It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians eat Cheeseburgers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d
right, I fooking give up.

Nobody even bothered with any sensible reply at all..

Ask a stupid question you usually receive stupid answers.. I didn't see Cheeseburgers written as sin in the bible either.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
Christians eat cheeseburgers because the holy spirit (which is our soul, capable of a complete awareness of our body and itself, not just our thoughts) inside of them tells them it is good.

There. Are you done being a troll now that I've answered your question?

If the Holy Spirit tells Christians that a Cheeseburger is good, then he/she should burn in hell. Almost every educated person on the planet knows that eating Cheeseburgers is NOT good. Have I now got to go and post the scientific research? No, better still, answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question

.....and I'm fairly sure, you can't troll your own thread and if I'm wrong, then fk the mods and ban me! I don't care.

There's no trolling in posting a question and asking for a reply. If there is, then bye bye.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Ask a stupid question you usually receive stupid answers.. I didn't see Cheeseburgers written as sin in the bible either.

Actually, it is a specific sin! read the OP which is why this thread exists. If you don't see that then you missed the thread purpose.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Why is it not good to eat a cheeseburger? Do not our bodies work hard all week long at our jobs? We have need for calories, and nobody can deny that a cheeseburger is full of calories. So yeah, it's bad for our bodies and the environment in the long run. There are more pressing issues than worrying about eating beef and cheese.

So the holy spirit says "Take your calories, enjoy them because I love you. When we have true freedom again, we will worry about what we eat. Until then, we need only be thankful we are allowed to eat."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Sorry, I was referring to the part where you stated you were not a Christian.

You quoted Him.
So I ask you "Can you pick grapes from thornbushes?"

I don't think there are any Thornbushes that have grapes are there? Blimey the bible is dumb sometimes.....awaits some Christian to tell me that Thornbushes do produce grapes...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

No, grapes do not grow on thornbushes.

But on the vine, the ripe ones are picked and taken to the market, but some have spoiled by harvest and those are thrown to the furnace.

link   

reply to post by ted4d

Why is it not good to eat a cheeseburger? Do not our bodies work hard all week long at our jobs? We have need for calories, and nobody can deny that a cheeseburger is full of calories. So yeah, it's bad for our bodies and the environment in the long run. There are more pressing issues than worrying about eating beef and cheese.

So the holy spirit says "Take your calories, enjoy them because I love you. When we have true freedom again, we will worry about what we eat. Until then, we need only be thankful we are allowed to eat."

Horse #! Calories is a recent scientific term - it's not in the bible.

link   
reply to post by ted4d

You're a nasty person from some of your responses - thread is a troll thread, a bait thread. Disgraceful and pathetic. Let this thread die, the OP doesn't deserve your time and energy.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

I'm sorry I worship God, not the bible.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Actually, it is a specific sin! read the OP which is why this thread exists. If you don't see that then you missed the thread purpose.

Well we may aswell not eat anything because everything has something in it these days that would be classed as a sin.. Even the very foods that are meant to be healthy.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by ted4d

You're a nasty person from some of your responses - thread is a troll thread, a bait thread. Disgraceful and pathetic. Let this thread die, the OP doesn't deserve your time and energy.

NewAgeMan - I accept your criticism and ponder it. Perhaps you are correct in your assessment as I can be negative in my opinions.

However, as it is my thread, with my question about why Christians eat Cheeseburgers, perhaps I can have a little more leniency on the 'troll' label? I'd also quite like an answer!

ad it's no way a troll thread - it's a specific question. It came from me wondering why people like salt on their food so much, but it's so bad for you, and that makes me wonder who's idea was all that (bad food tasking good)

so, I'm sorry for all those including you that are offended, but I don't see what's wrong with what I asked.
edit on 27-3-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by ted4d

Well, you won't find a decent answer looking through Pauls notes...

Im not Christian but I can answer your question...

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

If you read on just a few more verses, you will see that in that particular conversation, Jesus was explaining to the Pharisees that they were wrong when they claimed the disciples should have washed their hands before eating:

Matthew 15:20(KJV)
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

I'm a Christian and I do not eat any form of meat or dairy products. Though humans were originally designed to eat a vegan diet, there is no sin in eating meat. The difference is that nowadays meat products and dairy products are so pumped full of chemicals, that they become toxic to the body.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Thanks for the tip...

Though that verse can also be applied to meats as well...

Nothing that goes into the mouth can defile a man...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Your query is disingenuous and you damn well know it.

It ought to say "why do PEOPLE eat Cheeseburgers?"

You might as well start a new thread asking "Why do Christians enjoy sex?" beyond the desire to have children, if you really want to "goad" us and test our mettle.

Cheeseburgers.. how lame.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by jeramie

You're unfamiliar then with certain practices of Satanists and the Black Mass.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jeramie

Actually i'm quite familiar with both of those subjects... what exactly are you referring to?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jeramie

How about just the tasting of, not ingesting (the ritual licking of a cats anal area; not recommended as it is form of magickal turpitude). It would be much easier if the cheeseburger grew on the tree of knoweledge (seduction factor) or the tree of life (cardboard sustainance).

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Menstrual blood mixed with semen.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Menstrual blood mixed with semen.

LOL... what you're speaking of still requires a "belief" in that practice...

In any case I don't see why anyone would ingest such things aside from some weird sexual urges...

Which still would not defile a man... Might make him sick though

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Because of the symbolic meaning of the practice (as an abomination against the Christian Eucharist) it could and would certainly defile a person by ingesting it, which is what they do in some circles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join