It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi oil: Once seen as U.S. boon, now it's mostly China's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Iraqi oil: Once seen as U.S. boon, now it's mostly China's

www.mcclatchydc.com

WASHINGTON — Ten years after the United States invaded and occupied Iraq, the country’s oil industry is poised to boom and make the troubled nation the No.2 oil exporter in the world. But the nation that’s moving to take advantage of Iraq’s riches isn’t the United States. It’s China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Really that is not what pundits on TV and some threads on ATS tell me.

All I have heard for a decade is "war for oil" of course I knew it was BS when it started from a political talking point, and it is still BS a decade later.

Of course this article will fall on deaf ears there is no dissuading the "righteous".

The International Energy Agency expects China to become the main customer for Iraq’s vast oil reserves

^^^ China will be Iraq's largest customer.

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes and you probably heard that the Iraqi oil would pay for our invasion from the Bush/Cheney cabal. Comparing Bush to Obama is truly futile. Neither are worth the salt in my tears.

The only truthful statement I can recall from a politician/wannabe was Ross Perot when he described the "giant sucking sound" of jobs leaving the US.

For once, we heard truth. Now we live with ignoring it.

The US is being destroyed by design. Make no mistake about that.
edit on 27-3-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
America has to pay off their debt to China somehow...

-SAP-
edit on 27-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

So clearly China is not going to get a drop of oil from Iraq.

That right?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So why did we invade then? Did we need to burn some ammo and install a puppet? A puppet for what purpose? You don't have to be a close friend with someone to buy their oil, at least I think so. If oil producers stop dealing with the EU and the USA then their income would shrivel up substantially.

I can speculate why but that would not prove anything. As for the events of 9-11-2001 it had nothing to do with alqueda and no wmd were found in iraq anyway. Go ahead Neo96 tell us WHY "we" invaded iraq since you only like criticising.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Unfortunately for the US, our day to day activities would cease without China purchasing our "debt". China will get precisely what they want and the US will slowly move into the dustbin of history much as other countries who have allowed themselves to be taken hostage by banks.

Follow the money. Sadly, what we call money is nothing more than paper and a promise. The promise is a lie. As the remainder of the world realizes the lie, they leave it to fester.

The whole concept behind the Federal Reserve boggles the mind that We the People would allow such an entity to completely control us. BUT...we have.

We either go the way of modern Iceland or we go the way of ancient Rome.

My hat is off to the Icelandic people for their courage and resolve. The American people are too tied up in their distractions to realize that they are now enslaved. To even attempt to enlighten one is like trying to convince a drunk that they've had one too many. The course has been started and must complete itself.
edit on 27-3-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

-SAP-

This must be a joke. Both russia and china had no problem with Saddam Hussein or any other arab regime. The only thing the second gulf war did was destabilise the entire middle east by having one large rogue government threatning israel rather than two smaller ones.

The first gulf war was justified. Saddam had invaded kuwait and had to be stopped. He was stopped and Bush sr said it would be wise to let saddam have a respectable army to counteract iran. The second bush administration removed that buffer. Now iran fears no one! Not that I like israel, iran or iraq. All warmongering religious nutjob nations hell bent on controlling their populations. Iraq was milder than iran too.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

-SAP-

This must be a joke. Both russia and china had no problem with Saddam Hussein or any other arab regime. The only thing the second gulf war did was destabilise the entire middle east by having one large rogue government threatning israel rather than two smaller ones.

The first gulf war was justified. Saddam had invaded kuwait and had to be stopped. He was stopped and Bush sr said it would be wise to let saddam have a respectable army to counteract iran. The second bush administration removed that buffer. Now iran fears no one! Not that I like israel, iran or iraq. All warmongering religious nutjob nations hell bent on controlling their populations. Iraq was milder than iran too.

A joke??? I don't recall seeing a Chinese nor a Russian diplomat engaging in conversation with Iraq. There are no shortage of images of our home court US demon Rumsfeld shaking hands and blowing smoke with Saddam. Where do you think he got his purported WMDs?

A 15 minutes search of the evils Rumsfeld is associated with would quickly allow one to conclude that he is not the Devil but is not far behind him in rank.

War was justified for whom? For what purpose? Why did ONE US soldier sacrifice their life? For what cause did ONE US citizen die when related to a country that couldn't do anything more to the US than talk smack. Neither Iraq nor Iran has the capability to do anything to the US other than bluster........unless they engage in espionage and sneak across our borders. No worries there right? DHS is johnny on the spot about taking care of that........oh wait, nope, they don't do crap about that. They're too busy feeling up grannys in airports and terrorizing the US populace to worry about actually doing the "job" Herr Bush invoked after the "attack" of 9/11.

C'mon. This puzzle really isn't that difficult to piece together.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i heard that they were there for raw materials having more to do with technology like uranium etc. Of course it works out well for them if everyone is looking for them to take oil and under the table they're taking other stuff.

/i would expect them to wait for people to figure out that they're not taking oil and for those people to relax and then make moves.
edit on 27-3-2013 by universejive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This thread is going pretty much how I expected:

China gets all the oil
The Us gets all the dogma.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The International Energy Agency expects China to become the main customer for Iraq’s vast oil reserves

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but.... isn't China always going to be a customer to Iraq's oil fields, given how large China is? It wasn't about who gets the OIL.. its about who gets paid FOR the OIL! Why would the USA want to get all that oil, they'd have to start selling it cheaper due to a huge stockpile.. no no no you've got it all wrong.

the real thing you need to focus on is what oil companies are operating these oil fields and selling the oil to its customers and making a killing.....

Here's a quick run down according to wiki who operates the oil fields:

Majnoon oil field - Royal Dutch Shell & Petronas
Halfaya Field - Iraq Ministry of Oil
West Qurna - Exxon Mobil, Royal Dutch Shell, Lukoil, Statoil
Rumaila oil field - BP

So yes, the Iraq war was definitely about WMD's.. no wait it was about the peace and security for Iraqi's... no wait it was about the security of America and terrorism... ahh feck it, lets be honest. Operation Iraqi Liberation was about one thing and one thing only..
OIL!

and If you believe otherwise then I seriously think you need to look at the people who orchestrated the war..

namely GW Bush and Dick Cheney and see where their true hearts lie..
edit on 27-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The whole reason we went to war.

Not to keep oil for America. To keep the Chinese in check.

Why do you think Muammar Gaddafi was killed?

His oil was going to be Chinese oil.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

A joke??? I don't recall seeing a Chinese nor a Russian diplomat engaging in conversation with Iraq. There are no shortage of images of our home court US demon Rumsfeld shaking hands and blowing smoke with Saddam. Where do you think he got his purported WMDs?

WMD? You mean the small stockpile of chemical weapons used against the kurds? That hardely constitutes WMD!

A 15 minutes search of the evils Rumsfeld is associated with would quickly allow one to conclude that he is not the Devil but is not far behind him in rank.

Rumsfeld was the one giving the lecture about the pentagon beauracracy and the $2.3 trillion missing from the pentagon one day prior to the staged events of 9-11-2001. Hardely the demon you call him. Try Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowiz....

War was justified for whom? For what purpose? Why did ONE US soldier sacrifice their life? For what cause did ONE US citizen die when related to a country that couldn't do anything more to the US than talk smack. Neither Iraq nor Iran has the capability to do anything to the US other than bluster........

Clearly I was talking about the first gulf war when iraq invaded kuwait and had to be stopped. The USA was part of a very large campaign back then. The second gulf war was done by USA, UK, Spain, Portugal, etc and had almost no approval.

unless they engage in espionage and sneak across our borders. No worries there right? DHS is johnny on the spot about taking care of that........oh wait, nope, they don't do crap about that. They're too busy feeling up grannys in airports and terrorizing the US populace to worry about actually doing the "job" Herr Bush invoked after the "attack" of 9/11.

C'mon. This puzzle really isn't that difficult to piece together.

If you want my honest opinion the attacks on 9-11-2001 was to destroy the missing paperwork on the $2.3 trillion missing from the pentagon. Granted the subject had been discussed before but why would they attack the pentagon wing were all the relevant documents were to be found?

As if the attacks were not enough then they accusse alqueda and go out on their holy crusades against afghanistan and iraq.

Its about starting WW3 before ufo&alien disclosure can have a chance of becoming mainstream imo. The rich people are satanists and they control the UN, USA and EU!
edit on 27/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Maybe I'mm reading this wrong but.... isn't China always going to be a customer to Iraq's oil fields, given how large China is?

Yes they are

the real thing you need to focus on is what oil companies are operating these oil fields and selling the oil to its customers..

Since all business is owned by the state we already know.

So yes, the Iraq war was definitely about WMD's.. no wait it was about the peace and security for Iraqi's... no wait it was about the security of America and terrorism... ahh feck it, lets be honest. Operation Iraqi Liberation was about one thing and one thing only.. oil.

How is about oil when CHINA is getting it all ?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who cares who gets the oil.
Its about who sells it and operates the fields.

the USA and UK Couldn't care if some backwater south American country was getting the oil, as long as it was BP and EXXON supplying it.

Like i said, the USA does not want all that oil flowing into American markets. Because BP And Exxon would then have to start selling it cheaper due to their being a surplus. the US never wanted to get the oil, they wanted to control it and sell it.

time to wake up me thinks!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All I have heard for a decade is "war for oil" of course I knew it was BS when it started from a political talking point, and it is still BS a decade later.

Of course it's BS.

First it was a war to stop the proliferation of WMDs

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Like i said, the USA does not want all that oil flowing into American markets. Because BP And Exxon would then have to start selling it cheaper due to their being a surplus. the US never wanted to get the oil, they wanted to control it and sell it.

And.... The US has vast amounts of oil. We should be paying pennys on the dollar, for our gas. The problem is this. China pays full pocket prices, to get their oil. The public is part of the economic war. As long as we pay the price we pay, China is forced to pay the same. Its about refinerys. I put up a link to a vid that tells it how it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Who cares who gets the oil.

Now they say who cares when for the last decade "war for oil" was all the rage.

Its about who sells it and operates the fields

Oh then it is about China since they operate the fields, and the seller is Iraq.

the USA and UK Couldn't care if some backwater south American country was getting the oil, as long as it was BP and EXXON supplying it.

www.autoblog.com...

I love when people bring up BP since BP isn't even American owned.

Years later, the Anglo-Persian Oil Co. bought the government-seized assets of a German firm that sold oil in Britain before the war. That company was called British Petroleum, a name adopted later by Anglo-Persian and shortened to BP in 2000.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yep sure is time to wake up instead of recycling 10 year old talking points.
edit on 27-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Why everyone keeps over-looking this baffles me a bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join