It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians eat Cheeseburgers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by Akragon

That's very true.
But be mindful of the fact that the only label that sticks is the one you give yourself.
I am a Christian. I know Christ through His Words. Not the words of Paul or any one writer of the new testament but through what I can only describe as empathy and a careful study of all world religions, not just Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam, or Hinduism, or Taoism, or Buddhism...
Maybe the whole book is a sham and Jesus is just a story.
It's the message that counts.
The message is that God loves us.
It's the message Jesus died to give us.

True...

Though I don't give myself any label...

I am what I am... I don't need a label for my beliefs

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

You want scripture, you got it.

"For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son to die so that all might have eternal life."
"I give unto you a new commandment, to love each other as I have loved you."
"Beware of false prophets who come in sheep's clothing, you will know them by their fruits."
"He who loves his father or mother, or son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. He who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me."
Should I go on?
edit on 27-3-2013 by SpiritofEnoch because: Oops. Misquoted God. Please don't smite me, Lord!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know that. I just want you to accept the God you love so dearly.
"The slave is not greater than his master nor the servant above his Lord. It is enough for the slave that he be as his master and the Servant as his Lord."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
seems only the stronger faithed ones do

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Romans14

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them.
1Corinthians6

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Acts15

edit on 27-3-2013 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I know that. I just want you to accept the God you love so dearly.
"The slave is not greater than his master nor the servant above his Lord. It is enough for the slave that he be as his master and the Servant as his Lord."

This is not the place for this conversation my friend...

I fully accept my God...

And i tell you truly... The OT "god" is not my God

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Is anyone else reminded of that cheeseburger song by Veggie Tales?

Anyway, there are things I would not encourage ingesting, like fluoride for example.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ted4d

Read your own post back to yourself.

I did, quite a few times thank you. I posted it in humor but also consider the facts 'of the case' and my fooooooooooooking questions still stands..........

WHY DO CHRISTIANS EAT CHEESEBURGERS........

If you are not willing to answer, I suggest not posting lots of words that don't form a complete sentence, just Foxtrot Oscar

How was the rape? memorable? worth another go?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
Is anyone else reminded of that cheeseburger song by Veggie Tales?

Anyway, there are things I would not encourage ingesting, like fluoride for example.

I saw there were lots of posts about Flouride... good for the teeth no? That's what they tell us in the UK! so I didn't read them or I'll stop drinking water and that can't be good eh? Might kill me but at least I'll have good teeth :-)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Why do athiests eat Hotcross Buns? The Mysterious world we live in hey..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

You forgot to add:

"Meanwhile, the disciples were urging Jesus, “Rabbi, eat something.”
But Jesus replied, “I have a kind of food you know nothing about.”
“Did someone bring him food while we were gone?” the disciples asked each other.
Then Jesus explained: “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work." " (John 4:31-34 NLT)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

I posted the first reply. And I was correct, thank you.

The other response came from ACTUALLY READING THE CHAPTER OF THE BIBLE YOU POSTED FROM.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

WHY DO CHRISTIANS EAT CHEESEBURGERS........

If you are not willing to answer, I suggest not posting lots of words that don't form a complete sentence, just Foxtrot Oscar

and to be clear, I'm not talking about the food Jesus ate, so not relevant to post that.
edit on 27-3-2013 by ted4d because: added - and to be clear, I'm not talking about the food Jesus ate, so not relevant to post that.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Romans14

Made me think of these:
Proverbs 15:17 A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.
Proverbs 17:1 Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

John 4:34 Jesus told them, "My food is to do what the one who sent me wants me to do and to finish the work he has given me.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Christians eat cheeseburgers because the holy spirit (which is our soul, capable of a complete awareness of our body and itself, not just our thoughts) inside of them tells them it is good.

There. Are you done being a troll now that I've answered your question?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That's very true.
But be mindful of the fact that the only label that sticks is the one you give yourself.
I am a Christian. I know Christ through His Words. Not the words of Paul or any one writer of the new testament but through what I can only describe as empathy and a careful study of all world religions, not just Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam, or Hinduism, or Taoism, or Buddhism...

and yet still no answer to the actual OP about eating Cheeseburgers

I'm renaming this thread to...
"Why do religious nuts not answer a direct question"

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by Rustami

Romans14

Made me think of these:
Proverbs 15:17 A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.
Proverbs 17:1 Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

John 4:34 Jesus told them, "My food is to do what the one who sent me wants me to do and to finish the work he has given me.

I wholly agree with your statements, Christian or not. But I'm compelled to ask... why do Christians eat cheeseburgers? I'd really like an answer that's not gobledygoop

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

reply to post by Akragon

That's very true.

and yet still no answer to the actual OP about eating Cheeseburgers

I'm renaming this thread to...
"Why do religious nuts not answer a direct question"

Are you my mum? I think you might, actually, in real life, be my mum! She's online and perhaps you are one and the same

BUT WHY DO CHRISTIANS EAT CHEESEBURGERS

Look, I think you misunderstand.... I want no argument and no scriptures, I'm just asking a simple question. I think it's very unChristian that I've not had an actual reply to a specific question!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
right, I fooking give up.

Nobody even bothered with any sensible reply at all..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why direct a question to Christians if you do not want a Christian to answer?

Oh, little man who would be great. How great is my forgiveness that I can forgive even you?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Christians eat cheeseburgers because the holy spirit (which is our soul, capable of a complete awareness of our body and itself, not just our thoughts) inside of them tells them it is good.

There. Are you done being a troll now that I've answered your question?

If the Holy Spirit tells Christians that a Cheeseburger is good, then he/she should burn in hell. Almost every educated person on the planet knows that eating Cheeseburgers is NOT good. Have I now got to go and post the scientific research? No, better still, answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question
answer the question