It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My sins were paid in full" Why christians bring about the end of the world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Since you believe someone died for your sins. It makes sense that all your sins the ones you've already committed and the ones you will commit have already been forgiven. So it's done you have a free ticket into heaven.

So I ask, why do you car eto follow rules and regulations? Why do you care about remaining moral and trying to be better then everyone else?

There sins have already been forgiven aswell so they will be in heaven with you! Yet your better then they are?

Jesus died for everyones sins! So who are we judging?

Why do we care whether or not someone breaks the law and why do we not break the law as we see fit?

I mean were all going to heaven! Jesus died for everyone!

So with this mans death I see no reason to care about anything anymore!

This type of logic is why Christians will doom us all! Especially if they believe in killing people to go to a place where murder is not allowed!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How ironic to think that people believe they had to kill there savior in order to sin! Yet they judge others on sins they committed. Yet they believe sins have already been forgiven upon someones death.

Now imagine if these same groups of people believed they had to kill this guy AGAIN to go to heaven!

Are we the only sane thinking people here?
edit on 27-3-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsweetNspiceyX
Since you believe someone died for your sins. It makes sense that all your sins the ones you've already committed and the ones you will commit have already been forgiven. So it's done you have a free ticket into heaven.

So I ask, why do you car eto follow rules and regulations? Why do you care about remaining moral and trying to be better then everyone else?

There sins have already been forgiven aswell so they will be in heaven with you! Yet your better then they are?

Why do we care whether or not someone breaks the law and why do we not break the law as we see fit?

This type of logic is why Christians will doom us all! Especially if they believe in killing people to go to a place where murder is not allowed!

Dear XsweetNspicy,

I disagree with your description of Christian beliefs. All sins were paid for, that does not mean all are saved. As for why we should try and be better people, Paul answered that. Saying the name and bowing your head does not save you. It says that many will come to Jesus calling his name and he will say that he never knew them, not because they missed a rule; but, because they did not love others. As for good works, they do not save anyone; but, anyone who is saved with a heart that wishes to do good. Those who follow the rules just to be saved and don't love others are just as condemned.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

Yes, Jesus did indeed die for the sin of the world, BUT the key to this is accepting him as your savior, growing a personal relationship with him through his teachings, and along with that comes attempting to live a righteous and Christ like life, which includes being a moral and ethical person.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Technically, according to some, all you need is one day as a Christian under your belt and you're good to go when you go.

Only so much can be done in a day one would think, god took 6 days.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by XsweetNspiceyX

Dear XsweetNspicy,

I disagree with your description of Christian beliefs. All sins were paid for, that does not mean all are saved. As for why we should try and be better people, Paul answered that. Saying the name and bowing your head does not save you. It says that many will come to Jesus calling his name and he will say that he never knew them, not because they missed a rule; but, because they did not love others. As for good works, they do not save anyone; but, anyone who is saved with a heart that wishes to do good. Those who follow the rules just to be saved and don't love others are just as condemned.

All sins are paid for yet not all are saved. Last I remember we are not supposed to be judgemental so should we expect less of god? NO! This means there is no chosen!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Yes, Jesus did indeed die for the sin of the world, BUT the key to this is accepting him as your savior, growing a personal relationship with him through his teachings, and along with that comes attempting to live a righteous and Christ like life, which includes being a moral and ethical person.

Wouldn't you agree that that's idol worship as your worshipping what was once a flesh and blood enitity rather then the universe or nature as a whole.

Wouldn't you also agree Jesus died because he upset the balances of power in the lands. Meaning no more governments!

If jesus was alive today wouldn't it make sense to kill him so that the elites remain in power?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Technically, according to some, all you need is one day as a Christian under your belt and you're good to go when you go.

Not being Christian is a sin. That sin was paid for!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Taking the name of Christ without the character of what that name stands for is taking it in vain. Faith must produce good works or it is dead. It's not a get out of jail free card. It's more accurate to say it is a separation of those who take the name in vain and protection for those who fulfill the law with love for others. Taking the name implies that loving others is the centerpiece of that life lived. The opposite of loving others is loving self. The animal nature of the beast is selfishness.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

There are 18 items listed. That's 6+6+6. We all have this nature within ourselves. Faith requires that we realize this pride against others as the testimony of our own changed nature. Once that nature changes to giving (Name of Christ), then our faith engages life for the soul. Spiritual death is a reflection of the person that takes the mark over the name.

If you reframe your questions around this knowledge, then you realize the answers as evident. A sheep that wanders away from the Shepherd also has the choice to stay away forever by choice. Either be safe with the other 99 or remain outside that circle of love. The Shepherd goes after the one lost sheep, but the sheep must come as the Shepherd calls or remain lost.

John 10

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

edit on 27-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Dear XsweetNspicey,

All sins are paid for yet not all are saved. Last I remember we are not supposed to be judgemental so should we expect less of god? NO! This means there is no chosen!

We are not to judge, it says that God will. I have no idea who which person is saved because I cannot see into their heart. Hell is a choice, it is making yourself more important than everyone else. If all someone cares about is themselves then perhaps they get their wish and all they get is them. As far as a chosen people, the Jews were not chosen because they were better, they were chosen to be an example. At one point God had threatened to kill them all except for Moses. This is not about special privileges, this is about our choice to love others or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Dear Turq1,

The question is not how much time needs, the question is what was truly in their heart. Saying the name and believing he died for you is simply not enough. It only matters if you are truly changed and love others as you love yourself. It is also not enough to call yourself a christian, many do and are not. I am also not a chair just because I call myself one.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Dear EnochWasRight,

What a marvelous answer.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Judge the action as right or wrong, but it is not our place to pass judgement on others. When someone does something wrong, are you going to let it slide and tell them nothing so they never learn? Instruct the sinner if you want to help them better themselves. Do it with love not condemnation. Doing nothing to help someone who is erring is a sin of omission.

Do you think God paid for the sins you are not sorry for? The word is unrepentant.

We don't pass judgement on others because it is not our place, but God most certainly does judge. Two attributes of God's love are Justice and Mercy. There is a place reserved for the people who do wrong and don't repent. It is Hell. A good reason for a good examination of conscience, I'd say.

Matthew 25:41

Then he will say also to those who are at his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed ones, into eternal fire, that which was prepared for The Devil and for his Angels.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yes, supposed christians are killing people around the world and claiming it's moral because God only loves Americans. They are also destroying the planet because of their belief that everything exists just for us to destroy it, and that sustainability is anti-christian, so are pushing the human race to self-destruction.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

how bout actually READING the bible instead of making off hand remarks in an attempt to pin someones religion down to a finite point......

Just saying...........I dont do the same with the Quran or any other religious documents......I read and educate then ask questions......

I recommend you do the same

If you want to truly understand something, study it.........

unless.......your intent is to simply be confrontational and inflammatory......

Oh wait.....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Not being Christian is a sin. That sin was paid for!

more proof that youve never read the christian bible.............

Actually its not a sin.....

Im not even what youd call a "christian" and I know that much......

Care to spout off more about what you apparently have no idea about?

If you want to talk religion.......start reading..........on all of them........

Otherwise........seriously.......take your personalized sense of bigotry somewhere else
edit on 27-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
When you ask Christ into your life, and accept him as your saviour, you are believing He died on the cross for you and that you are washed clean in the blood of the lamb.

With your life, you are therefore responsible as a believer, in how you live your life. By both realizing that we are all sinners, and asking forgiveness, and by learning from your mistakes. Endeavoring not to repeat the same mistakes, which is backsliding, or making new ones, which is human. But, you can learn from scriptures and through testimony of others what sins you can avoid committing, like burglary, murder, rape, incest. Thus we have prayer for repentance, and to ask for forgiveness for our mistakes, but there is a difference in mistakes and intent.

By simply making a statement, then living a sinful life intentionally, you are fooling no one, not even yourself. This is why you have guilt. You cannot just live life as you please, you must live life caring for others and in helping do the works of God. By helping others, spreading His word, testifying, and leading by example. These things are expected of you.

Though you can never be like Jesus, we ahould each model our lives after Him, in love, grace, faith, and teaching.

There is no free ticket, and we shall each be known by our works, both good and bad.

Living a life of sin is making a choice of not having God in your life. Going to church on Sunday won't make it ok to go out and party like an animal Monday thru Saturday, as long as you go to church again on Sunday. How absolutely shallow and meaningless would that be? It only buys you an illusion of being saved. That is being a Sunday Christian.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Jesus dies for our sins but that does not guarantee a free pass to Heaven. Before He died for our sins, no soul went to Heaven. He granted us a chance, a meer opening. It's still up to us to ask for forgiveness of our sins and try not to sin as much as possible in order to get our soul into Heaven.

Why do people always see The Bible in such black and white? It goes much deeper than that..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Dear Turq1,

The question is not how much time needs, the question is what was truly in their heart. Saying the name and believing he died for you is simply not enough. It only matters if you are truly changed and love others as you love yourself. It is also not enough to call yourself a christian, many do and are not. I am also not a chair just because I call myself one.

According to orthodoxy, that's not the case.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Dear Turq1,

According to orthodoxy, that's not the case.

Dear Turq1,

"Orthodoxy" please tell me who speaks for God and gets to explain dogma. It was not the Sadducee or the Pharisees. Perhaps you speak for God? Anything is possible. Please, pick the dumbest christians and ask me to justify their stupidity, or if you prefer pick the dogma of the mediocre and ask me to defend them. Why must I believe the mediocre and dumb" Is that the only ones you can respond to? You should probably call in smarter Atheists to deal with me. LOL, because you do not get to define me or tell me what my dogma is. I don't know what dogma follow other than what you tell me, give me the same respect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join