It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexual marriage is a Right, why can't I have multiple wives? (Being Serious NO CAT TALK)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hmm,
I don't see an issue with a person having more than one wife, or husband.
As long as they can afford to take care of them, and without creating an undue burden on the community.
Just because you can have a ton of wives, and then children... if you can't feed them, house them, provide healthcare etc, then it's a problem.

M.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Moshpet because: Oh and what makes you think you can keep more than one wife satisfied????

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

That is not very explanatory at all. I was hoping that you might provide a reason or two why you believe gay culture is a cult, but apparently you have none. Perhaps you should consider why you hold this view to be true and reexamine.
edit on 28-3-2013 by d1gov because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by d1gov because: How on earth did I make so many typos?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So many open minds about this topic... Good for you ATS... Good point about king solomon... Should be no surprise, the Hippocracy of the church is apparent to the point of disgrace. I think church/ptb believe that allowing someone to arise to there full potential would be bad for thier control measures...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Marriage is between 2 people. Not one man and 10 women, not one woman and 10 men. Nor is it between one man and a donkey, or one woman and a donkey.

Two people. That's it. It's not a difficult concept.

However.....

Webster's definition of marriage is as follows:
a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage (same-sex marriage)
b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock
c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities

But to each his own. If you want ten wives and they're okay with it, more power to you buddy, who am I to tell you how you can or can't live your life?
edit on 29-3-2013 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82

Two people. That's it. It's not a difficult concept.

Apparently it is for a lot of people on here. I actually feel amused and then rather sad for them. Its cool to have a wild imagination about lizard shape shifting Illuminati pop stars , secret Government plans to kill us all or even magical planets that jump out of hyper space but no way can they grasp reality and the concept of 2 people.

Still trying to work out what two people being married ( No matter what the sex ) has to with multiple wives ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rule34

Well, I suppose in some minds, if there is one exception to the rule, why shouldn't we add twenty more?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hell I see no reason OP can't have multiple husbands

FRREEEDDOOOM

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Do it !

Second,
Third,
and Fourth Lines..............

For multiple marriages.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Dear Swing80s,

But most people do have multiple wives anymore. It is said that if you have sex with a woman, you become one with her. How many can say that they have only slept with one person anymore? Marriage is not defined by governmental acceptance, the government only enforces contracts and chooses which it will and will not enforce. What is being argued over is not marriage, at least not from the Christian perspective, what is being argued over is contracts.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't know the rational of going from gay or straight marriage to polygamy in this thread. Is marriage a right? Is marriage even the right way of "forming a union of people? The State requires it to make it "legal". The church requires it because without it it makes a GOD mad.
Personally I don't care if you want to marry one woman or many men. If the love is there, that should be enough. There are plenty of other more important problems of society than to say who is allowed to be with each other.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
A harem of sexy, legally-bound men... mmm!

Know what I think would be really interesting? Is if the law allowed for everyone to have three spouses. Imagine your wife having two other husbands, and you having two other wives. And all of them having three spouses themselves.
Ummm...Oh my Fracking Lord...you'd be married to the whole Fracking...planet............"Fracking"...the ability or desire to break ground. Fairly soon...gone...would be any ability or desire to utter......."Frack me"...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
We should simply abolish marriage.

Would settle everything. No marriage, no divorce, would rid the world of 75% of all lawyers

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

As far as I am concerned you can have as many wives as you would like- that is if you can afford them. I don't want my tax dollars paying for your 112 kids. Other than that it's not my business.

I hear what you're saying about the 112 kids...but think about it, is it any different paying for one husband and his forty or so wives and their total of 112 kids, than it is paying for forty separate couples with their 112 kids?

Probably would be cheaper actually, as there would only be one husband and the family would probably be living in a group of closeby and large properties. Cheaper to feed many than a few, cheaper to heat say...10 large homes than 40 smaller homes.

(not that i would advocate having forty wives or 112 kids...i have enough on my plate with one wife and two kids!!)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Polygamy has been acceptable in almost all societies except the modern times.

India had polygamy as a common practice in upper castes till nineteenth century.

However this was a time when women had a low status in the society.

It may not be easy to maintain multiple wives in modern times even if somebody has the means.

However you are right that government should not enforce such things by law. Marriage is a personal choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

This argument does not make any sense. No one is talking about marrying multiple partners, at all. The argument is that if two people of opposite sexes can get married, why can't two people of the same sex.

I suppose it comes down to religion.

It's hard to 'go forth and multiply' if you're the same gender.

Although i don't see why this should apply to civil marriages, but i can see how religious sects would object.

If cloning ever takes off though, i wonder if that would have any bearing on the religious point of view?

Two of the same sex could then multiply, as instructed to by their doctrines.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
gay marriage is about spouses rights and finances, benefits and taxes

polygamy is a cult. none of those sister wives are actually happy

it's sad

If it's only about rights, finances, benefits and taxes, you do NOT need marriage for those things to apply.

Apart from the fact that ISN'T what the homosexuals are saying they want marriage for. On the other hand they are very confused in what they say... so I just just think they are confused.

Marriage won't solve that.

????????

hospital visitation rights, family only. gay partner not allowed in the room
filing taxes as individul VS married
medical benefits married vs single
joint checing account, married spouse only

the only way someone could not see these REALLY obvious examples is fear and hate

you know what they say about homophobes, right ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Personally...I think we should be allowed to marry sheep. If I am not allowed to marry sheep, then my civil rights are being violated.

Once I have married the sheep, both of us should be eligible for govt benefits.

So where are our checks?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
You wanted me to be serious, now I'm being serious since my OP got moved to the trash. If homosexual marriage is a US right, or SHOULD be a US right according to some. Why can't marriage between multiple consenting adults be legal? Why would I, or Mormons, or whoever, be they individuals, a religion, or a community have to move to Mexico or Canada to practicae polygamy? If we are going to break down the original institution of marriage then why can't I have sister wives in all seriousness? If I can care and provide for them, then why should it be illegal because my same rights are being violated as the rights of homosexuals that want to get married.

If two people love each other and want to devote Their lives to one another and have a legal and spiritual bond through marriage, it shouldn't matter who you are.

If one is being asked o be one of a gang of wives however, where is the love, trust and devotion? I think the question is flawed in this respect.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join