It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fooddemocracynow: "Obama betrays America" / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To be honest, I never imagined that Fooddemocracynow would headline 'Obama Betrays America' but that does go to show the power of one single issue that you are passionate about and what lengths you would go to expose those that get in your way.

Obama supporters, if you're still wondering if you can blame this one on Bush, the answer is no.

action.fooddemocracynow.org...

We regret to inform you that late last night President Barack Obama signed H.R. 993, which contained the Monsanto Protection Act into law. President Obama knowingly signed the Monsanto Protection Act over the urgent pleas of more than 250,000 Americans who asked that he use his executive authority to veto it. President Obama failed to live up to his oath to protect the American people and our constitution.

www.examiner.com...

For those that are new to this situation, the Monsanto Protection Act is the name given to what's known as a legislative rider that was inserted into the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.

Using the deceptive title of Farmer Assurance Provision, Section 735 of this bill actually grants Monsanto immunity from federal courts pending the review of any GM crop that is thought to be dangerous.

Under the section, courts would be helpless to stop Monsanto from continuing to plant GMO crops that are thought -- even by the US government -- to be a danger to human health or our cherised environment.

There is certain to be almost immediate legal action from multiple fronts which will hit the mainstream media headlines. For the first time in decades, Americans will have to give serious consideration to the food supply they are consuming from and hopefully begin a brave new moment in grassroots activism.

This is not Obama's first GMO infraction and certainly won't be his last.

He appointed Monsanto Executives/Lobbyists to top federal government levels:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

petovera.com...

signon.org...

The Fox Guarding the Chickens

If GMOs are indeed responsible for massive sickness and death, then the individual who oversaw the FDA policy that facilitated their introduction holds a uniquely infamous role in human history. That person is Michael Taylor. He had been Monsanto's attorney before becoming policy chief at the FDA. Soon after, he became Monsanto's vice president and chief lobbyist.

This month Michael Taylor became the senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. He is now America's food safety czar. What have we done?

Lastly, who remembers this?

edit on 27-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, appears it is not much of a concern for him, at the White House
they eat Organic while the rest of the nation suffers with
the fox gaurding the hen house.

edit on 27-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I bet he won't give his kids genectically modified foods. My only question is this: why do we have to modify food in the first place? And for the FDA to state that theres no difference between gmos and regular crops is outragous. Messing with anything genectic code can only spell disaster. Codex ailimentarius at work.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's always late at night when they sneak this crap through, isn't it?
I want to say I can't believe it, but the truth is that I just don't want to.
I am only glad we already had plans to expand the gardens this year. We obviously can't trust the government with our health. They have only proven time and again that the agenda is all that matters.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom
We obviously can't trust the government with our health. They have only proven time and again that the agenda is all that matters.

Yes, thats the truth of it! All of the bureaucrats scurrying around,
jumping from Monsanto to the FDA and the USDA.

This is the reason they do not want to label GMO, if everyone knew
the truth, things would change!

edit on 27-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I read recently that they discovered infertility in the mice that were fed GMO, so really this is all part of his bigger agenda for population control

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The obama sycophants will not post on this thread, or will twist themselves into knots trying to justify or make excuses for this. Looking at the graft showing the amount of Modesto people employed by the clinton and obama administrations this is no surprise.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's ironic that the first lady caught flack a few years ago for planting an organic kitchen garden at the White House because industry leaders were concerned that "it would give Americans the wrong impression that non-organic growing techniques are unhealthy."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
It's ironic that the first lady caught flack a few years ago for planting an organic kitchen garden at the White House because industry leaders were concerned that "it would give Americans the wrong impression that non-organic growing techniques are unhealthy."

She probably planted the garden because she knew what was coming. She didn't want her kids to ingest GMO produce.
edit on 27-3-2013 by texasgirl because: deleted a wrong word.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I seen this coming for a while now. Why would the president of the U.S sign something so dumb? Wonder how much Monsanto paid for this one. Deep pockets means more connections.

What trash...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
monsanto is banned overseas

in the US they get immunity

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So, even if GMO's didn't cause harm ( and we know they do) Obama signed into law a measure that would prevent Monsanto from being sued even if the US Government itself thinks they are wrong.

If that's not Fascism I don't know what is. Obama is a Traitor, Hang him High. This measure has to be illegal somehow by taking away the power of the courts and putting it in the hands of a privately held company.

Can the Supreme Court overturn this? If not, we are Doomed as GMO's prevasivly invade our lives further.

Perhaps North Korea's nuking Washington isn't such a bad idea. Somebody needs to stop this Criminal of The People.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Are you under the impression the other candidate would not have done this - on his first day?
Hopefully Obama did what he could to lessen the impact on food safety and reign in Monsanto. They employ a lot of people which is why they are so hard to break. I think Obamas wife encouraging people to start their own gardens is a real step to take people slowly but surely away from GMO foods and back into self sustaining produce grown from heirloom seeds in your own yard. I am not excusing Obama for this. I am against it. I just don't jump straight to demonizing people because they let me down. I don't think that was the intent of Food-democracy either.

edit on 27-3-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Obama is just a big corporate shill disguised as a progressive. In fact, his policies have been remarkably similar to GW Bush.

Didn't vote for Obama this go round, but I sure as hell won't ever vote for a republican. Keep your religion to yourself thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Not all republicans are religious.

Not all democrats are stupid.

But a good majority of them are =)

edit on 27-3-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, this is very big news. This is the food that is mass produced, basically impossible to avoid eating aside from growing your vegetables yourself ( and if you do, are your seeds GM? ).

I would begin by stating GMO serve a considerable arguement politically in that they can be more resistant to pesticides, produce more weight crop or otherwise be modified to somehow be more sustainable in a purely "product vs cost" way.

The downside is that GMO are proven to basically be the antithesis of a proper diet for the human body. Regardless of that, the masses ALREADY have a near 100percent GMO diet ALREADY. So, it makes sense cancer rates are high, sickness etc. Mental health also is connected.

I feel that it is not our generation that likely will see the full effect of this. We are witnessing the rise to complete monsanto power of the human race food supply, literally ( not tryijng to be dramatic, just how I see it as a fact ).

We know what ill effects it has on our generation, but I would be interested to guess at what minor DNA changes and mutations it creates to our children, and then further mutations to their children... In future generations down the line, what will humanity mutate into.. Or desintigrate into? Are we a collective experiment whom 99percent of the test subjects will be poisoned to death or have irreversable DNA corruptions - while that single, rare, 1percent who randomly get a 'beneficial' mutation end up becoming the new evolved humanity?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry to have to say that I think the people running this country have been eating the food that should not be eaten for too long. They are unaware of the effects of food chemistry on the brain. They think it is safe when in reality they are doped up themselves. We need clear thinking people running this country, not a bunch of food dope addicts.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In protest, I will be planting an all heirloom/organic garden this year.

I should step up the gardening and teach myself to can this year, I have the acreage to grow enough food for my family, and the livestock.

At least that way they would get less of my money.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Are you under the impression the other candidate would not have done this - on his first day? Hopefully Obama did what he could to lessen the impact on food safety and reign in Monsanto. They employ a lot of people which is why they are so hard to break. I think Obamas wife encouraging people to start their own gardens is a real step to take people slowly but surely away from GMO foods and back into self sustaining produce grown from heirloom seeds in your own yard. I am not excusing Obama for this. I am against it. I just don't jump straight to demonizing people because they let me down. I don't think that was the intent of Food-democracy either.

Well at least one showed up and proved me right.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
I bet he won't give his kids genectically modified foods. My only question is this: why do we have to modify food in the first place? And for the FDA to state that theres no difference between gmos and regular crops is outragous. Messing with anything genectic code can only spell disaster. Codex ailimentarius at work.

It's the false premise that GMO's = more food to go around at cheaper prices.

This is true, but only because we let it happen. Food can be made plenty and just as cheap with or without GMO. It's all a big economic swindle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join