It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My sins were paid in full" Why christians bring about the end of the world!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

For one thing I don't consider it a "free" ticket. It cost the Lord everything, including His life. Secondly, I don't see myself as better than anyone else, I've made just as many mistakes in my life as the next fellow.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by AQuestion

Technically, according to some, all you need is one day as a Christian under your belt and you're good to go when you go.

Only so much can be done in a day one would think, god took 6 days.

Dear Turq1,

The question is not how much time needs, the question is what was truly in their heart. Saying the name and believing he died for you is simply not enough.

I suggest re-reading Romans 10:9-10. And secondly, do you suppose that you might be confusing salvation with sanctification?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

I will reread a few times. It will not change my answer. There is only one unforgivable sin, plenty of sins, more than I can count; but, only one that God does not forgive. Do you not know which one that is? I believe you do.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Who was talking about the unforgivable sin??

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

False premises

Since you believe someone died for your sins. It makes sense that all your sins the ones you've already committed and the ones you will commit have already been forgiven. So it's done you have a free ticket into heaven.

Lead to false conclusions

This type of logic is why Christians will doom us all! Especially if they believe in killing people to go to a place where murder is not allowed!

If your premise had been correct

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, Hebrews 10:26

You could have come up with a correct conclusion

but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Hebrews 10:27

Will the consolidated world religion have a Christian flavour? Certainly. Will it be Christianity based upon the gospel given to this world? Absolutely not. A lie is not the Truth. But a good lie appears to be close to the truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I take it the OP is interpreting scripture in a very shallow manner. For it not like that at all. What it means is that Forgiveness frees our minds, God's, and our own forgiveness of self and others, and its quite a process, not just a bubble gum machine, where the person is struggling with things, (anger issues, various flaws) and attempting to turn their lives around. Its not about addictions to bank robbery, and not sure those would even fall into the same category, for that is people making real train wrecks of their lives.

However, all are called to forgiveness, and to the work to progress, to grow, to improve their souls, to help others.

The gnostics and many others believe in a soul trap system, with karma. Christ came and cleared out that we believe foolish nonsensical things For its all about learning and growing. He wrote with his finger in the sand to ask them: What do you really know about anything? What do you really know about anyone? And when they murdered an innocent man, karma was shown to be the lie it is.

Turn all negatives to positive, and run the race of doing just that.

That is what Christians are doing, though there are levels of people going to Church. There are those forced and tuning it out and just clinging to a few popular ideas, without understanding, there are those called to Church after having miracles in their lives and feeling Spirit, who are striving for Family and Love and trying to perfect themselves.

But the ones just tuning out, aren't the authority on Christianity. Nor are the fundamentalists, they're new kids on the block and interpreting with very narrow blinders on.

Yet when you're trying, it doesnt matter how many times you fall off the bike, you keep on trying to pedal without the training wheels. There is no limit to Forgiveness. But it is a conscious effort to grow up.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have a feeling that the OP was just trying to stir the pot because they immediately abandoned their thread......lets just let it die its quick death......

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I was a christian when I was younger; actually, I was a fundamentalist.

Not a christian anymore. Agnostic. I can't be an atheist because I can't prove the non-existence of God. Sure, I can show a lack of support evidence for God, but I can't prove a negative.

But I do believe that we're at our core animals. We're no better than the rest of the animals on this planet. For a God to discriminate us so obsessively as is apparent in the bible doesn't sit well with me. It's a very wrathful God. In my opinion, the God of the bible is too human. I think only a human could be so judgmental. This leads me to believe that if there's any truth to the bible it has been reinterpreted by people and thus it's corrupted and cannot be trusted.

I would trust my heart. And my heart tells me that none are condemned. There's no hell and there's no heaven. There might be nothing after death except worm food and 6 feet under.

Do I care what ants do? Do I judge them and condemn some to hell? Perhaps. I've been known to squish a few, but it was only circumstance, not wrathful judgment. If I could rewind this world I'd unkill everything I've killed. I believe we're trapped in this reality and it's physical torment. If I could get us all out and into a better place I would, but I cannot. For whatever reason, we're stuck here and have to work through it. Maybe we can figure out a way to break the laws that imprison us.

I think if there's a hell we're already existing inside it. It's a reality that forces us to make quick choices with limited information. It's seemingly constructed to create conflict and disorder. Some people will point to what they think are optimistic things like helping others or a beautiful natural scene or the love that people can feel in their hearts, but I always see not simply these things but the reverse. I see the hate and the greed and the destruction and the ignorance and the impossibility of preventing conflict. I see a goodness that's shallow. I see a reality tha'ts two-faced. To me they're inseparable. They're illusions. What does this mean? I am not sure.

I think it has something to do with the idea of a reality that has more than one conscience. Somehow inertia and conservation of energy and multiple consciences are to "blame".

For me, life is a struggle to see this reality in some constructive way. A way that keeps me optimistic that maybe there's a purpose to all this and it's not just another rat race.

I think the other lifeforms on our planet are going through something similar. In this way, it's heartwarming because I know nothing is alone. But neither can I fix it. I can only feel it. I picture in my mind the millions and billions (and more) of creatures dying every single day. In all that carnage, I see our hopeless predicament. I cast a prayer to a bird or a squirrel or a random thign, but know that in the next moments it could be killed. The same applies to me and every other person.

The creatures are us if we were in their circumstances. The idea that intelligence is some sort of physics like the interactions between inertia and gravtiy brings me some good feelings. Maybe all this is is just a process. If true, intelligence is probably widespread in the universe and cannot be easily eradicated, since it's a primal force of nature like gravity and inertia. Consequently, our deaths, even if our whole planet were destroyed, is only a blip in the universe of life bearing places. Everything that constitutes us exists elsewhere. We're redundant. So we don't really die at all.

It just is. There's no why.
edit on 28-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join