It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egan Jones Downgrades UK (again) AA- to A+

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The US goverment may have been banned from giving rating (thats the non nrsro bit) but
that not going to stop them.

DOWNGRADING United Kingdom FROM AA- to A+ (S&P: AAA)

THIS IS A NON-NRSRO RATING.

Synopsis: Re. the balance of payments, imports have exceeded exports by an average of 500B pounds annually over the past several years. The major problems for the UK is that Europe's banking crisis does not appear to be abating as evidenced by the problems of the Cypriot banks. On the fiscal side, the deficit to GDP has declined over the past three years from 11.5% to 8.3%, which is a respectable decline, but is still substantial; the bulk of the deficit reduction was the result of increased taxes. The over-riding concern is whether the country will be able to continue to cut its deficit in the face of weaker economic conditions and a possible deterioration in the country's financial sector. Unfortunately, we expect that the UK's debt/GDP will rise and the country will remain pressed (we are waiting for addl 2012 data). We are downgrading.

Zerohedge

And if you'r wondering why check this lot out.

Tax rises of up to £9bn – equal to a 2p increase in the basic rate of income tax – could be imposed after the next general election to limit further cuts in public spending, experts warned on Thursday.

The scale of the spending cuts scheduled for 2015 in George Osborne's budget will be so difficult to implement an incoming government would have little alternative but to raise taxes or borrow more, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said

Guardian

On Thursday morning the prime minister’s official spokesperson acknowledged that debt as a percentage of GDP “has risen” since the election, adding that the deficit had been reduced “by a quarter”.

“The government is taking measures to bring debt under control,” he said. “The point the prime minister is making is the prime minister’s government is taking tough decisions to deal with the economic crisis the government inherited.”

Huffinton Post

That oneway ticket to iceland is getting more tempting by the day.
edit on 27/3/2013 by skuly because: colour never works first time

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yup I made up my mind this time next year I will be living in another country...maybe Canada.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Let me be the first to welcome you to Canada. Here's your complimentary Tim Horton's card, lol. Trust me it's better then Dunkin Donuts, lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And yet we still give thousands of immigrants that enter the country daily... free housing, free healthcare, free money...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Ask around anyone need a Butler? or a Fishmonger/Barmanager/Nursing assistant/croupier/care assistant/super duper cool dude?
If so PM me

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In school:

A- was always the same as a B+ to us kids.

So isn't AA- the same as A+?

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Hey skuly...we're both Welsh...we maybe should start considering what Scotland is hoping to get....FREEDOM!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't really think it matters where you go these days, this financial melt-down crap is global. Canada sounds nice all the same, less CCTV I imagine.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So, soverign nations rely on these private companies to TELL them how much Their money is worth!!!!!!!! So the financial markets can trade on each countries debt!!!!! its a #ing joke.
The system is broken and needs dismantling from the ground up.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
12/7/2019

FYI: UK Selling off assets at a record pace: uk.finance.yahoo.com...

top topics

join