Bank has joined the " too big to fail" group of Can. banks .. meaning they have to keep 8% of deposits at the ready .. first thing I thought .. there`s trouble a brewing ..
Anyways I get my silver from first majestic b/c it comes in 1/2 ounce rounds.

Half ounce rounds?! I have never seen those... I'll have to look into that

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Oh how much we love speculative titles and fear mongering threads...

Yes canadians (including me), get ready for the economical doomsday despite the fact that when the rest of the world was in recession, canadian banking system was one of the healthiest. But hey, what do I know. It says in the official 2013 Canadian Budget that SHTF pretty soon. Buried deep in hundreds of pages long report is the warning for the days to come. So get ready

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The easiest way to avoid the issue completely is to get legislation in place where if your bank is failing it's assets are seized by the government and all the assets of everyone associated with the running of the bank. A government appointed group could then bring the bank back to life using good banking practices instead of by stealing people's money.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join