It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians eat Cheeseburgers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is not intended to be a joke, I really want to know.....

Why do Christians eat Cheeseburgers?

""Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20)."

So, really,why do Christians eat Cheeseburgers? no, I'm not being facetious - why? (or normal burgers! but I like Cheeseburgers more so that's why I wrote that... nom nom nom nom.....)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Maybe the holy spirit likes cheeseburgers.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Jesus would have eaten one if there was one and he was hungry and he was the holy spirit personified. He might even have had two along with not one but two glasses of red wine.

link   
reply to post by ted4d

Well, you won't find a decent answer looking through Pauls notes...

Im not Christian but I can answer your question...

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

link   
Everyone loves to eat Cheese Burgers. Even vegetarians love to eat veggie cheese burgers.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
More importantly, why are Christians cannibals? Yuk. Eating the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ is definitely on the edge of absurdity.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The holy spirit loves everything and everyone.
Including thieves, idolaters, homosexuals, witches, murderers, greedy people, cheeseburgers, even rapists of children (though I have little patience for the likes of them, that is my own sin, my own darkness, which was given to me even by that same spirit. Yes, the holy spirit raped me as a young child. I thank him for it, and forgive the body that transgressed against me.)

We need to stop fighting ourselves.
I am a victim, yes.
So are we all.
So what?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by ted4d

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Not to contradict you or anything.

You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. (Matthew 7:16-18 NLT)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch

reply to post by ted4d

Not to contradict you or anything.

You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. (Matthew 7:16-18 NLT)

No contradiction there my friend...

We're talking about two separate things here...

That passage actually has nothing to do with food, while the one I posted does

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Because they're heavenly?

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Everyone loves to eat Cheese Burgers. Even vegetarians love to eat veggie cheese burgers.

That's true, i've been vegetarian half my life and

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Because they taste good......

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry, I was referring to the part where you stated you were not a Christian.

You quoted Him.
So I ask you "Can you pick grapes from thornbushes?"

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Sorry, I was referring to the part where you stated you were not a Christian.

You quoted Him.
So I ask you "Can you pick grapes from thornbushes?"

Ahh I see...

Well ask yourself... does one need to accept a label given by men to believe in the words of the son of God?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Including thieves, idolaters, homosexuals, witches, murderers, greedy people, cheeseburgers, even rapists of children (though I have little patience for the likes of them, that is my own sin, my own darkness, which was given to me even by that same spirit. Yes, the holy spirit raped me as a young child. I thank him for it, and forgive the body that transgressed against me.)

I am a victim, yes.
So are we all.
So what?

Did you read the post?
Do you understand how questions work?
Someone asks a question, another person answers it!
Stop telling us how you were raped as a young child by the spirit of God for which I have this to say...
“…but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.” - Mark 3:29 (NIV)"
The replies here have not provided any answers, but have made me LMAO
and now you bring me down...
get a life and stop blaspheming about rape and spirits and mumbojumbo that you don't understand because if you did, you would see that your blasphemy is not tolerated (by your God)

duuuuuuuuuuuh!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, certainly not. But to deny the label given to God's True Sons, is to deny that truth within yourself. I'm only tryin to show you that it is not what you label yourself, but what is in the contents of the jar.

Not a Christian is a label just like atheist or agnostic.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Read your own post back to yourself.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No, certainly not. But to deny the label given to God's True Sons, is to deny that truth within yourself. I'm only tryin to show you that it is not what you label yourself, but what is in the contents of the jar.

Not a Christian is a label just like atheist or agnostic.

No... to deny a label given to the bibles true followers is to deny what they consider truth within said book...

Whats in the jar has nothing to do with what label people give it... I've been labeled every name in the book... by Christians... and it means nothing

edit on 27-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I am a victim, yes.
So are we all.
So what?

By your quote, I can murder and eat Cheeseburgers (even at the same time if I like) and God still loves me! That is moronic!

and after 15 seconds of Google, I find these things that God does NOT love

-A lying tongue - he who neither loves nor tells truth. (i.e. SpiritofEnoch - a self confessed liar - even though I don't know he/she was!!!!)
-Hands that shed innocent blood, whether by murder or by battery.
-A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations - the heart that fabricates such, lays the foundation, builds upon it, and completes the superstructure of iniquity. (i,e, the BS that is spouted here)

So... am I wrong? Shall I find some scriptures to Elucidate? or will you just give a man a simple answer to a simple question? I won't hold my breath on awaiting your specific reply on why Christians eat Cheeseburgers..

or to put it another way....

I'm having fun with some friends here... go away and annoy someone else while us folks talk about Cheeseburgers.... nom nom nom nom...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by ted4d

Well, you won't find a decent answer looking through Pauls notes...

Aha... It's ok to eat it, as long as it doesn't come back up?!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's very true.
But be mindful of the fact that the only label that sticks is the one you give yourself.
I am a Christian. I know Christ through His Words. Not the words of Paul or any one writer of the new testament but through what I can only describe as empathy and a careful study of all world religions, not just Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam, or Hinduism, or Taoism, or Buddhism...
Maybe the whole book is a sham and Jesus is just a story.
It's the message that counts.
The message is that God loves us.
It's the message Jesus died to give us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join