It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More police brutality at work.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hello ATS I know as of late there has been more and more police brutality at work. It seems everyday more and more of this is happening.

In this video the "suspect" is taken down, violently, by two officers. They beat him in the face and ribs many times. Then a friend or random person started to record his own video and shortly there after dozens of police officers show up to arrest the other person.

There are prolly 10 police cars and over 15 officers for two men. Seems a very excessive.

www.infowars.com...

Mods feel free to move this where ever you need to. I wasn't sure where so I placed it here.

-SAP-
edit on 27-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i,m no police fan but when uz have all got firearms over there and seem to shoot for the fun of it then to me thats tame,we have cops over here who can be just as hard and i bet 90% of who they arrest don,t have a gun,think urself lucky they don,t shoot first and ask questions later.and just incase u don,t think i know,i,ve been on the end of the being arrested and been an arse in the process,if i threaten them then i expect to be subdued due to my threats,,,,,,,,this police brutality makes me laugh,ok we know some take it too far but u want to be a criminal then take your punishment like a man.
edit on 2011 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That is not Police work, that is Thuggery.

P

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It is. Cops are thugs with a badge now a days.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by pheonix358

It is. Cops are thugs with a badge now a days.

-SAP-

There are also many stories of cops doing good things.

How are you sure that there is more police brutality than say 30 or 40 years ago? Maybe its just that now we have more cameras on them.

I actually bet police brutality is going down since there's more of a chance of them getting caught doing it nowadays. Without definite statistics however you can't really make that judgement call.

Figure at any given moment there are about 30,000-40,000 cops on duty in the US dealing with all sorts of violence and maybe sometimes they get out of control. Its going to happen and although that's not an excuse you do have to look at the numbers and see what the percentage is.

I'd assume its fairly low given the volatile situations they deal with everyday. Now compare the brutality cases to the cases where they save lives or do acts of kindness and I'd imagine that they sort of balance out.

Still not an excuse but you do need to put it in perspective.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

If this video showed one or two police acting up, I would support your position.

But, sadly, it does not. There is not one Policeman in that video that is objecting.

In all of the Police brutality videos that I have seen, never has a Police Officer been arrested by another.

It does not matter if you are the brutal one or the one covering it up or the one staying silent. They are all wrong.

Under most legal systems in the West you can easily be an accessory to a crime, does not mean you have to do the criminal act. Watching while someone is brutalized is being an accessory.

P

ETA Yes, I acknowledge that there are very good Police out there, their numbers seem to be dwindling.
edit on 28/3/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Our prisons have quite a few police officers serving time for brutality or other crimes.

Not hard to research if your interested. That would seem to disprove your position that they are never held accountable.

Do they cover up many crimes?

Of course, but it isn't always the case as you seem to be implying. The recent rise in lawsuits agains officers for various crimes almost ensures that they will be held accountable. Police departments care more about money and ensuring their budgets than they do about protecting someone who is breaking the law.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Not disagreeing with you. I used to know a couple of "nice" ones, however that was some time ago...

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

join