page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
The Prayer of Enoch

Can the vessel of fear, fragility,or that which is of a determined porportion, lift up its hands and gather the sun into his bosom? Lord it cannot be, my imperfection is great and I am less than sand.
edit on 28-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

I have only researched the Enoch document quoted in the Bible. Enoch One is the only document that can be shown to preexist the first century.

You are so missing out. The Genesis reference to Enoch is only 3 lines there is so much more.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The Prayer of Enoch

Can the vessel of fear, fragility,or that which is of a determined porportion, lift up its hands and gather the sun into his bosom? Lord it cannot be, my imperfection is great and I am less than sand.

If there is truth in this quote, it points out the fact that we cannot do it ourselves. God's grace and mercy takes us through the final stretch of that new body.

There is more:

Lord, thy good Angels and Creatures excel me by far, for our proportion is not alike and our senses agreeth not.

Not withstanding I am comforted. For we all have one God, all one beginning from thee, and all respect thee as Creator. Therefore I will call upon thy name and in thee I will become mighty. Thou shalt light me, and I will become a Seer. I will see thy Creatures and will magnify thee amongst them.

Those that come into thee have the same gate, and through that same gate descend those that thould sendist. Behold, I will offer my house, my labour, my heart and soul, if it will please thy Angels to dwell with me and I with them-to rejoice with me that I might rejoice with them--to minister unto me that I might magnify thy name.

You can understand why the Book of Enoch was not included in the Bible texts. It very clearly states the elohim were overstepping boundries with human women (he was afterall asked by God to mediate this problem); and yes God can be gracious.

There is more if you are interested, 5 more paragraphs.
edit on 29-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The Prayer of Enoch

I have only researched the Enoch document quoted in the Bible. Enoch One is the only document that can be shown to preexist the first century.

You are so missing out. The Genesis reference to Enoch is only 3 lines there is so much more.

Enoch One is an entire book. As for the other books, show me some evidence they are legitimate scripture.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The Prayer of Enoch

If there is truth in this quote, it points out the fact that we cannot do it ourselves. God's grace and mercy takes us through the final stretch of that new body.

There is more:

Lord, thy good Angels and Creatures excel me by far, for our proportion is not alike and our senses agreeth not.

Not withstanding I am comforted. For we all have one God, all one beginning from thee, and all respect thee as Creator. Therefore I will call upon thy name and in thee I will become mighty. Thou shalt light me, and I will become a Seer. I will see thy Creatures and will magnify thee amongst them.

Those that come into thee have the same gate, and through that same gate descend those that thould sendist. Behold, I will offer my house, my labour, my heart and soul, if it will please thy Angels to dwell with me and I with them-to rejoice with me that I might rejoice with them--to minister unto me that I might magnify thy name.

You can understand why the Book of Enoch was not included in the Bible texts. It very clearly states the elohim were overstepping boundries with human women (he was afterall asked by God to mediate this problem); and yes God can be gracious.

You are not quoting from the book of Enoch. You are quoting from this: LINK

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Hermetica, Hermes Trismegistus/Thoth? an interesting link for all of the wrong reasons; this is not where my information is coming from and I suspect some plagerism is happening here and not on my end. Am I to look into this? I may have missed something in those Philosophic teachings let me go run and look.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hermetica, Hermes Trismegistus/Thoth? an interesting link for all of the wrong reasons; this is not where my information is coming from and I suspect some plagerism is happening here and not on my end. Am I to look into this? I may have missed something in those Philosophic teachings let me go run and look.

This is what you are searhing for: Enoch One This book is quoted by Jude. You can do a word search for your prayers and you will not find the words you posted.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

This is what you are searhing for: Enoch One This book is quoted by Jude. You can do a word search for your prayers and you will not find the words you posted.

How about this one regarding the Casting Out of Adam:

But Coronzon (for so is the name of that mighty devil), envying man's felicity, and percieving that the substanance of mans lesser part was frail and unperfect in respect to his purer essence, began to assail man, and so prevailed. By offending so, man became accursed in the sight of God, and so lost both the Garden of Felicity and the judgement of his understanding, but not utterly the favor of God. But he was driven forth (as your scriptures record) unto the Earth which was covered with brambles.

Adam recieved punishment for his offence, in that he was turned out into the earth, and so did Adam, accursed, bring all misery and wretchedness into the world, But in the same instant when Adam was expelled, the Lord gave unto the world her time, and place over her Angelic Keeper, Watchmen, and Princes.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Now you are quoting the work of John Dee. Do you know what a troll is? You are derailing this thread and that is by intent. Moderators do not like it when trolls do this.

This should embolden anyone reading this to go back and read the OP. Most of the time on ATS, when the trolls come out, the OP has good truth. It's like a badge of honor and water mark noting the truth.

How about this one regarding the Casting Out of Adam:

But Coronzon (for so is the name of that mighty devil), envying man's felicity, and percieving that the substanance of mans lesser part was frail and unperfect in respect to his purer essence, began to assail man, and so prevailed. By offending so, man became accursed in the sight of God, and so lost both the Garden of Felicity and the judgement of his understanding, but not utterly the favor of God. But he was driven forth (as your scriptures record) unto the Earth which was covered with brambles.

Adam recieved punishment for his offence, in that he was turned out into the earth, and so did Adam, accursed, bring all misery and wretchedness into the world, But in the same instant when Adam was expelled, the Lord gave unto the world her time, and place over her Angelic Keeper, Watchmen, and Princes.
edit on 30-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Now you are quoting the work of John Dee. Do you know what a troll is? You are derailing this thread and that is by intent. Moderators do not like it when trolls do this.
This should embolden anyone reading this to go back and read the OP. Most of the time on ATS, when the trolls come out, the OP has good truth. It's like a badge of honor and water mark noting the truth.

Oh for gosh sakes anyone that reads my posts know that I am no Troll. I was checking to see your depth of knowelege. YES YOU GOT IT, John Dee (I am impressed). The reason there is no proof of God only evidence is to allow for all possibilities/permutations of any belief system regarding its existance. If there were but one shop manual for his worship there would be no deep contemplation regarding our relationship with it, (PHDs in Theology would not exist). The human has been left to the management of its faith. Not sure is this was wise as conflicting doctrines have reaked havoc on civilization.

edit on 30-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I would love him a whole lot more if there was no hell. The thought of hell gets in my way because I can't understand why I should love someone that mean.

Why can't he just annihilate people he doesn't like instead of torturing them forever? Really. I don't get it.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Hillarie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie

I would love him a whole lot more if there was no hell. The thought of hell gets in my way because I can't understand why I should love someone that mean.

Why can't he just annihilate people he doesn't like instead of torturing them forever? Really. I don't get it.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Hillarie because: (no reason given)

Lection 90 - Gospel of the Nazarines (The Holy Twelve)

11. Whoso keepeth the holy Law which I have given, the same shall save their souls, however differently they may see the truths which I have given.

Light reveals what it hits, but the light never changes. It searches the heart.

I agree that hell is not a good thought. I especially do not like the thought of hell given the fact that our education is so poor. For me, the main clue to this is held in a few facts. First, Christ has the keys to hell and death. Second, the word also says this:

1 John 2:2 (ESV)
2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

And This:

8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

God is Love. Then this is true:

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love keeps no record of wrongs, but love is also a two way street. I think the key is seeing our own sins and having a repentant heart, otherwise, we do not reflect what it takes to receive God's love. Of course, we must recognize God in all of this and the reason we must regret sin. An arrogant and prideful heart can only see itself above others. Love requires that we do not take this position. Sadly, there are many people in this world today that live for themselves. We are all selfish. There is no doubt, but we all have access to this knowledge as well.

Matthew 12:31

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

ALL sin can be forgiven apart from one. Not believing is the one sin. Again, I simply return to my original comment that we lack a good education. I grew up in a home that showed me this. Many, possibly most, do not have this same programming. We are basically blank computers when we are born, accepting the programming we receive. What makes the difference from God's perspective? You must be born again. You will live another day after you die. Our faith is in God's hands and he prepares us.

John 6

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

And again, Jesus knows our hearts already:

John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d] 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Hebrews 10:16

"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

Remember, there is a plan. 1000 years of rest is accounted for those who believe now.

Revelation 20

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

I assume that the ones that do not come to life until the 1000 years are finished will be set right by the ones who do live 1000 years. God has a plan that goes beyond our one life today.

It's true that we light the fire we burn by. We also have the choice to use that light as a guide on the path for others. It's always been our choice and we will be ranked from first to last in heaven. The robe (Body) you get later is the body you design now. The Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes so he can sheer the rest off. The wool is our sin and make our next robe (Body). We have a hand in this. You must be born again. Don't place your bet on hell if God has anything to do with your upbringing as a child. Adoption into his family only requires our faith and belief. God develops that faith and a faith as small as a mustard seed is all he needs.

Hell is what you create by choices. So too is heaven.

What did Confucius say on the topic of education? "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

God's Instructional Design

In the end, do we need any word to know that we should love others? It's already written on our hearts.

edit on 1-4-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join