It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi oil: Once seen as U.S. boon, now it's mostly China's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

One of them was so China didn't have its hands on Iraqi oil. Saddam was using the Euro. It was a stop gap for a few years. BTW, Do you know ANYTHING about how our money works?

What happened in Libya would support that.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Money?
I know once we lose our Worlds Reserve Currency , the Cows will come home, and we could see ourselves slide into a 2nd world country status.
I imagine before that happens , there will be a few more countries to destroy, because " they hate us for our Freedoms"

We cant "afford" to go to war, or the US would have been in Iran, Syria, NK.............

If the US falls, the dominoes will stat tumbling.

Every Country will be 2nd or 3rd World..........

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

he US invaded a country, to allow China to get their hands on the Oil.

As opposed to the other answer that Bush,Cheney,Rumsfeld are just a bunch of murders, and did it for fun.

Which is what so many people make it out to be.
So you dont think invading a country , raping its Resources, is anything to get upset about.

And Cheney , Bush , Rumsfeld were really Swell Guys, who got a Bum Rap.

You never disappoint me Neo.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

So you dont think invading a country , raping its Resources, is anything to get upset about.

What resources are being raped?

Sorry i forgot never bothered to read the op, but then agian all those free roads,bridges,and schools etc built by the Us and other western countries don't matter in the least.
edit on 27-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

One of them was so China didn't have its hands on Iraqi oil. Saddam was using the Euro. It was a stop gap for a few years. BTW, Do you know ANYTHING about how our money works?

What happened in Libya would support that.

It does support it. We pay 4 dollars a gallon to keep China paying premium prices. Thats going to end soon, as China is branching out. The US wants to control the price of oil, and has........ Watch. As soon as China gets its oil flowing, we will start opening up our reserves, and start drilling again, or come out with new and improved technology.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

China is raping Africa, and has its claws into its own people. All Governments have faults. Some bigger then others.

Are you as angry with China, or just Neo?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sorry i forgot never bothered to read the op, but then agian all those free roads,bridges,and schools etc built by the Us and other western countries don't matter in the least.
All those Roads, Bridges , Schools that were Destroyed by the US you mean ?
They arent free , they were paid for in Iraqi Blood, (which is Red like every other Humans)
How you can Dismiss they Deaths of Brown People, and defend the People Responsible is astounding.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

China is raping Africa, and has its claws into its own people. All Governments have faults. Some bigger then others.

Are you as angry with China, or just Neo?

When China does Business, they bring Envoys , each carrying 2 suitcases full of money.

When the US does Business, it brings in the Marines.

Am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

How you can Dismiss they Deaths of Brown People.......

Why do you have to label people, with Color?

Twosides, really. You have been given links, and have been treated with respect, all the while continuing to derail Neo's Thread.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Im out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Im out.

My friend.
You were never in.
Deflecting, is not considered replying.
Next time we chat, I'll try not to ask such hard questions.
Have a Good nite.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

All those Roads, Bridges , Schools that were Destroyed by the US you mean ? They arent free , they were paid for in Iraqi Blood,

Actually they were paid for by American blood, and dollars, now they are going to be paid for by the Chinese Yuan,.

How you can Dismiss they Deaths of Brown People, and defend the People Responsible is astounding.

How can anyone dismiss that blood knowing that Iran was there from the get go and defend them.

Does it do anyone any good going around calling Bush and CO murders?

Does it bring them back? NOPE.

Does it accomplish anything ? NOPE.

How many Kuwait's died during his invasion?

How many Iraqi deaths was Saddam responsible for?

How many Kurd's died in those gas attacks?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

How can anyone dismiss that blood knowing that Iran was there from the get go and defend them.
Iran?
Kind of de-railing your own thread, but I'll play.

Are you aware that after 9-11, Iranian troops joined forces with the US , in Iraq, to hunt for Al-qaeda .
But then your Buddy, George Dubya, gave his stupid "Axis of Evil" speech, and Alienated more Countries.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

When China does Business, they bring Envoys , each carrying 2 suitcases full of money.

When the US does Business, it brings in the Marines.

Am I wrong?

One more thing......

Yep your wrong, and your trolling hard.

Chinese arms are killing Africans too, but don't worry. Your bullseye is ONLY on America.

You are a Hypocrite.

China deals with just about any rogue and unsavory regime in Africa that has some natural resource to exploit. It supplies jet fighters, military vehicles and guns to Zimbabwe, Sudan, Ethiopia and other repressive governments. At the U.N., China has used its veto power to block sanctions against tyrannical regimes in Sudan and Zimbabwe.

The Rape of Africa by China

Now I'm out.......

Have fun trolling.
edit on 27-3-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

China deals with just about any rogue and unsavory regime in Africa that has some natural resource to exploit. It supplies jet fighters, military vehicles and guns to Zimbabwe, Sudan, Ethiopia and other repressive governments. At the U.N., China has used its veto power to block sanctions against tyrannical regimes in Sudan and Zimbabwe.

Hmm.
Its not like the US Veto's every Sanction proposed against a Repressive Government, who shall remain Nameless.

See what I did there?

Its called Tit for Tat.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Iran? Kind of de-railing your own thread, but I'll play.

Nah this thread was derailed long ago

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.nationaljournal.com...

But then your Buddy, George Dubya, gave his stupid "Axis of Evil" speech, and Alienated more Countries.

Uh right just forget this:

U.S is now less popular in the region than at the end of the George W. Bush administration.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

See what I did there?

Its called Tit for Tat.

No, You said China buys it way, and America brings the Marines.

You are not being honest. You are trying to get a rise out of people, clearly to either aggravate or play games.

Its called trolling.

And you wonder why people consider leaving ATS, or have left ATS.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You are not being honest. You are trying to get a rise out of people, clearly to either aggravate or play games.

Its called trolling.
I disagree.
I just dont accept the Premise of the Thread, and from that Stance, I asked what I believed was a easy question.
Your calling it trolling because it doesn't agree with your beliefs.
Its a shame really because you usually dont let Emotion get in your way, thus your responses.
I know you gotta go, (I do too) dont take it Personal.
We can not agree and still get along. I am the Polar Opposite of my buddy Seabag, and we talk in U2U a lot.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

How did this or that lead you to Iran, and what does that have to do with the OP?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It was never "BS". While it took a while for oil production to re-commence, the oil industry was substantially privatized with various US and British corporations taking advantage of the weakness of the Iraqi state to ensure concessions favorable to them. Moreover, now the US has been in a position to exploit the oil-reserves of the historically pro-Western Kurdish regions in Iraq.

However, since the Iraq war, China has really emerged on the scene, even more-so than in the 90s, as a rising power intent on gaining some hegemonic status in its region at least, if not on a larger scale. Now, as China lacks oil reserves of its own, it has really pushed to secure its oil security. That explains its deals struck with human rights abusers like Khartoum and ensuring that oil isn't sanctioned in Iran.

It also aims to push into the South China Sea and hopefully, one day, exploit rich oil reserves there. It is no surprise it is trying to secure Iraqi oil. Iraq has gravitated towards Iran recently, due to it's Shi'ite leanings, and they have become agitated with unfair deals struck with and posed by US corporations.

China is willing to not only offer far more lucrative contract, but provide aid to states (financial or infrastructural), on a far more liberal basis than the US. That explains its use of aid to states such as North Sudan. The aid provided is no less ethical than that of the US, and there are substantial scholarly articles and empirical data to prove so, but it is definitely more liberal with who it engages.

If you simply cared to do the research before you posted your assertions, you would find your claims are not based in fact, but rather speculation.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

reply to post by Agit8dChop

Who cares who gets the oil.

Now they say who cares when for the last decade "war for oil" was all the rage.

Its about who sells it and operates the fields

Oh then it is about China since they operate the fields, and the seller is Iraq.

the USA and UK Couldn't care if some backwater south American country was getting the oil, as long as it was BP and EXXON supplying it.

www.autoblog.com...

I love when people bring up BP since BP isn't even American owned.

Years later, the Anglo-Persian Oil Co. bought the government-seized assets of a German firm that sold oil in Britain before the war. That company was called British Petroleum, a name adopted later by Anglo-Persian and shortened to BP in 2000.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yep sure is time to wake up instead of recycling 10 year old talking points.

it's like beating a dead horse with you. He said it once already, it is not about which country receives the oil inflow, but rather which country's corporations profit from the privatisation of the oil fields.

The fact that Chinese firms are now securing lucrative contracts is irrelevant, that is something the US government had no insight that it would happen in the future, and it is something that they can no longer prevent, especially once the contracts expire.

Lastly, yes BP is British. That is the point. Do you remember which country sent the second largest troop contingent? The UK. They're entitled to their oil as well.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join