It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climategate Leaker: Our Civilization Is Being Killed By Lying 'Science' Elitists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yes, nothing at all is happening to arctic ice and climate...nothing at all.

Not even going to bother arguing with the people who think climate change isn't happening...keep believing that Koch brother and big oil propaganda, they have the best in mind for the world and humanity.
edit on 28-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

They even said that is what they are doing.
Who did?

And ask yourself what would it look like if they were doing it?
I have asked my self that. And I've looked at the numbers. And I don't think it would be visible at all if it were being done.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JrDavis

They even said that is what they are doing.
Who did?

And ask yourself what would it look like if they were doing it?
I have asked my self that. And I've looked at the numbers. And I don't think it would be visible at all if it were being done.

Keith did. You ask a lot of questions yet you haven't answered any of mine.

The valid points I make are run on questions for you.

Here let me explain it this way...

Just found this interesting since you're a bulk aluminum believer.

When you get to metals in biological systems. You are no longer talking about the bulk aluminum that people think about when they are drinking form soda pop cans. So once it gets to the aluminum oxide stage, It just forms a plague in your arteries and shuts down life.

The half life of aluminum is decades. I think we should be more focused on removing this toxins from our environments instead of adding them.

In the end Phage it's your health and well being. The conspiracy isn't one of who is right or wrong. It's more about this is our health and it's being affected by what you are saying you will add to the atmosphere.

It's common sense.

Buy some clean Chlorella and start taking it man. It's one of the best things to remove heavy metals from your body.

When you get used to that, you can move on to cilantro that is a good motivator. The Chlorella is a binder.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I found it interesting too. So much so that I did a little checking about the claims. It's a load of nonsense.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JrDavis

I found it interesting too. So much so that I did a little checking about the claims. It's a load of nonsense.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fun read, Sad you had to post your own thread as credit.

I did look at the results.

I want you to understand something. 375000 UG/L = 375mg...

375mg = 375 ppm

4 ppm of aluminum in human blood can cause it to colagulate.

customers.hbci.com...

4PPM is toxic to human consumption.

If someone would of drank that water, It would of been toxic. Especially at 375 ppm.

There's no debate man. It's no good for you and there's no excuse for putting it in the atmosphere.

10000 Megaton [Mt] = 10000000000000 Kilogram [kg]

I don't even wanna tell you what number that is in MG...

Your thread is biased and wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Scientists and teachers are often spoken of as "elitist" by the ignorant who can't understand what they are trying to say. This is why the right tries to disparage and discourage them both.

The only fitting educators are military and maybe some respectable bankers, stock investors and hedge fund operators I guess. They know what this world is all about and are the only ones who should be teaching our children anything...everyone else is an "elitist."

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My old man is a physicist and geologist, one of the best in the country as a matter of fact, and when I asked him about the global warming (which he never talks about) he looked worried and said that human doings definitely affect the global temperature. Nothing more.

I also asked him about renewable energy sources, and he said that solar power is the way to go when the technology gets better. And there is NO WAY he's part of any conspiracy.

I trust him way more than any pseudo-scientist GW debunkers.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Yes, nothing at all is happening to arctic ice and climate...nothing at all.

Not even going to bother arguing with the people who think climate change isn't happening...keep believing that Koch brother and big oil propaganda, they have the best in mind for the world and humanity.
edit on 28-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Maybe it is happening, but what is causing it is a different matter entirely. So in fact the laymen have answers to none of the above. I hope english is your first language and please lose that arrogance.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You lost me when you referenced richard hoagland aka blowhard extraordinaire (excuse any spelling mistakes)

second

And you lost me with your smear campaign against him. You have no desire for a constructive discussion!

He has published many books. I don't have to agree with everything he says to know there is something really wrong with nasa and the federal government. The writting is all over the wall. Just open a book and learn something.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Science sees a way of getting funding from both points of view. Win win situation. Taxpayer..Lose lose situation.

Try to prove climate change right or wrong and you still give science money, it is like donating to a religion of your choice.

Cutting back our destruction of the environment costs nothing, it actually saves a person money.....Don't buy things you really don't need. The earth is changing and the only thing we can do to fix the problem no matter what the cause is to quit adding fuel to the fire. Governments look at taxing us so they can pay off all the money that they spent already that they shouldn't have. Government is a big cause of global warming or climate change. They cause or allow destruction as long as it benefits the government...They will sidestep environmental issues if money is paid to their programs. Don't pay the fines and you get shut down. Inspectors try to find problems to help fund the government, not for our good.

I have been around for long enough and have known many people who have told me how the system works. It is all a scam. Climate change is real though. No matter what the reason is, the future of mankind is still the same. Take care of the world that provides for us. Get rid of all the unnecessary chemicals and practices that are screwing it up.....You notice I said unnecessary.....not necessary. Don't waste, don't buy what you really don't need and we will be fine. Let the governments sit in the crap pile they have created and soak up the fumes for a while till they come to their senses.

We need to stop arguing with each other. The system they use to pull deception is to keep us arguing amongst ourselves. Shift the focus is another way. Simplify life, don't complicate it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm not surprised how delusional some people still are about this - believing climategate was anything other than a deliberately manufactured hoax. Sure, it doesn't matter that there were at least NINE official investigations into the so-called "scandal", and ALL of them cleared the scientists of any misconduct.

Nor does it matter that numerous third party sources like Pulitzer-Prize winning PolitiFact, or The Associated Press also conducted their own examinations and came to those same conclusions.

But it's amazing what totally oblivious hypocrites people still insist on being about this.

Typical responses in this thread:

Man made global warming is all based on fear and emotion. It's a bleeding-heart Liberal elitist agenda. There's no scientific evidence for any of it.

No - it's based off of 150+ years of meticulously objective and unambiguous science. And there is plenty of empirical evidence for it: Human fingerprint in global warming

Meanwhile the fact that obtuse deniers continue to do nothing but IGNORE all that evidence, and choose to focus instead on sensationalist fake scandals like climategate to justify their willful ignorance on this makes it quite clear who's actually the one dominated by knee-jerk reactions of fear and emotion here.

I mean forget all those long, boring investigations listed above - if any of you supposed "skeptics" applied even the slightest shred of unbiased logic and critical thinking to these emails you could debunk them yourselves.

Start here:

"I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."

And ask yourself:

What sort of devious "trick" is someone using, or what exactly are they "hiding", if they're adding in "the real temps" to something?

That right there should raise red flags and tell you this very notorious email is being quoted out of context.

Simply reading and understanding it IN CONTEXT reveals that the only trick the scientists were employing here was to actually make the information more robust - because they were overwriting a well-known and publicly discussed "divergence problem" in proxy tree data and replacing it with much more reliable REAL temperature data.

But again - understanding this takes critical thinking, objectivity, and patience. Many of you guys clearly don't bother with any of that - because here you are 3 and a half years later STILL talking about -
Climategate = "hide the decline. HIDE THE DECLINE. ZOMG HIDE THE DECLINE!!!"

It's no coincidence either that the vast majority of ATS members still pushing this delusional narrative spin far right around here.

Even though both sides of the MSM were guilty of knee-jerking this story through the roof when it first broke, most at least admitted their folly when the furor died down and the facts started to come out.

Newspapers Retract 'Climategate' Claims, but Damage Still Done

But not FOX News and the right wing echo chamber of course - they continue to push a completely distorted and dishonest agenda on it to this very day. I've already demonstrated just how calculated and devious it all is.

There's plenty of other evidence to back it up and tie it all together:
"Climategate" exposed: Conservative media distort stolen emails in latest attack on global warming consensus

So those of you who want to continue sheeping it up with this sock puppet rhetoric - please go right ahead. Don't forget to congratulate yourselves on how much you're apparently above all the "fear and emotion" hype too.

Because hopefully there's still enough people here who can think for themselves logically and lucidly to see what's really going on, just from your own mindless hypocrisy and extreme projection bias:

edit on 28-3-2013 by mc_squared because: to hide the delcline

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Maybe if people like you spent less time insulting everyone who is skeptical or disagrees with the man made global warming theory you wouldn't be hated so much. Strong arming people into agreement is usually counter-productive in case you have'nt noticed by now.

Among the myriad of insults you guys throw is the implied insult to everyone's intelligence that 99% of the global warming(if it is even real) is caused by human consumption and specifically CO2. CO2 is not CO which is poisonous. It is not sulfur either! It is not aluminum either! It is not barium either! Do you understand?

YES pollution is real! Perhaps global warming is real. IF global warming is real then I have enormous doubts that 99% of it is caused by CO2 and not by a solar anomalies, poisonous/toxic gases, etc. EVEN IF global warming is real and caused by CO2 HOW EXACTLY will another tax(carbon credits) solve anything? Taxes are passed down to the consumer and big polluters will continue to pollute as though no legislations was passed at all.

There IS a solution to most problems. First be honest, second ENFORCE THE EXISTING LAWS! Taxes here, more taxes there, new laws here, more laws there, more confusion, smaller paychecks, less spending power, more outrage. Get a clue!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

He's not hated here, he's a well respected member to most people.

Your petty arguments have been hashed out time and time again. They are weak and not well thought out.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I see no quotes in the OP that show that scientists lied, nor that global warming is fake.

The one quote is just saying, "If we're wrong, they are going to be mad."

“What if climate change appears to be just mainly a multi-decadal natural fluctuation? They’ll kill us probably.”

I see absolutely no deceit or ill-will in that statement.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

4PPM is toxic to human consumption.

A blood level of 4ppm is toxic. That doesn't mean that drinking water with 4 ppm is. Unless you drink a whole lot of it.

If someone would of drank that water, It would of been toxic.

But that test isn't for water, is it? It says "Pond Sediment". It says "Sludge". I wouldn't be drinking that if I were you. But maybe if you ate a lot of it, it would be poisonous. I doubt the aluminum would be your biggest problem though.

There's no debate man. It's no good for you and there's no excuse for putting it in the atmosphere.
You can't avoid it. It composes 7% of the Earth's crust.

edit on 3/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra

He's not hated here, he's a well respected member to most people.

Your petty arguments have been hashed out time and time again. They are weak and not well thought out.

Is there anything that shouldn't be taxed?

I guess anyone that has objections to man made global warming is making arguements in vain. I might as well not have posted anything. There is no conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Some of you should learn that science is not a religion, and that AGW is a
hyped and manipulated, and outdated belief. AGW is not science.

Fake Hockey stick graphs are not science.

Ask yourself why AGW believers are the minority!???

It is becoming clear that not only do many scientists dispute the asserted global
warming crisis, but these skeptical scientists may indeed form a scientific consensus.

Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all.

Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis,

according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies.
www.forbes.com...

e dit on 28-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
The only fitting educators are military and maybe some respectable bankers, stock investors and hedge fund operators I guess. They know what this world is all about and are the only ones who should be teaching our children anything...everyone else is an "elitist."

Bankers? Hedge fund operators?
I will give you the benefit of the doubt that your being sarcastic,
otherwise that is delusional thinking.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You need to separate "carbon credits" from the science of AGW.

That is your biggest mistake.

I in no way endorse "carbon credits", while sticking to the science.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Ask yourself why AGW believers are the minority!???

I suggest you actually read the study and not depend on the Forbes interpretation of it.

Here are the results of a recent poll of meteorologists.

A very large majority of respondents (89%) indicated that global warming is
happening; in contrast few indicated it isn’t happening (4%), or that they “don’t know”

Respondents who indicated that global warming is happening were asked their views about its primary causes; a large majority indicted that human activity (59%), or human activity and natural causes in more or less equal amounts (11%), were the primary causes. Relatively few respondents indicated that the warning is caused primarily by natural causes (6%), although a substantial minority (23%) indicated they don’t believe enough is yet know to determine the degree of human or natural causation.

www.ametsoc.org...
edit on 3/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join