It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexual marriage is a Right, why can't I have multiple wives? (Being Serious NO CAT TALK)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
gay marriage is about spouses rights and finances, benefits and taxes

polygamy is a cult. none of those sister wives are actually happy

it's sad

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
You wanted me to be serious, now I'm being serious since my OP got moved to the trash. If homosexual marriage is a US right, or SHOULD be a US right according to some. Why can't marriage between multiple consenting adults be legal? Why would I, or Mormons, or whoever, be they individuals, a religion, or a community have to move to Mexico or Canada to practicae polygamy? If we are going to break down the original institution of marriage then why can't I have sister wives in all seriousness? If I can care and provide for them, then why should it be illegal because my same rights are being violated as the rights of homosexuals that want to get married.

Without reading all of the nonsense, pro, new gay world agenda propaganda that no doubt was between your OP until now and mostly because I just can't stomach to read posts drenched in self entitlement that demand rights for a sexual preference. I will just say..... Good question!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

it's sad

Your right, Polygamy is a cult. What your wrong about is your assumption that the gay culture is not. It most certainly is a cult, in every definition of the word.

You wan't to argue finances, benefits and taxes, talk to your government. There should be no difference between single and married. That is a flaw in the legal system, not in those who find "gay marriage" um.... Silly.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Your right, Polygamy is a cult. What your wrong about is your assumption that the gay culture is not. It most certainly is a cult, in every definition of the word.

cult
/kəlt/
Noun

1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
2. A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

In what way is gay culture a cult?
edit on 28-3-2013 by d1gov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Times are changing. in 20 years none of these things will hopefully be issues. Im gay, ive been in a committed relationship for 6 years. Now i used to be of the opinion, why get married? its a union of 2 people under god. I don't believe in god so whyt would i want the approval of someone i don't beleive in? Lately, ive changed my mind. Marriage has been around almost as long as the human race has. No relgion has the manoply of it. ive always viewed gay us gays as natures birth control. i believe 2 men or 2 women can create a stable home, ive got lots of friends who are in that sitruation. before surragacy though gay = no children. natures attempt at controlling the population. lets face it nature is about balance. it kind of makes sense there would be a system in place to guard against a run away poppulation. If i want to spend my life with my partner, and get married i don't see why i should be denied. Lets face it its mainly the religion thats been instilled in us growing up that makes us think homosexuality bad. just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

From a government standpoint, having that many wives would be too much money for the government to hand out in tax refunds. I have always thought that marriage should be between you, your creator, and what you know as religion, and the government and taxes shouldn't have a thing to do with it. I don't think the government should be involved with any of it.

I do think it is a little cultish, and strange, on a personal level, for a man to have multiple wives... it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason and it kind of creeps me out, but I still stand for liberty in this country, so to each their own. As long as things like this will not harm others, then I say more power to them.

Our government was meant to be run by the people... and today it is so far removed from it. And then you get these nutjobs that think prayer in school is a good idea... there is a separation of church and state for a reason... because religion is a personal choice, as so should be your sexual orientation or who you want to marry, but tell a christian fundamentalist that... there would be too much discord in public schools if children were allowed to draw pentagrams on the gym floor, while others put mats down to pray to the east four times a day. The parents would have a fit... kind of went off on a tangent there... not meant to derail the thread though

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Multiple wives ? Can you imagine the ear ache you would get all day lol.

With all due respect what's being gay and getting married got to do with having multiple wives ? One thing has nothing to do with the next , Or is this just homophobic rant..... Yeah let blame those gays....YAWN !

So you're a homophobic CAT hater ? meow meow meow purr puuur .....What's wrong with talking about cats goddammit ?!!?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2013 by tony9802 because: double post

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rule34
Multiple wives ? Can you imagine the ear ache you would get all day lol.

With all due respect what's being gay and getting married got to do with having multiple wives ? One thing has nothing to do with the next , Or is this just homophobic rant..... Yeah let blame those gays....YAWN !

So you're a homophobic CAT hater ? meow meow meow purr puuur .....What's wrong with talking about cats goddammit ?!!?

Very good point, my sentiments exactly; Also, if you had the right to have multiple wives, that means that she has the right to have multiple husbands.. that sure would be interesting..each one with a distinct duty and responsibility, obviously;
edit on 28-3-2013 by tony9802 because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with it if they're consenting adults. However, the reason we hear more about same-sex marriage is because there are a lot more homosexuals than polygymists.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don't want my tax dollars paying for your 112 kids.
reply to post by littled16

112 kids!!! The guy would have to be part rabbit.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have absolutely no ethical or, in my opinion, legal argument against having multiple wives, husbands, or both. The problem with polygamy, in the form most people refer to when they make this argument, is that it takes place in closed, patriarchal communities where the man chooses his wives before the age of consent, and it often involves heavy exploitation, psychological manipulation, etc. That isn't exactly an example of consenting adults.

But if there is no manipulation, force, or cajoling, and adults who know exactly what they're doing and freely, mutually agree to enter into such a union, I have absolutely zero qualms with it.

I will also go one step further. Incest is almost always instigated by an adult upon children. That isn't an example of consenting adults. Children becoming incestuous without adult instigation or participation still isn't consenting adults, and is abuse because the adult guardian is responsible for stopping it. But if two free, fully aware adults in the absence of any abuse or manipulation wish to enter into an incestuous relationship, again I have absolutely no qualms with it. It is none of my business as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, it already happens routinely. When cousins marry, which is perfectly legal in some states. No one ever seems to bring that up in slippery slope arguments for some reason, even though long ago similar arguments were raised about the issue, also resulting in state-level bans. There are eighteen states where you can marry your cousin with absolutely no restrictions whatsoever, and an additional seven which allow it with certain caveats. But only nine where you can marry someone of the same sex.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The whole homosexual marriage thing is a distraction. There is already an existing model of men who impregnate multiple women leaving them single able to collect welfare. If you enjoy male domination and the feeling of being a provider to gain their dependence it would be good to follow this model with an official multimarriage and rights for your wives involving federal funding since the multispermer can't support it all

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Polygamy is selfish and cruel...I don't buy for a minute that any woman is happy with that arrangment..or a man...although I have never heard about women having multiple husbands in recent times....Men would never put up with that crap, and neither should women....Gay marriage is a whole different thing...it is about 2 people making a commitment to be partners for life to each other.......

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah how many men would kiss women's rear who wanted 10 husbands.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Why would anyone want more than one wife? Masochist? Glutton for punishment?

The LGBT (or w/e the correct acronym is) have it MADE right now, why do they want to fark up the works and get married? LORD they are dumb!

Just like broads looking to be frontline soldiers. DUMB.

Derek

As a gay guy, I gotta agree with this. WHO would want to get married? The cool thing has always been that no one ever expected me to. Or by extension to raise children. Now my next love interest might foist this upon me? Hey, I have no problem being monogamous and being together for the rest of our life - IF IT SO HAPPENS FOR FORCING IT UNDER A PROMISE THAT DOES NOT REFLECT CHANGING PEOPLE OVER THE COURSE OF TIME HAS NEVER MADE SENSE TO ME AND IS BASICALLY PROVEN BY THE 50% DIVORCED RATE - but why would I need any kind of piece of paper to show the world. Benefits? Government benefits? They're piddly at best and are no reason as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

it's sad

If it's only about rights, finances, benefits and taxes, you do NOT need marriage for those things to apply.

Apart from the fact that ISN'T what the homosexuals are saying they want marriage for. On the other hand they are very confused in what they say... so I just just think they are confused.

Marriage won't solve that.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by Viesczy
Why would anyone want more than one wife? Masochist? Glutton for punishment?

The LGBT (or w/e the correct acronym is) have it MADE right now, why do they want to fark up the works and get married? LORD they are dumb!

Just like broads looking to be frontline soldiers. DUMB.

Derek

As a gay guy, I gotta agree with this. WHO would want to get married? The cool thing has always been that no one ever expected me to. Or by extension to raise children. Now my next love interest might foist this upon me? Hey, I have no problem being monogamous and being together for the rest of our life - IF IT SO HAPPENS FOR FORCING IT UNDER A PROMISE THAT DOES NOT REFLECT CHANGING PEOPLE OVER THE COURSE OF TIME HAS NEVER MADE SENSE TO ME AND IS BASICALLY PROVEN BY THE 50% DIVORCED RATE - but why would I need any kind of piece of paper to show the world. Benefits? Government benefits? They're piddly at best and are no reason as far as I'm concerned.

Finally. Congrats dude> You seem to be the only intelligent homosexual I've seen or read about in weeks, anywhere in the world.

You have your act together as a human being even if I don't agree with your lifestyle. You have worked out marriage is not what will solve anything for homosexuals.

But can you spread that word to your own kind before they make complete idiots of themselves and realize that they reduce themselves to a level they actually don't want (if they got of the 'rights' trip)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by d1gov

In every way and none to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I agree, married couples should not reap benefits beyond that available to a single individual. In fact, I also believe a single individual should recieve a much larger tax break/credit than that of a married couple.

I feel this way because married couples have the ability to combine the income from 2 careers (most modern couples take advantage of this), affording them a much higher financial ceiling and security. Granting that single person does use less resources to survive, the most expensive needs are not that far removed from those same needs of a married couple.

Less food, less water, potentially less electricity, less fuel, only 1 vehicle, etc. There are savings for single individuals in those items, but they do not cover the skewed tax benefits, relatively writing (relatively speaking*).

It could be said that single people can save on housing by choosing to live in a smaller, less expensive home and many single people do so. However, I don't think it's fair to say all single people choose this type of residence because that's all they need. Being single doesn't mean the person stops liking nicer things, it just means they can not afford them without the benefit of a dual career household.

Hopefully Heimi, the tax Gd, is reading this and is swayed enough to change the tax situation for singles.... I'm gonna wish for tax changes in one hand and $#!+ in the other, I wonder which will get filled quicker?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join