It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If homosexual marriage is a Right, why can't I have multiple wives? (Being Serious NO CAT TALK)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

"Love" is the most abused word. Can you define "love".

India's (and China's) system of arranged marriage is due to time tested theory that physical attraction does not last, and the comfort and security of family life (in the extended family) is what provides sustenance to the relationship.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

The current "modern" notion is to try to conflate love with sex. This is clearly wrong as you generally only have to point out all the people a person loves that they do not constantly try to have sex with to shoot it down.

For me, there's no question that I love my husband, and I've known it since very early on in our relationship. However, we're also extremely compatible as people beyond any physical relationship we have. He's more than my bedmate. He's my partner in crime so to speak, my best friend.

But love itself is a bigger and deeper bond than the physical and can't be built on just the physical, IMO. If that was all it took, no one would ever get divorced.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I am very happy to know that you have a compatible partner.

However there is a chance factor in getting a partner you want.

Most often people stay in a relationship despite incompatibilities.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Not in the US. These days people who might have been very happy despite a less than optimal partner though still a reasonably compatible one, will divorce him or her in favor of chasing that flash of passion they believe to be love.

There are very few who understand that it's better to have a stable and satisfying home life than it is transitory passion with someone who will later make you thoroughly miserable.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

That "flash of passion" cannot last.

The concept of marriage between man and woman has been there for ages, in ALL cultures, and has endured because it is natural, logical and ethical.

How can a man ever be compatible with another man?? It is biologically impossible.
A woman can find comfort with another woman but sex can never be satisfying (in a natural way).

Unnatural sex is invitation to disease. If unsafe practices keep on increasing, USA will soon find its medical system unable to sustain.

USA is going through a phase of experimentation which would not last. Everything has a cost. Nothing is free.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Why is it impossible to be compatible with another man?

and, some straight people practice this "Unnatural Intercourse" you may be talking about"

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

A man cannot be compatible with another man due to biological reasons.

This is true of male animals also.

The male body has been made by God (or nature if you like) to fight for food and ensure survival. Man has a natural tendency to be aggressive.

Two aggressive persons can never fit in together.

A family unit with two males will always be immoral, as both man will look for sex with ladies outside marriage. This is a natural urge and cannot be wished away.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Anal sex and oral sex is invitation to disease.

Widespread activity of this kind will burden the medical system of USA. There is already stress on the system and "Healthy straight people" are bearing the burden of treating others in the form of increases in insurance premiums.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I was bringing up more the legal point of view. The reality is that the question of a person marrying more than on has already been discussed in the courts. And there are current criminal laws that are on the books. It would be a rough road, but if the citizens of a state were to raise up and remove the criminal statues that prevent such, then it would be legal.

There is one other aspect that is never talked about when it comes to this issue, is where is the cut off? We here of men with multiple wives, and dozens of children, yet in all of the discussion, no one has ever asked or even discussed how many wives would be legal in such a situation? 2, 3, 10, 40? Kind of makes you think that there is more to the issue than just one man and multiple partners.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I support anything consenting adults want to do, alone or together, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

You want 10 wives? And three husbands? Fine with me, as long as they're all consenting, and not coerced in any way.

I can't think of any reasonable reason for which this should not be allowed.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
they want the gene pool diversified.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

you are using a generalized "Man" that was written, but that doesn't mean it's the only way it is. i am not like that, does it have something to do with the fact that i am highly effeminate? that i don't know, i don't claim to know the genetics and backgrounds that could into it. the only thing i am saying is not everyone follows the same blueprint just because that is how it's "Supposed" to be.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You bring up very good issues.

Polygamy works only if the family lives in a strong spiritual environment of morals and caring.

A marriage for 'sex' will never work in polygamy.

In current times, it is better that we stick to one-to-one marriage.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

iwilliam
I support anything consenting adults want to do, alone or together, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

You want 10 wives? And three husbands? Fine with me, as long as they're all consenting, and not coerced in any way.

I can't think of any reasonable reason for which this should not be allowed.

This is not how it works.

Every person wants something different. For example I do not want to pay taxes, but I am fine with one wife. I also want laws to reflect my wishes.

The society has a structure and there are laws because it gives it manageability.

Without structure, no laws are possible that can be enforced.

The family unit is very important. You perhaps do not realize that.

The nation is built from families. The Vedic concept of "Rashtra" (nation) is very clear on this count that "rashtra" is made from "parivar" or families.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Darth_Prime

you are using a generalized "Man" that was written, but that doesn't mean it's the only way it is. i am not like that, does it have something to do with the fact that i am highly effeminate? that i don't know, i don't claim to know the genetics and backgrounds that could into it. the only thing i am saying is not everyone follows the same blueprint just because that is how it's "Supposed" to be.

My dear friend, you need to tell yourself a hundred times - the purpose of sex is to produce an offspring.

Only a woman can bear children. So any sense of sex has to include a woman.

A child is conceived when an egg (produced in female body) meets a sperm (produced in male body). This is the way God (or nature) has made male and female bodies.

The woman bears considerable pain in periods and during child bearing which a man cannot even understand. You should question why? Why is God partial to woman.

Male homosexuals serve no purpose at all except polluting the society.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Good gosh get a grip gurl!

i serve no purpose?

so anyone that is barren should just kill themselves?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I actually want to see gay marriage flourish for one reason:

GAY DIVORCE COURT ON TV

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh come on! Everyone just needs to get the hell over it. This is when crazy religious nut jobs, get to run s#it.

Let the gay community be just as unhappy as the other maried couples...LOL. Sure have multiple wives as well.

who cares!
edit on 23-12-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would love for the government to stay out of the marriage issue. We should all be treated equally, and marriage is a contract between people, so if they are over 18, then they can sign whatever contract they want to sign.

I lived in Arabia. I knew families with multiple wives. I've also know people in triads, open marriage, and such here in America. Few of those in America work out for some reason, usually one feels lesser than the others.

There are benefits to having multiple wives, and quite frankly you men saying off the cuff, "I can barely handle one, why would I want another" are both funny, correct, and yet not realizing it's not about you. Marriage never should be about you, but the other person. How many times have women commented, "God, I just need a good wife!"

In the relationships that worked that I saw, there was no power play going on, there was no BDSM, there was just people working together, loving each other and HELPING each other raise a family.

Most of us are too selfish, jealous, and proud to handle multiple partner situations, I know I wouldn't handle it well because I probably would get jealous, but who knows. It's not immoral, it's just not accepted in most societies. If you can afford to live that way, great.

Oh, I will say I detest the situations I have seen where a man plays Lord and Master over eight plus women, he doesn't work, they each have 2 or 3 children, they work outside the home, and are on welfare! Playing Lord and Master indicates wealth, so before you go off into fantasy land you ought to be able to afford it.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

as long as women can have multiple husbands too and everyone involved can support themselves, I don't see why not.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join