It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leaders say - Muslims are Above U.S. law and - Do Not - have to obey Our Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Does nobody even read past titles anymore???

It’s a citation used frequently by critics to argue the highly influential Council on American-Islamic Relations is an extremist organization – founder Omar Ahmad’s alleged 1998 assertion that Islam must one day dominate the U.S. – but now Muslim leaders have confronted Ahmad, expressing concern that someone from their community could voice such radical sentiments.

Ahmad told the Muslim leaders – and WND in an interview – the attribution is a “total fabrication” and assured them the newspaper, the Fremont Argus in California, issued a “clarification” after he “challenged” reporter Lisa Gardiner.

That seemed to satisfy the Muslim leaders, but Gardiner told WND she continues to stand by the story, and Editor Steve Waterhouse said he’s confident she got it right. After hearing that news Thursday, one of the Muslim leaders immediately resurrected the issue with his colleagues, declaring Ahmad and CAIR need to find a way “to extinguish this fire.”

WND source

And the source that they seek to attribute their story to is 404'd

Their link to their identical story from 2003 does work however. Though they reference the Fremont Argus, they never link to the story. Hrmmm.

So it's an unsubstantiated and denied accusation from 15 years ago that WND has dredged up for reasons that one can only guess about.

Side note... My first money making gig, in 1979 was as a paperboy for the Fremont Argus.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

And how is it NOT hate speech of the ilks as Phelps and similar nut-jobs? KKK and so forth? Do we see much an outcry about this? Not that I side with the Muslim cleric on this - I am an Atheist and fine all religions stupid - but what Bi see in all these Muslim threads is that ONLY they are the radicals. Fair is fair! if you want to show the Muslims who is boss, show also the fundy-nuts who is boss.

Yeah, we do see outcry about those.. just do an ATS search LOL There is even a new KKK rally thread and it took a Black woman to tell all the hating people in the thread that at the rally it was Not the KKK that incited the violence. There was video to prove this. The KKK and Phelps may have their nut jobs but not in the sheer numbers of nutter Muslims in this country that have the power to do more harm than the KKK and Phelps supporters put together. That is why this is way more dangerous. Plus, they have a much stronger religious dogma behind their ideas.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Guenter

That's the thing, you can believe anything you want.
However, you may not "practice" anything you want.
Sometimes this is a good thing i.e. Ritual sacrifices of children and virgins, things of that sort as they HARM someone else.
I do not believe polygamy is one of those things.
It is not for me though as I think 2 is a couple and 3 is a day in an Alabama courthouse.

This is only my opinion and there may be some women out there that are low self esteem and content to be 2nd or 3rd or 4th chair Etc. to a better woman.

Fully agree with you. And yet I have to play devils advocate here. Let us assume that a religion exists that mandated the human sacrifice of every 3rd born at age 5. If we truly have freedom of religion and this "sect" does its own people - unlike the Aztecs that went to war to get POW to sacrifice - then why should it be MY problem? As long as they don't go out and recruit people from the outside, then what is it my concern? NOW would I decide to join them and have already wife and kids and would be obliged to hand over one of my children to be sacrificed, - well then we have a problem. Then naturally the law shall step in and prevent MY kid from getting into this mess. My freedom stops at that line where your freedom begins. As long as they do their own, not my problem.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Does nobody even read past titles anymore???

It’s a citation used frequently by critics to argue the highly influential Council on American-Islamic Relations is an extremist organization – founder Omar Ahmad’s alleged 1998 assertion that Islam must one day dominate the U.S. – but now Muslim leaders have confronted Ahmad, expressing concern that someone from their community could voice such radical sentiments.

Ahmad told the Muslim leaders – and WND in an interview – the attribution is a “total fabrication” and assured them the newspaper, the Fremont Argus in California, issued a “clarification” after he “challenged” reporter Lisa Gardiner.

That seemed to satisfy the Muslim leaders, but Gardiner told WND she continues to stand by the story, and Editor Steve Waterhouse said he’s confident she got it right. After hearing that news Thursday, one of the Muslim leaders immediately resurrected the issue with his colleagues, declaring Ahmad and CAIR need to find a way “to extinguish this fire.”

WND source

And the source that they seek to attribute their story to is 404'd

Their link to their identical story from 2003 does work however. Though they reference the Fremont Argus, they never link to the story. Hrmmm.

So it's an unsubstantiated and denied accusation from 15 years ago that WND has dredged up for reasons that one can only guess about.

Side note... My first money making gig, in 1979 was as a paperboy for the Fremont Argus.

So What? Your talking about the lesser qoute toward the bottom of my post. The way you worded your post, you would have people believe the entire post is from 15 years ago. Not the case. Shame on you for using such tactics.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Must be a slow day at Muslim bashing office, huh OP ?Why didnt you quote the rest of the article ?

“When you even say the word Shariah, people get nervous. We are not advocating for Shariah. We are not trying to make Shariah the law of the land,” he said.

Those pesky Muslims even invited an INFIDEL to talk at their rally

Rev. Ronnie C. Lister, a social justice activist from the Houston area, spoke at Muslim Capitol Day.

“This country belongs to you. This state house is your state house. The police department is your police department,” he told the crowd. “This land is your land. … God is on your side … this is your house. [It] does not belong to the Republicans. It does not belong to the Democrats. It does not belong to just Americans. It belongs to all of us!

creeping Sharia huh ?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

changed my mind.
edit on 27-3-2013 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You miss the point.

In Islam, if you are a true muslim, you are above mans rule. You are under allahs rule. So muslim first, citizen second.

And it has not been abrogated just because we're in the year 2013.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Want sharia law? Go back to where you came from.

This is America.

You don't get to barge in here and stand making demands and you certainly aren't 'above the law'.

Maybe then America should stop barging all over their regions?

How does this logic work?

"Americans are barging all over Muslim lands and are seen as oppressive infidels. Lets all move to America!"

How? explain it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
Must be a slow day at Muslim bashing office, huh OP ?Why didnt you quote the rest of the article ?

“When you even say the word Shariah, people get nervous. We are not advocating for Shariah. We are not trying to make Shariah the law of the land,” he said.

I didn't quote that because honestly, I believe, He's Lying through his teeth. The actions of Extremist Muslims prove that.

Don't twist the issues. I never implied my Opening Post applies to All Muslims - we Know there are many Muslims who don't follow these extremists.

That's why I asked the ATS Muslims what they thought about Mustafa Carroll and CAIR. I want to know their side of this. I do find it strange though that no one has answered my questions yet.

How about it Muslims - What do you think of Mustafa Carroll and CAIR?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

You miss the point.

In Islam, if you are a true muslim, you are above mans rule. You are under allahs rule. So muslim first, citizen second.

That's it in a nutshell. Here in Europe, they make no bones about it, they do not even pretend to have any respect for the laws of any country. I have seen Americans defend Muslims and claim they respect and obey the laws of their country, and maybe that is true- maybe there is a different branch of Islam that has evolved in the US?

But at least over here, Islam does not accept secularism.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What laws don't they want to follow? I am a firm believer that bad laws ought not to be followed.

...and I have NO love for Islam or Muslims. Hell, I'm always called a "racist" (whatever that means) when describing Islam.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So they use the 1st Amendment to proclaim they are above the law.

Idiots.

In reference to Heff's post, groups like CAIR are still a bunch of idiots.
edit on 28-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Over here, that becomes an excuse the young use to defy the authorities in this country- so even things like robbing, beating, whatever, are done to make a statament that they are not under the governments rule.
A popular one is mass car burning.

The police are outnumbered and usually do not have as many weapons, but also fear the public outcry of "racism" if they go after or arrest an arab (we have police friends who have orders not to go after arabs breaking any laws).

So what happens is, the older generation of Muslims doesn't like this either- it is often their cars that burn, their kids shot too. But they believe and have taught their kids to reject all laws and authorities other than Islam... Now this is where they claim that Sharia law needs to be put into action in this country, because that is the only way to stop the young criminals!

Problem is, Sharia law doesn't respect others' rights or religons, if it is enforced here, EVERYONE is subject, not just Muslims.

In some coutnries of Europe, we are being forced into it this way.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by Bluesma

So are they primarily killing and looting their own community?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Reply to post by Bluesma

So are they primarily killing and looting their own community?

No, I would not say that. I would say that their own community is also victim to these crimes.

-And many of the older Muslims just don't like seeing these young ones doing things that are even against their own religion- but they are powerless without someone to enforce Sharia law. In their own countries, there are very severe punishments carried out and that are strong deterents.

They've got themselves in a pickle- they told the kids not to respect the local authorities or laws, but they have no back up for their own laws they want the kids to respect. It leaves the parents very powerless.

It is a cultural clash that, because they cannot accept secularism, makes the situation impossible for everyone.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

You miss the point.

Exactly...Also it is not just a religion but a form of government with it's own enforcers and punishments in this life, not the afterlife. Their beliefs and customs according to interpretation of Allah's intent is their problem but as their numbers grow it becomes every one's problem who is not of their faith.

Christians in Egypt being killed and tortured now as per the recent headlines.

Overseas, everyplace IMO where they are allowed to set up their religion of love with Mosque, the bombs are shortly to follow for the unfaithful. 19 were arrested in southern Thailand as they were about to bomb a police station less than 3 months ago; not very smart on their part for it was coordinated by cell phone. Of course the Thai's said they busted the bomb plot with a tip....

Trash cans were taken off the streets in most cities because Allah's solders find them perfect places to place their bombs to kill as many non-believers as possible. Looking at the aftermath of one of these attacks, one has to consider how devious the bomb makers are and how they time and place their attacks around Temples, busy side walks, or even schools for the full shock and awe effect; police stations are pretty high on the list of targets too..

Buddhist monks are a tasty target not just Christians. So in my opinion all the apologist for the Muslim radicals remind me of the momma whose child has been arrested 20 times by the age of 16 saying he is just misunderstood and really it was an accident he broke into your house and stole all your socks and raped your daughter....

If I am in a country other than the states I obey their laws and try to not offend any custom of the land, common sense to me but I don't have a radical Mullah brain washing my mind since childhood...go figure.

Plenty of examples of what is going on around the world with Allah's faithful but some refuse to see or think about the outcome. Europe, Russia, and even China are having their problems with those who believe Allah's laws supersede the laws of the land.

Now, I don't have the answer to the growing problem. 40 years ago in South Thailand they were called Communist but now they are called Muslim extremist...the bombs and targets are the same with people going about their daily chores when "Boom" no more chores to worry about because you have just been killed indiscriminately by someone who is doing Allah's work by the true faithful. I think it sucks but nothing I can do about it other than stay vigilant.

Maybe by the year 2525 if mankind is still alive all will have a prayer mat and peace will rule the day....if you do not count floggings, stonings, be-headings. and removal of hands...or the two sects of Islam that hate each other as much as they hate you. Maybe the mothership will land before then and all will be converted to mothership beliefs saving mankind from itself?? I wouldn't hold my breath though.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Want sharia law? Go back to where you came from.
This is America.
You don't get to barge in here and stand making demands and you certainly aren't 'above the law'.
Maybe then America should stop barging all over their regions?
US is a country of immigrants. Nobody invites them to migrate to US. They migrate on their own from other parts of the world to US. What you refer to 'barging' is pretty much supported by members of opposition parties and/or political parties within the ME regions. Politics is dirty.
edit on 28-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
If they are "above the law" and can not be prosecuted, then it stands to reason that they can not be PROTECTED by the law either and are at the mercy of anyone who wishes them harm.
I'm sure thats what/should some of the law enforcement officers would chose to do should they receive a 911 from one of the members from these groups. If that ever happens, then the rhetoric would be 'racial profiling' and 'racial bias' from the group advocating sharia law. Just look at the minority scene in UK which is a big mess.
edit on 28-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
While on US soil, all people, with the exception of the execs of corporations and Wall Street officials, have to obey the laws of the United States. I wish we would get rid of the loopholes

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
While on US soil, all people, with the exception of the execs of corporations and Wall Street officials, have to obey the laws of the United States. I wish we would get rid of the loopholes
How many execs are behind the bars? Agree there are execs who break rules and exploit loopholes. But using a loophole is not a crime unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join