It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians eat Cheeseburgers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Akragon

Menstrual blood mixed with semen.

It happens. The point being here both contributors have to share in the injestion of the mixture (mouth) not the accidental or a byproduct of ill timed lusty recreational antics (absorption of by soft tissue mechanics down below does not count). This is pagan and not against any Christian Doctrine as I would know it. The You-Are-Christ eating and drinking of ITS flesh/blood is an abomination/insane thinking compared to a simple forcasting of new progeny; a life continuance blood/semen ritual. The Eucharist is sybolizing "Faith" the other "profligation of the human".
edit on 27-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Because of the symbolic meaning of the practice (as an abomination against the Christian Eucharist) it could and would certainly defile a person by ingesting it, which is what they do in some circles.

One would have to be a Catholic for that to be possible... and it still would not defile a man...

Jesus didn't say you must perform the eucharist... he said do this in rememberence of me...

IF that could defile a man as you say... that would contradict what we've been discussing

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
At the very least it (the unholy Communion) put a swift halt to this stupid thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

At the very least it (the unholy Communion) put a swift halt to this stupid thread.

LOL...

thumbs up on that one bro..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Akragon

No, certainly not. But to deny the label given to God's True Sons, is to deny that truth within yourself. I'm only tryin to show you that it is not what you label yourself, but what is in the contents of the jar.

Not a Christian is a label just like atheist or agnostic.

Ya know, this sort of talk is why I want to punch christians...

and I was one until all this sort of rubbish made me drink away my youth..

not a single god botherer can speak plain English.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think he might be saying that we're all Christians whether we believe in it or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by winofiend

I think he might be saying that we're all Christians whether we believe in it or not.

No; he is saying "what is in the Punch (bowl)" (generally gin or whiskey). Sliders on the buffet table.
edit on 27-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
well since jesus has obviously watched supersize me he may think that it's the pop and fries an dnot the burgers that is the problem lol.
idk i might be more worried about the foods that were named not to eat like pork and stuff.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

For me, it's about trying to help lend meaning to the cows life. I mean, I didn't kill the cow, nor did I ask anyone to kill the cow for me. I see all these dead-cow-burgers and I think, "Hey, I can pitch in, c'mon, little fellas, and hop on board, we're all going to Heaven".

And that's why I eat the cheezeburgers.

P.S. I am actually having a cheezeburger with Jesus, right now. He says he'll take topical questions as long as the fries last, then he has to bail.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm guessing Christians eat cheeseburgers for the same reason non-Christians eat cheeseburgers.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I'm guessing Christians eat cheeseburgers for the same reason non-Christians eat cheeseburgers.

You realize that was way too easy and thankyou for finally stating it (the elephant left the room).

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
No just being an idiot.

No explanation needed. But feel free to think hard about it... thinking might enlighten you.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

As long as they are organic cheeseburgers.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

""Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20)."

There is nothing 'evil' about a cheeseburger.
So called 'holy' humans in the bible ate meat.
The bread, the ketchup, the mustard, the pickles .. nothing 'evil' there.

Cheeseburgers are awesome! Especially with bacon.
Then again .. everything tastes great with bacon!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Reasons i eat cheeseburgers:
1. They are damn good.
2. I am hungry, and being lazy, I don’t want to make some elaborate meal.
3. They are cheap
4. Readily available (McDonalds, Wendy’s, Burger King etc...)
5. Did I mention they are damn good?
6. Oh add bacon and watch out.
7. I eats what I wants.. And if I wants cheeseburger, I eats cheeseburger.
8. They are good with fries.
9. They are good with chips
10. Go great with that nice local brew from the bar.. MMM BAR BURGER!!!

I know my body is supposed to be some temple, but not all temples can be chiseled out of stone some are just a little rounder and fluffier then others....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Because they can do all things in Christ. And they aren't better educated about food and its qualities, so they are reliant on grace to get past the cheeseburger. With bacon, and a beer, on a Sunday.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

"Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat." (Lev.11:3)

True that the body is a temple and a church and if one is to be clean before the son of man he must first suffer and be tested and some will fail, the trail is straight and narrow and some stray off the path but will be called back if the choose to listen.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by ted4d

As long as they are organic cheeseburgers.

That's what I call "happy meat".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join